It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 3

page: 307
<< 304  305  306    308  309  310 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If I were a Russian living nearby to a bomber base, like, maybe, Saratov, I might be feeling, nervous?

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
If I were a Russian living nearby to a bomber base, like, maybe, Saratov, I might be feeling, nervous?

Or, squirm your way around, like, when you brought up your boy Stepan Bandera yesterday?

Making posts in a row, maybe, taking the media sheep bait about another Belgorod situation? That’s going to, maybe, result in another buffer zone now in Sumy, like in Vovchansk and holding?

Going around calling people out (like RT) to come to other threads, wanting their opinions, and now, you’re feeling deflective?

When you had “in your face” facts about the Nazi SS loser you brought up yesterday, and still, like, maybe, wanna dance around it?

Again, taking Belgorod as an example, there’s a good chance this incursion will peter out resulting in another buffer zone in Sumy like the one currently by Vovchansk.

Which is still holding btw. Where’s UA’s “freedom of legionnaires” incursion in Belgorod not long ago resulted in a negative roll back.

edit on 9-8-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

Sorry, I really can't be bothered to respond to your baiting. And I couldn't give a monkey's about your obsession with Bandera.

I mean, banging on about Bandera is hardly an 'update" on the current position, which is what this thread is about?

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Sorry, I really can't be bothered to respond to your baiting. And I couldn't give a monkey's about your obsession with Bandera.

I mean, banging on about Bandera is hardly an 'update" on the current position, which is what this thread is about?

This thread is about the Russian/Ukraine situation.

Having streets renamed to some Nazi SS loser over the past decade (which you brought up yesterday) is on topic. And one of the reasons/causes/debate this thread is around.

So why are you backing tracks now?

The thread isn’t reserved just for one skirmish. Or else the title of this thread would be called “Kursk skirmish unfolding”

Nice try.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I refer the Honourable member to my previous reply.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   
More updates on the current situation in Kursk here (if m'little friend doesn't mind me posting it):

BBC News - Russia struggles to repel deep Kursk incursion by Ukraine - BBC News
www.bbc.co.uk...

"In a statement on Tuesday, the Russian defence ministry said its forces were repelling "an attempt by the Ukrainian armed forces to invade the territory of the Russian Federation".

It said Russia was using aviation and artillery, managing to suppress "raid attempts by enemy units".

But a video checked by BBC Verify shows a different picture, with a 15-vehicle Russian convoy damaged, burned and abandoned on a road through the town of Oktyabr'skoe, roughly 38km (24 miles) from the border on the Russian side.

The early morning footage also shows Russian soldiers, some injured, possibly dead among the vehicles.

A "federal state of emergency" has been declared in the Kursk region - a move that underlines how grave the current situation is."
edit on 9-8-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain

a reply to: YourFaceAgain

I think they should go after Russia's pipeline infrastructure and maybe other infrastructure too.

Such targets, even though they are civilian infrastructure, are legitimate military targets.

Funny how no one remembers that in the Gaza war. Civilian targets aren't automatically off limits and aren't automatically war crimes. It depends on a lot of factors.

True, but doesn't it stand to reason that cutting off Putin's profits is the smart way to go.

I did say they're legitimate targets.

If only the West was on board with hitting Putin where it hurts.

I think they are by giving Ukraine F16s, am I right?

We're still scolding Ukraine not to launch attacks into Russia with equipment we provide them. And every analysis I've seen is that this number of 16s will help Ukraine with air superiority and close air support, but isn't gonna significantly change the balance of power.

They are no threat to Putin's hold on power, no.

Well I was listening to an independent guy in his car (over there) giving his two cents about all of this and he thinks the dozens more F-16s coming down the pipeline coupled with their excellent drone army can inflict great damage. Who knows until they try, right?

Also there’s further development and chatter that Tom Cruise will be heading the squadron for Top Gun 3: Cruise to Kursk.

Your reply/retort:

Apparently, Cruise is too busy filming "Stepan Bandera: Hero of Ukraine"?

So yesterday you bring up Bandera.

And now you can’t be bothered by “baiting” after being presented with stone cold facts back lol

Google/Apple maps showing the all the renamed streets and monuments around honoring a Nazi SS currently in Ukraine.

Isn’t some “Russian propaganda” Carpy lol

Neither is “Bandera 100 year anniversary” postage stamps on honoring the Nazi SS as a national hero just some “Russian propaganda”

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I was joking, FFS?

Give it up and stop bothering me with your obsession.

I seem to be living rent free in your head, which is a place I'd steer well clear of

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Making posts in a row, maybe, taking the media sheep bait about another Belgorod situation? That’s going to, maybe, result in another buffer zone now in Sumy, like in Vovchansk and holding?

