It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Supreme Court Rules Mailed-In Ballots Without a Postmark Date Can NOT Be Counted.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Scotus has a case coming up that deals with this exact issue. Federal law says only state legislatures have the authority to make changes to election laws (Federal and state). The Governor nor the courts have the authority to overrule the legislature. In the case of PA the law the legislature passed set out the criteria for mail in ballots to be legal. If they dont fill out the required info the ballots are invalid.

There's going to be a big hassle over this. The Pennsylvania State Legislature didn't make some of the changes to the election rules. The Wolf Administration and the Secretary of State made changes on their own claiming that they had the authority because of the COVID Emergency.

There's a damn good chance that Trump actually won Pennsylvania, but, by the time it winds through the Courts it will be to late to do anything about it. That's the Democrat's game plan.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

That has been debunked and never occurred.

LOL...Gimme a break, we all heard him. Gaslight much?

She already stated she is instructing election officials to ignore the scotus ruling and to count the ballots.

What was that ruling? Oh yeah, the case is "moot". Therefore, there is no precedent for the courts to lean on.

ETA - violating state election laws is further compounded by the fact they are violating the PA state constitution - specifically Article VII section 14.

I don't see anything in there ordering the invalidation of ballots with missing or incorrect handwritten dates.

edit on 20-10-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Anyone who was paying attention knew this. It is very sad. The overreach by elected officials in the 2020 election was the fraud that occurred.

Were there vote dumps and harvesting? Yes.
Was there manipulation to the electronic voting machines? Yes
Did states illegally change voting laws? Yes

However, as you stated, it was pushed through for the 'greater good' and to keep the country stable. 2020 was the largest, government coordinated election grab in the history of our nation. It is not about Trump. It is about what our government did to over 70 million voters.

The worst part is there will be no day of reckoning for those who were involved and it goes all the way to the top.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You heard a edited phone call.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
LOL...Gimme a break, we all heard him. Gaslight much?
The Washington Compost retracted the article but by all means ignore reality.

What was that ruling? Oh yeah, the case is "moot". Therefore, there is no precedent for the courts to lean on.
The Scotus ruling is the mail in ballots must conform to the states election law to be accepted. Given the last SecState of PA was close to being prosecuted for ignoring the Scotus ruling then, to keep mail in ballots separate, its not surprising the current acting SecState would follow the same illegal actions.

Not sure what you are referring to with the case being a moot point. Please clarify.

I don't see anything in there ordering the invalidation of ballots with missing or incorrect handwritten dates.

If it not filled out completely, as state law and the PA state constitution requires, the ballot is invalid. ONLY the state legislature can make changes to election laws. Not the Judicial branch nor the Executive branch. The legislature.
edit on 20-10-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

That info is in the articles I supplied that some did not bother reading. Apparently some people find their life is easier when they ignore facts and a retraction from the media outlet that started the lie in the first place.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   

violating state election laws is further compounded by the fact they are violating the PA state constitution - specifically Article VII section 14.

If it not filled out completely, as state law and the PA state constitution requires, the ballot is invalid.

Where does it say that? Where does it specify that a ballot will be invalidated if the handwritten date is omitted or incorrect? Where does it say anything at all about completely filling out a ballot let alone a return envelope?

Text of Section 14:
Absentee Voting

(a) The Legislature shall, by general law, provide a manner in which, and the time and place at which, qualified electors who may, on the occurrence of any election, be absent from the State or county of their residence, because their duties, occupation or business require them to be elsewhere or who, on the occurrence of any election, are unable to attend at their proper polling places because of illness or physical disability or who will not attend a polling place because of the observance of a religious holiday or who cannot vote because of Election Day duties, in the case of a county employee, may vote, and for the return and canvass of their votes in the election district in which they respectively reside.

(b) For purposes of this section, "municipality" means a city, borough, incorporated town, township or any similar general purpose unit of government which may be created by the General Assembly.

Not sure what you are referring to with the case being a moot point.

