It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 3

page: 315
<< 312  313  314    316  317  318 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Yeah yeah fair doos FB perhaps steamrolling was the wrong terminology. OK, let's call it 'edging it forward.'
We need to remember that Ukraine is a massive country. The initial assault by Russia was too successful for the supply chains. Just a massive country that when Russia took much of the land they did it too quickly and the supplies couldn't keep up. western sponsored, trained and supplied 'Ukrainian' military then came into the gaps and spoilt Putin's plans for an easy colonisation.

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

They'll just keep steamrolling westwards......

Steamrolling?
Including Crimea Russia is in control of approximately 18% of Ukraine.
Hardly 'steamrolling' mate, especially considering Crimea alone accounts for just over 7%.

In terms of land occupied its been round about the same for approximately 16-18 months now.

..... and I doubt keeping things intact is a priority here.

Scorched Earth is very much the Russian Standard Operating Procedure when it comes to invasions.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Footage has been released of Ukrainian special operations forces on operation in Kursk region.

The footage taken during the first days of the Ukrainian army's attack on the region’s territory, shows the position of the occupying Russian army in the forest strip being targeted. As a result of the attack, the Russian soldiers in the area were captured

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The major bridge that was taken out lately means about 700 of them have rather a long walk home.

I wonder how many of those will choose to surrender?

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I wonder how many of those will choose to surrender?

Considering they are conscripts I imagine many will choose to surrender rather than die.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 09:04 AM
link   

You are reffering to a single graphic on a command screen, and not any official statement. Nobody has quoted any individual as saying this, it is strictly a reference to a graphic on a command screen from a social media post. I have only seen about six blown up in the videos that often get scrubbed or age restricted real quick. Of course they are all on X and Documenting reality.
The video I posted a couple pages back showed at least two getting smacked. But Some patriots and German Iris were also destroyed recently.

As far as other Himars. Lets start back in March
These were in the video I posted last week.

Clearly not the first loss. I believe the first loss was back in 2023. Same with the Patriot.

a reply to: gortex
yea those clips are all in the video I posted by War Leaks two pages ago as well .
edit on 8-17-2024 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I dont do Twitter worldstarcountry so would not know what's on "X" much really.

Obviously, there are casualties in war.

Take for instance bridges as of late that appear to have been hit by
HIMARS.

Not to mention about 2,600 Russian tanks or thereabouts that have been reduced to scrap metal via numerous other means.
edit on 17-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 09:17 AM
link   

No probs mate, all is good.

But I also disagree about Russia being 'too successful' in the initial stages of their invasion.
They were piss poorly organised and thought they were actually going to 'steamroller' - perhaps 'Blitzkrieg' would be a more accurate description - their way through Ukraine.
They also thought they were going to be greeted with garlands and celebrated as liberators such was the propaganda they had been force fed.
Logistically they were beyond amateurish, completely and totally inept is about the best I could describe them.

Thing is, over two years down the line things haven't really improved.
They're still crap.
Crap leaders, crap officers, crap training, crap tactics, crap equipment. The only thing they seem any good at is propaganda.

Anyway, I'm off to the pub soon to talk cod# to my mates, act as if I was 30 years younger than I am......and pay the price for it tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 09:24 AM
link   
yea war is a bitch, for all sides. Our armor and launchers burn just as easily and frequently as theirs. Russian armor burns just as hot as American, British, French, German, Polish etc.. etc..

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Arbitrageur
And countless HIMARS and Patriot batteries have been disabled/destroyed since they arrived. Why mislead?
I didn't say anything about patriot batteries, but since you bring it up, that's a complicated discussion because patriot is not a single vehicle like a HIMARs launcher, it's a system with multiple components.

Regarding the HIMARS, part of the discrepancy in numbers is that Russians count the wooden decoys they destroy. Russians can count those if they want, but that doesn't change the number of real HIMARS that have been destroyed. Ukraine actually likes it when Russia uses an expensive missile to destroy a wooden decoy, because that's one less missile Russia can use against a real target.

Decoy Warfare: Lessons and Implication from the War in Ukraine

Ukrainian forces placed decoys that cajoled Russian targeting efforts throughout the entire depth of Ukrainian lines in Kherson, Zaporizhzhya, and Donbas. These decoys mimicked valuable assets, including U.S.-supplied M777 howitzers, HIMARS launchers, mortar tubes, D-20 and D-30 Ukrainian artillery tubes, American and German tanks, and air-defense systems. The deception tricked Russian forces into using costly and sophisticated munitions, such as Lancet precision-guided and Krasnopol precision artillery rounds. Further, the extensive deployment of decoys may explain why Russian forces continually claim to have destroyed Western-supplied Ukrainian equipment since the beginning of the war.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Russians are mass surrendering

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Can't blame them. Poor sods.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Indeed.