This is nothing like Belgorod. This looks like a carefully planned military offensive. And one done with the approval and help of the US and NATO. Surely, the Ukrainians knew beforehand that the area near Kursk is poorly protected so who provided them with the intelligence? Then they bombed the airbases nearby before and during the attack considerably weakening the Russian air defense system.

As you could suspect the situation is widely commented on in Poland by various military experts and the consensus is that it's not a spontaneous and short lived military raid but the Ukrainians plan to hold the seized terrains.

Now whether they manage to achieve what they planned is another cup of tea. Nobody knows that and time wil tell how this will pan out. They don't have all that much to lose anyway.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

Indeed. No one knows how this will plan out. But I'd bet Putin is not a happy bunny.

Where is the Russian air force?

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: twistedpuppy

This is nothing like Belgorod. This looks like a carefully planned military offensive. And one done with the approval and help of the US and NATO. Surely, the Ukrainians knew beforehand that the area near Kursk is poorly protected so who provided them with the intelligence? Then they bombed the airbases nearby before and during the attack considerably weakening the Russian air defense system.

As you could suspect the situation is widely commented on in Poland by various military experts and the consensus is that it's not a spontaneous and short lived military raid but the Ukrainians plan to hold the seized terrains.

Now whether they manage to achieve what they planned is another cup of tea. Nobody knows that and time wil tell how this will pan out. They don't have all that much to lose anyway.

Agreed for the most part.

And again I gave credit to UA for opsec here this time around. Unlike last years summer offensive and belgorod with hyped up “tik tok” 4K offensive announcement trailers etc. And failed.

IMO, one way it seems like a sign of incompetence on border security. And it could be. Not to insert similar security drops like the attempted assassination on Trump recently with its security not overlooking all roof points etc. Anyway, after Belgorod you’d think they’d spot a mass infantry grouping/possible incursion.

A teenager could be chilling around with a drone near by and have a chance spotting this a mile(s) away.

We don’t know full details. Perhaps, the large border area is difficult to constantly have a rolling defense around. And some of the counter measures were there to be rectified with advanced buffer zones in Sumy etc later. Like by Vovchansk after Belgorod etc.

However, what you can bet on is that some of the best UA forces are there. Will they stay in the area and risk getting annihilated? Perhaps rotation out with conscripts. However there is a concentration of its best forces there.

We will see if UA will be able to hold. IMO, it’s not likely.

Because if there’s a time for your average Russian citizen to be really pissed off and looking to pummel Zelensky forces etc these are probably one of those times. Especially after Belgorod not long ago.

At any event, can’t see how this will favor Zelensky coming up. The east is collapsing with at least 5 strategic points falling as we speak.

It’s not like Zelensky has more troops to gather here vs Russia.

And we can bet Russia is going to respond to this with some devastating responses coming up. Perhaps blowing out parts of Ukraine’s power infrastructure and turbines that will really send parts of Ukraine back to the Stone Age compared to what we’ve seen in the past. With fall/winter coming up.

Along with further collapse and outbreaks in the east.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Uks have supposedly cut the two main rail lines in the area forcing Russia to reroute trains around the blockage

Uks may try for the Kursk nuclear power plant - not so to capture the plant, but destroy the sub stations and transmission lines which distribute the power

Since 70 % pf Russian railroads are electric power ant disruption will have wide ranging effects

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Because if there’s a time for your average Russian citizen to be really pissed off and looking to pummel Zelensky forces etc these are probably one of those times. Especially after Belgorod not long ago.

Not so sure of that. After the spectacular destruction of the Russian column, the Russian bloggers were furious but it wasn't Zelensky that they blamed. Announcing even partial mobilization would still be risky for Putin. I doubt he will be willing to deal with social protests again.

And we can bet Russia is going to respond to this with some devastating responses coming up. Perhaps blowing out parts of Ukraine’s power infrastructure and turbines that will really send parts of Ukraine back to the Stone Age. With fall/winter coming up.

And isn't this what Russia has been doing all this time anyway? As I said, I don't know how this will end and even what the point is but I just don't see what could happen to Ukraine that is worse than what this country is experiencing now. Maybe with the exception of nuking the s**t out of it, which would put Putin's last remaining butt kissers in the West in a really awkward position.

With the situation in Donbas getting increasingly difficult for Ukraine and the hope of regaining the lost land gone, Kursk offensive might weaken Russia, which will have to take some of its forces out of the current frontlines. If Ukraine manages to hold the terrain, its position in potential peace talks will be stronger. Ukraine is going for broke here but it's not that it has some real estate to lose.

edit on 9-8-2024 by twistedpuppy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I've thought for a while the Russians have not improved at maneuver warfare. All of their gains over the last year have been due to World War One - style warfare that were possible because of Ukrainian manpower and materiel shortages. By forcing them to maneuver, the Ukrainians are denying the Russians their artillery firepower and trench lines advantages.