From the OP:

The U.S. Supreme Court has declared as moot, a decision in May by the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that had said mail-in ballots without a required date on the return envelope had to be counted in a 2021 Pennsylvania judge race.

The Washington Compost retracted the article but by all means ignore reality.

I don't care what they printed or retracted; I didn't read it. I heard the conversation for myself. I know what Trump wanted. Now it's in the hands of a Grand Jury.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: yuppa

That info is in the articles I supplied that some did not bother reading. Apparently some people find their life is easier when they ignore facts and a retraction from the media outlet that started the lie in the first place.

True. its also a question they are trying to get Graham to respond to in GA in the deposistion to come.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I don't care what they printed or retracted; I didn't read it. I heard the conversation for myself. I know what Trump wanted. Now it's in the hands of a Grand Jury.

Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   

and this is why you are so uninformed. The Washington Compost issued a retraction on their story and admitted to selectively editing the phone conversation.

When the original source is saying you are wrong and you are still trying to double down on an admitted lie, the problem is you.
edit on 21-10-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Ignorance is bliss.

and dangerous...

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   

and this is why you are so uninformed. The Washington Compost issued a retraction on their story and admitted to selectively editing the phone conversation.

LOL... Uninformed my arse!

From s-horse's mouth! ...LOL

This is exactly the same as what you are accusing the Pennsylvania SOS of.

edit on 21-10-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I like the one where Biden said fire the prosecutor or you do not get any money. Wasn't even a phone call. It was a direct threat and 45 was impeached for less.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Hearsay 😀

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   

yes uninformed.

The fact your still trying to push the BS when its been debunked proves my point so thank you.
edit on 21-10-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   

The fact your still trying to push the BS when its been debunked proves my point so thank you.

In your dreams. Nothing about Trump's "perfect" call has been debunked. LOL

You're the one saying that the Pennsylvania SOS was doing the same thing that Trump is being accused of doing in that phone call.

Further, you have yet to prove that accepting ballots whose return envelopes didn't have a handwritten date is unconstitutional in Pennsylvania.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Yeah just ask the guy who wasn't there for the call roflmao Vindermann !!!!! 😀

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Voting by mail-in or absentee ballot is safe, secure, and easy. (Direct from the PA Secretary of State)

Down the page is the section for "How do I vote and return my mail-in or absentee ballot?".

Step 2
Seal your ballot in the inner secrecy envelope that indicates "official election ballot." Do not make any marks on the inner secrecy envelope.
Your ballot must be enclosed and sealed in the inner secrecy envelope that indicates "official election ballot" or it will not be counted.

Step 3
Seal the inner secrecy envelope in the pre-addressed outer return envelope. Complete the voter’s declaration on the outside of the outer return envelope.
If you do not complete the declaration on the return envelope your ballot will not be counted.

Towards the bottom of the page -
Why are there two envelopes with my mail-in ballot?

The smaller secrecy envelope is intended to protect the anonymity of your vote. After you fill out your ballot, you must place it in the secrecy envelope and seal it.

Do not make any marks on this envelope. If you fail to place and seal your ballot in this envelope or if you make marks on this envelope, your ballot will not be counted.

The second, larger envelope is the mailing and declaration envelope. You must use it, even if you are dropping your ballot off at a drop box. Place your secrecy envelope (with your ballot inside) into the mailing and declaration envelope. You must seal it and sign and date the declaration before you can return your ballot.

Both of these envelopes must be used in order for your vote to count.

KEY word - BOTH

not one envelope, but BOTH. Without either the vote will not count.

The website specifically states that postmarks are not acceptable for date verification for deadlines. Both, the inner envelope, and outer envelope, are official documents which is why signatures and dates are required.

Also, being you dont understand the PA Constitution, Section 14, deals specifically with mail in voting. It spells out the exact criteria where mail ion ballots are allowed.

Sec. 14. Absentee voting.

(a) The Legislature shall, by general law, provide a manner in which … qualified electors who … are unable to attend at their proper polling places because of illness or physical disability … may vote, and for the return and canvass of their votes in the district in which they respectively reside.