Choose life, not war.

That would be my thinking on the matter.

Especially so given the fact that the majority of them are all conscripts.

That probably just want to go back home.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 10:12 AM
link   

The question begs then worldstarcountry, why do it?

But until such time as there is a reasonable alternative.

I don't imagine much is going to change anytime soon.

Meaning it's only going to continue if history is anything to go by.

Are we not supposed to learn from that as opposed to repeating it?

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   

yes I have seen a couple of videos of wooden targets being hit. Only a handful. The videos I posted of destroyed Himars are not wooden targets though. Neither are the Patriot batteries themselves or the German Iris. I recall NATO airstrikes on ISIS remote machine guns as well killing all the civilians inside that had no idea Israeli ISIS agents had setup remote machine guns three or four floors up. Made it really easy to murder non-Jewish Semites in the middle east

The Russians use decoys too for the same purpose, and frankly so have many factions in wars since WW2 and probably back to ancient times.
Just another tool in the arsenal.

are you going to show the videos, or just two guys talking about it as usually happens with exaggerated claims? The only surrender we actually saw was that video clip from in the woods posted earlier which was also a clip in the video I posted last week. As far as to why wage war?? Well money of course. The problem is when people like yourselves keep pretending that the 2022 invasion was in a complete vacuum and ignoring the role Europe and America played in overthrowing the government by backing a color revolution that continue to see support for actual NAZIS who memorialize NAZI war criminals.

Ukraine has been a land of corrupt filth, human trafficking hub, a laundromat for dirty money, a den of assassins for hire to kill any civil society dissident. It was joked about occasionally in popular media and was frequently and always on the CIA factbook for years as one of the most corrupt nations on Earth.

I don't care for the Ukrainians just as many don't care for Muslims. They are all white terrorists to me, just like most Muslims are just brown terrorists as proudly proclaimed by so many people on this board quite often.
edit on 8-17-2024 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 10:34 AM
link   

are you going to show the videos, or just two guys talking about it as usually happens with exaggerated claims?

I won't present you video evidence until I'm more sure as to its veracity.

Do you have an issue with people discussing the conflict because it's kind of what we are also doing.

And cheers for diatribe and rant about what you dont care for.

I would point out that around 10%+ of the Russian forces happen to be Muslim, and that Islam is the second-largest religion in Russia, so there is that.

edit on 17-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   

yes I have seen a couple of videos of wooden targets being hit. Only a handful. The videos I posted of destroyed Himars are not wooden targets though.
I didn't see any more than 2 HIMARS destroyed in your videos. I saw video of more HIMARS driving down the road with talk about how more were destroyed but the video doesn't show that.

The video shows a shrapnel-damaged HIMARS being loaded on a plane to go to the US for repairs, and that's likely not the only HIMARS with shrapnel damage, I don't know the count of damaged and repaired HIMARS. The count of two only applied to completely destroyed HIMARS which can't be repaired.

yea war is a bitch, for all sides. Our armor and launchers burn just as easily and frequently as theirs.
Oryx was showing a big difference in the frequency of destruction, not surprising since the offense often has 3 times the losses of defense, and Russia has been mostly on offense and Ukraine has been mostly on defense, so even if you just apply that rule of thumb and don't believe any reported statistics, Russia is going to have more losses than Ukraine in total, just because they are on the offensive more than Ukraine. In Kursk specifically, a lot of conscripts are just surrendering instead of fighting, so this is favorable to the loss ratio in Ukraine's offensive, though they still have plenty of losses.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   
hey man, its all good. Ukraine made a nice surprise attack, and the media will hype it up and exaggerate the same exact gains for three weeks in short video clips pretending the archive footage represents new gains as they always do. What is amusing, is how quickly this will fade into the background, like every other endeavor when the other shoe drops. And then the thread will go slow... again ... until the next PR victory if any are left available after this hail mary gambit ... like always...

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Thing is, over two years down the line things haven't really improved.
They're still crap.
Crap leaders, crap officers, crap training, crap tactics, crap equipment. The only thing they seem any good at is propaganda.

Anyway, I'm off to the pub soon to talk cod# to my mates, act as if I was 30 years younger than I am......and pay the price for it tomorrow.

Looking at it from Putin's point of view at a glass half full, he's taken a land area in Europe the size of our own country which was the heart of industry, in the jewel in the crown of what was the USSR. Anyway have fun and lots of beer

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It doesn't look much like a jewel anymore:

Drone footage shows Bakhmut in ruins

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Scorched earth.

Putins "victories" will taste like ashes in his mouth.

top topics

<< 312  313  314    316  317  318 >>

join