This may in part explain the torn-up Russian column.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 12:35 AM
link   
8 August Update

Ukrainian cross-border mechanized offensive operations into Kursk Oblast that began on August 6 are continuing as part of a Ukrainian operational effort within Russian territory.

Geolocated footage and Russian claims indicate that Ukrainian forces continued rapid advances further into Kursk Oblast on August 8, and Ukrainian forces are reportedly present in areas as far as 35 kilometers from the international border with Sumy Oblast.

The Kremlin will almost certainly endeavor to retake Russian territory in Kursk Oblast that Ukrainian forces have seized and stop Ukrainian activity further into Russia, as substantial Ukrainian advances within Russia would be a strategic blow to Russian President Vladimir Putin's decades-long effort to cement a legacy of Russian stability, security, and geopolitical resurgence.

The lack of a coherent Russian response to the Ukrainian incursion into Kursk Oblast and the reported rate of Ukrainian advance indicates that Ukrainian forces were able to achieve operational surprise along the border with Russia. Both Russian and Ukrainian forces have struggled to achieve operational surprise in the past year and a half of fighting due to the partially transparent battlefield in Ukraine. Ukraine's ability to achieve operational surprise highlights that the widespread visual and sensor-based transparency that both sides have established does not translate into a fully transparent battlefield, however, and that the belligerents in Ukraine can leverage ambiguity around operational intent to achieve operational surprise.

9 August Update

The Ukrainian Support Forces Command reported on August 9 that Russian forces in Ukraine are increasing their use of chemical attacks and are largely using K-51 and RG-VO hand gas grenades with riot control agents (RCAS) that are prohibited by the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC). Ukrainian officials reported that Russian forces used chemical agents and possibly weapons 358 times in July 2024 and 3570 times from February 15, 2023, to July 24, 2024.

Ukrainian forces reportedly struck a Russian military convoy east of Rylsk near Oktyabrskoye, Kursk Oblast.

The Russian military command appears to be relying on existing units deployed to the international border area and readily available forces in the rear, most of which are units staffed with conscripts and irregular forces, to address the ongoing Ukrainian incursion into Kursk Oblast.

Ukrainian forces conducted strikes against a Russian military airfield in Lipetsk Oblast and other Russian military targets in occupied Crimea and Donetsk Oblast on August 9.

Russian forces recently made confirmed advances near Chasiv Yar, Toretsk, and Pokrovsk.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Havent paid a great deal of attention to the trench warfare.

But to gather this force and launch their attack in this day and age is a catastrophic failure by the russian intelligence agencies.

Considering the pace that this war has been moving at, I am curious about the shake up in Ukranian leadership that must have occured.

Good opsec, rapid movement, good logistics.

I am honestly curious at who is really directing this.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Havent paid a great deal of attention to the trench warfare.

But to gather this force and launch their attack in this day and age is a catastrophic failure by the russian intelligence agencies.

Considering the pace that this war has been moving at, I am curious about the shake up in Ukranian leadership that must have occured.

Good opsec, rapid movement, good logistics.

I am honestly curious at who is really directing this.

While over looking at least 5 UA strategic points in the east currently falling .

Like by Toretsk, and long held “niu York” that just fell etc.

And others like the catastrophic collapse heading towards Pokorsk etc.

But eyes on on the “Kursk” incursion now.

Because that’s where the media wants your eyes on.

edit on 10-8-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 02:43 AM
link   

You can't deny Putin's got a bit of a bloody nose and bruised ego at the moment.

Who knows how succesful long term this will prove to be....but its certainly added a new dimension to the equation.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

You can't deny Putin's got a bit of a bloody nose and bruised ego at the moment.

Who knows how succesful long term this will prove to be....but its certainly added a new dimension to the equation.

Yeah. If you’re UA and coping.

Considering the east is collapsing on at least 5 key strategic points as mentioned.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 04:12 AM
link   

While over looking at least 5 UA strategic points in the east currently falling .

Like by Toretsk, and long held “niu York” that just fell etc.

You're repeating yourself.

You would have a point if we were talking about a standard boxing match.

But this is the game we are discussing:

No matter how it ends, Putin already looks like a laughing stock. It's as if a boxing champion had his *** kicked by a toddler.

C'mon, cheer up. This is the biggest news since 1943. The news of the century:

Poor little Ukraine has invaded Russia!!!

Hahahahaha!!!

Now China might start thinking about three-day blitzkrieg towards Moscow.
edit on 10-8-2024 by twistedpuppy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 304  305  306    308  309  310 >>

join