It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 3

page: 302
<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

So, no explanation as to what Hungary or Poland are 'worried about' as you allege.
No real explanation as to why you think Biden is the aggressor and Putin isn't as you seem to constantly imply?

With the history of war in that part of the world and you are not worried? As the war drums continue on Putin man bad all I see is a lot more hurt on the way. As for how inflamed this infection gets before reason comes back to the discussion? Conflict resolution starts with looking at both sides of the conflict. Something that is not being being done as people like Lindsey Graham wants those Ukrainian resources.

Lets say Russia used a $1 Billion dollar bribe to stop an investigation where Russia was expanding into the American energy industry? Would you be cool with that? Ohh, but it is ok when America does it in Ukraine and alters the political balance there?

All I want to see is an end to this conflict. With the powers behind it, the longer it drags on the greater the chance it does get out of control.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Yet your TDS is as acute as an American lib.
Interesting how it has anything to do with the facts in Ukraine.

Hardly TDS.
The discussion had gone around to Trump and how he believes he could have stopped the war in an instant....and still could do.
I'm equally critical of Biden - which you seem not to notice - no accusation of the BDS that blatantly afflicts many on here though? (Not necessarily you).

Trump is known for exaggerating many many things, let’s keep it real.

Especially regarding matters relating to himself, not a good attribute for anyone let alone POTUS.

.....but the point still stands that Trump can end it.

Yet again, how?

I’m rooting for England.

Good man.
Yet again we made it hard for ourselves....but they got through and as they say; got to be in it to win it.
Sunday will be hard.....let's see.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

And still no explanation, just a lot of verbiage and no actual attempt to explain why you believe Hungary and Poland are worried or what they are worried about.

Me, life experiences have taught me not to worry about things I have no influence or control over.
The things I can influence or control are met head on; no appeasement, no cowering away and no burying my head in the sand waiting to get shafted up the rear.

Oh, and I'm not American.

All I want to see is an end to this conflict.

But it seems your solution to 'end this conflict' is in fact total capitulation to Putin's demands by Ukraine - Appeasement.
Appeasement will only embolden Putin and delay the inevitable next act of aggression - this has been shown to be true time and time again throughout history.....yet so many people would have us repeat this failed policy.

And no-one has successfully explained why we should expect Ukraine to want to cave in and give up its land.
Would you if a foreign nation invaded your land with no legal or moral justification?
I know I sure as hell wouldn't.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 04:14 AM
link   

The discussion had gone around to Trump and how he believes he could have stopped the war in an instant....and still could do.

He put a quick end to ISIS. Tried pulling out of Afghanistan, took the slow approach over the Biden blunder there. Make some peace with North Korea. As one president that took a war on war approach, done better than others. If anyone has a chance, don't see any better contenders at this time.

Otherwise, keep rallying for that 1984 hate week until someone geos too far and we all get turned into glass.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 04:25 AM
link   

And still no explanation, just a lot of verbiage and no actual attempt to explain why you believe Hungary and Poland are worried or what they are worried about.

Would you if a foreign nation invaded your land with no legal or moral justification?
I know I sure as hell wouldn't.

That anger that stirs in you stirs in all around this mess. Closer to the hot zone, the worst it gets. The longer it goes on, the more this rage spreads.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 04:34 AM
link   
10 July Update

Russian forces recently advanced in Vovchansk, near Kreminna, and near Toretsk.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 04:39 AM
link   
The missile that hit the Children's Hospital has been identified as a Russian Kh-101 which are fired from aircraft and generally used as anti air defence missiles.
I

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Poland must prepare army for full-scale conflict, army chief says

WARSAW (Reuters) - Poland needs to prepare its soldiers for all-out conflict, its armed forces chief of staff said on Wednesday, as the country boosts the number of troops on its border with Russia and Belarus.

Poland's relations with Russia and its ally Belarus have deteriorated sharply since Moscow sent tens of thousands of troops into neighbouring Ukraine on Feb. 24, 2022, starting a war that is still being fought.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 08:12 AM
link   

life experiences have taught me not to worry about things I have no influence or control over.

I get it, rips one apart, like stuck in a bog spinning the wheels. Stressing out going nowhere.

We do have a place that the world can get together and talk about these things in a candid manner. We are all trying to work it out. Keep punchin.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

Rapidly approaching 60 years old and still have that burning rage and anger at the world and its injustices that I had in my teens, just tempered by life experiences and resulting cynicism.

I think we more or less want the same things in the world just differ slightly in how we feel we can get there.

All is good.

At least we still have beer.....and England on Sunday!

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 04:02 AM
link   
11 July Update

Finnish authorities reported an increase in GPS "malfunctions" in the past week and that most disruptions to aviation and maritime GPS and radar originate from within Russia.

Ukrainian forces advanced north of Kharkiv City; and Russian forces recently advanced south of Siversk, northwest of Avdiivka, and west of Donetsk City.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 05:13 AM
link   
12 July Update

The US Department of Defense (DoD) announced on July 11 a military aid package for Ukraine worth $225 million.

Russian forces recently made confirmed advances near Avdiivka and in the Donetsk-Zaporizhia Oblast border area.

Russian infantry units are reportedly assaulting Ukrainian trench positions in single-file columns due to pervasive Ukrainian minefields and poor assault training.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 07:36 AM
link   
A Russian pilot shocked by the bombing of the children's hospital in Kyiv has handed over documents relating to his military unit’s activities to Ukrainian authorities , the pilot is from the 22nd Heavy Bomber Aviation Division based at the Engels Airfield in Russia’s Saratov Oblast.