To help you out the no excuse needed to vote by mail is unconstitutional. When they tried changing that law, they failed to change the state Constitution to allow it. People can only vote by mail for illness or physical disabilities.

Voters must fill out the 2 forms completely and include the info that is required. If they dont their ballot can not be accepted. Essentially PA made the envelopes as official affidavits.

Affidavits

A written declaration made under oath before a notary public or other authorized officer.A written declaration upon oath; a statement of facts in writing signed by the affiant, and sworn to or confirmed by a declaration before a notary public, a magistrate, or other authorized officer.A sworn statement in writing; a declaration in writing, signed and made upon oath before an authorized magistrate.

The required date and signature is what makes the mail in ballots legal under PA law. The person filling them out is stating they are who they are, that they filled out the ballots AND returned envelopes, and the date requirement shows it made the deadline. They are filling out the forms under possible criminal charges if they are lying (election fraud) and their ballot will not be counted.

* - PA State Constitution
* - PA Secretary of State government website on voting in PA

you up to speed now?

edit on 22-10-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The US Supreme ordered PA to keep mail in ballots received after the deadline separate.

* - Supreme Court Justice Alito Orders Separation of Pennsylvania Mail-In Ballots That Arrived After Election Day

* - PA State Senate GOP: SCOTUS Decision ‘Underscores’ How Democrats Undermined Election

So she acknowledged the Supreme Court order to separate ballots received after election day and said she would comply yet she ignored the order and had them counted.

There were calls for her, Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar’s (D) , to resign, although the Governor also asked for her resignation but used a BS excuse that attempted to separate her wilful flouting of a US Supreme Court order by claiming she didnt do her job correctly in getting info out on upcoming changes to election laws.

Her replacement, Leigh M. Chapman (D), then did the exact same thing that Boockvar did and ignored the latest Supreme Court ruling that mail in ballots that are not completely filled out cant be counted.

* - OCT 15th 2022 - Pennsylvania to Ignore Supreme Court’s Recent Order Regarding Illegal Mail-in Ballots

The Supreme Court tossed out a lower court ruling that had permitted undated mail-in ballots to be counted against the law in Pennsylvania — but the Commonwealth’s secretary of state has other ideas. Immediately after the court’s decision was made public, Pennsylvania’s Acting Secretary of State Leigh M. Chapman released a statement saying the court’s ruling does not affect the decision of the 3rd Circuit “in any way.”

“Today’s order from the U.S. Supreme Court vacating the Third Circuit’s decision on mootness grounds was not based on the merits of the issue and does not affect the prior decision of Commonwealth Court in any way,” Chapman wrote. “It provides no justification for counties to exclude ballots based on a minor omission, and we expect that counties will continue to comply with their obligation to count all legal votes.”

This directive by Chapman will only result in more chaos and confusion for voters, poll workers, and election clerks, plus likely inconsistencies between how different localities handle erroneous ballots. Pennsylvania’s mail-in ballots for this election cycle already contain wording that reads “today’s date required” and clear instructions for voters to “sign and date” their ballots.

Since she worked under the 1st SecState, and is taking a page from her playbook, to ignore scotus, the problem will continue.

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   

You said that counting the ballots of folks who either wrote the wrong date, like their birthday, or wrote the wrong year, or failed to write a date at all was a violation of the Pennsylvania Constitution. Nobody has made that claim but you, like when the 3rd Circuit Court ruled that they could be counted, and you have not proven that claim.

You suggested that the Pennsylvania Secretary of State only counted those 250 ballots to secure a win for Democrats. I noted that that's what Trump was accused of doing when he was begging Georgia's Secretary of State to find some 11,771 votes. You haven't debunked that analogy either.

Still, I can't see how not counting the ballots of folks who erred in their dating documentation on their return envelope will prevent voter fraud at all. But you go ahead and do your happy dance to celebrate how distracted or forgetful voters' ballots will be rejected!

edit on 22-10-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join