Ukrainian media outlets and organizations, including The Kyiv Independent, Ukrainska Pravda and Apostrophe, have declared that secret data has been gathered from anonymous Ukrainian sources regarding the Russian forces’ attack on Kyiv’s children’s hospital Okhmatdyt on July 8, 2024.

Following the strike, a Russian pilot from the 22nd Heavy Bomber Aviation Division contacted Ukrainian military intelligence chatbot (Diia) on Telegram, to hand over documents relating to his military unit’s activities, plus photos of command staff.

The Ukrainska Pravda report claims that the documents include the personal files of Russian officials and private data of 30 military personnel and their families. The photographs show division representatives such as the Russian Air Force Long Range Aviation Command and the Russian Aerospace Forces Command.

According to sources who have communicated with ‘Information Resistance’, a non-governmental Ukrainian group that aims to counteract Russian disinformation and propaganda, the Russian officer wrote that he was shocked by the attack on the children’s hospital and, like some of his colleagues, did not understand why they were ordered to do so. As a result, he decided to hand the secret information to the Ukrainian side.
www.aerotime.aero...

edit on 13-7-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   
In surprise news Belarus has announced the complete withdrawal of all Belarussian forces from the Ukrainian border plus Ukrainian drones have destroyed the last working Russian oil facility along the Don River.

"By decision of the head of state, the law enforcement agencies of Belarus, namely the Defense Ministry, the State Border Committee, the State Security Committee, took appropriate response measures. Our concerns have been communicated repeatedly through various channels. On the eve of our big day [Independence Day], during the period of solemn events, the head of state addressed the Ukrainian side. The measures taken were commensurate with the current situation. In general, the task set by the head of state to prevent escalation, to act adequately and to demonstrate our peace-loving position… This all had an effect. The Ukrainian side showed restraint. On 3-4 July our foreign intelligence confirmed the withdrawal of Ukrainian units from the areas bordering the Republic of Belarus. They left for the places of permanent deployment," Ivan Tertel said.
eng.belta.by...

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 03:23 AM
link   
13 July Update

Ukraine's Security Service (SBU) reportedly conducted successful drone strikes against an oil depot near Tsimlyansk, Rostov Oblast on the morning of July 13. Ukrainian outlet Suspilne reported that its sources stated that SBU drones struck the oil depot, which stored various grades of gas and diesel fuel.

Ukrainian forces recently regained lost positions near Kupyansk and Svatove, and Russian forces recently advanced near Kreminna, Toretsk and Avdiivka and in the Donetsk-Zaporizhia Oblast border area.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 03:49 AM
link   
14 July Update

Ukraine signed a series of security agreements and received several aid packages amid and following the July 9-11 NATO summit. NATO member states issued a declaration on July 10 announcing a Pledge of Long-Term Security Assistance for Ukraine of at least 40 billion euros (about $43 billion) within the next year that will purchase military equipment for Ukraine; fund the maintenance, logistics, and transportation of military equipment; fund military training for Ukrainian forces; invest in Ukraine' defense industrial base (DIB); and supply non-lethal aid to Ukraine.

Ukrainian forces recently regained lost positions near Vovchansk, and Russian forces recently advanced near Avdiivka.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 03:38 AM
link   
16 July Update

Satellite imagery collected on May 6 indicates that Russian forces have concentrated at least seven Pantsir-1 medium-range air defense systems around Russian President Vladimir Putin's residence in Valdai, Leningrad Oblast. Ruslan Pukhov, the head of the Moscow-based Center for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies and a member of a Russian Ministry of Defense (MoD) civilian advisory board, stated on July 16 that such "focal" air defense coverage (static coverage of a singular target) is meaningless at scale because it allows Ukrainian drones to bypass Russian air defense coverage and strike from uncovered directions.

The Russian 235th Garrison Military Court released former 58th Combined Arms Army (CAA) Major General Ivan Popov from pre-detention on July 15 and placed him under house arrest until October 11.

Russian forces recently advanced northwest of Avdiivka.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 04:55 AM
link   
17 July Update

Ukrainian forces regained positions south of Toretsk, and Russian forces recently advanced north of Kharkiv City and near Kupyansk, Svatove, Avdiivka, and Vuhledar.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 05:52 AM
link   
18 July Update

Ukrainian forces reportedly struck a Russian coast guard base in occupied Crimea on the night of July 17 to 18. Ukrainian outlet Suspilne reported on July 18 that sources in Ukrainian law enforcement stated that Ukraine's Security Service (SBU) conducted a naval and aerial drone strike during a Russian military exercise at a Russian coast guard base near occupied Lake Donuzlav, Crimea on the night of July 17 to 18 and damaged and disabled a headquarters with a control point, a warehouse with ammunition and equipment, an electric substation, technical facilities, and Russian firing positions.

Russian forces recently marginally advanced along the Kupyansk-Svatove-Kreminna line and near Kharkiv City, Toretsk, Avdiivka, and Hulyaipole.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 06:13 AM
link   
19 July Update

United Kingdom (UK) Defense Secretary John Healey stated on July 19 that Ukraine can use UK-provided weapons to strike military targets in Russia, despite previous reports that the UK had not permitted Ukraine to use UK-supplied Storm Shadow missiles to strike military targets within Russia.

Russian forces recently advanced near Siversk, Toretsk, and Avdiivka.

More at URL above.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join