It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
a reply to: quintessentone
Again, I find myself in partial agreement with you.

their careers matter more to them than anything else.

This includes the Hippocratic Oath.

It may or it may not. In these days and times isn't it obvious that most people go into the medical professions for the big money and/or prestige?

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

You speak for most of the world?

The world's collectors of statistics speak for the world.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Actually it’s a compliment, Annee is a proud member of the libtard woke crew. She supports Antifa, Ukraine, Covid Mandates, Trans Agenda, Equality of Outcome and ……… I was going to say BLM and CRT but that’s a conflict of interest too far.

Wonder what the next social justice crusade this “independent thinker” will jump on.

I prefer to hear from Annee herself, not your perverted version of her.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Actually it’s a compliment, Annee is a proud member of the libtard woke crew. She supports Antifa, Ukraine, Covid Mandates, Trans Agenda, Equality of Outcome and ……… I was going to say BLM and CRT but that’s a conflict of interest too far.

Wonder what the next social justice crusade this “independent thinker” will jump on.

Always love it when an opposition tells me who I am.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   

No, they speak to the people pliable and indoctrinated enough to believe them.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   

No, they speak to the people pliable and indoctrinated enough to believe them.

Pot/kettle - religious leanings?

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Always love it when an opposition tells me who I am.

That's because women always need to be defined by men /sarc off

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
More on why overturning Roe. v Wade is unjust and unethical.

As already outlined, those who are more likely to seek an abortion are more likely to be socially disadvantaged, and therefore less able to access abortion with the new laws. There is therefore potential for great harms to be caused in terms of limiting their access to broader opportunities, further widening health and social inequalities, and exacerbating deprivation. It is morally unjust for there to be such wide disparity in access to abortion services in different states, because doing so not only violates the principles of justice and fair access, but also contributes to wider social inequality and limitation of opportunity.

Irrespective of one’s own viewpoint on the moral acceptability of abortion, it is undeniable that the new laws have significant implications in terms of equity of access, and threatens the moral principle of justice - a principle which is integral to a functioning society. The new law will continue to exacerbate health inequalities and harm those who are already some of the most vulnerable in society, and it is this which should be keeping us awake at night.

www.nuffieldbioethics.org...

And any alternatives to abortion programs already existing in your country do not seem to include childcare so the woman can attend university (which is a must today).

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

OK...
Let's look at this a little closer:

And with pro-lifers and religion-guided politics the abortions will not be reduced until services and programs are provided to assist some women who would otherwise not abort if given childcare and a way to succeed and be a mother. What about child poverty?

What about science and science based politics about abortion?
Not Pseudoscience , actual science?
What about thinking before you act?
What about realizing that choices have consequences?
Is a man and/or woman's orgasm really worth another human beings life, in your honest opinion? Really?
Is that few minutes of pleasure really worth someone else's life time of experiences?
Sookie thinks so, Anne may. What about you?

If you are not ready to become a parent, you should decide that BEFORE killing another human being for convenience.
Yes, the majority of abortions (the premeditated, violent killing of another human being) are done out of convenience (birth control) or the thought of a child being an inconvenience.

I grew up dirt poor.
I was scheduled for a DNC.
I have never regretted being born.
I am very glad I was given the chance to live.

Anne says she grew up in poverty, evidently she is happy she wasn't aborted or else she would have committed suicide at some point.

You keep making the same informal fallacy. It is called a Faulty Generalization.

A faulty generalization is an informal fallacy wherein a conclusion is drawn about all or many instances of a phenomenon on the basis of one or a few instances of that phenomenon.

Even if you could prove that abortions were mainly due to "poverty" and not as a form of convenient birth control, how many of these children, if asked, would say they would rather be dead?
How many would say they never wanted the chance to live?
Who are you, and the rest of the Pro-Death Squad, to say who lives and who dies.

The human life cycle begins at conception.
We continually develop from that point until adulthood.
Abortion kills a human being.
The majority of abortions are done for convenience.
These are simple facts.

edit on 6-12-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

Who are you, and the rest of the Pro-Death Squad, to say who lives and who dies.

Yet pro-lifers get to force a woman to carry to term no matter the harm it does to her health? Only pro-lifers get to decide who lives and who dies (perhaps the woman or both)?

Did you see on the news, a young couple got joyously pregnant, but complications arose where the amniotic fluid was totally lost and the fetus could not survive, but the medical people said no abortion, let's wait, while she developed sepsis and nearly died. Long story short, they finally aborted the fetus because they had no choice but to save her life and now she is unable to get pregnant. She and her husband call that NOT pro-life.

More horror stories will follow.

edit on q000000561231America/Chicago5959America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Yet pro-lifers get to force a woman to carry to term no matter the harm it does to her health? Only pro-lifers get to decide who lives and who dies (perhaps the woman or both)?

Who forced them to get pregnant? Again, is that few minutes of pleasure really worth someone else's life time of experiences?

Did you see on the news, a young couple got joyously pregnant, but complications arose where the amniotic fluid was totally lost and the fetus could not survive, but the medical people said no abortion, let's wait, while she developed sepsis and nearly died. Long story short, they finally aborted the fetus because they had no choice but to save her life and now she is unable to get pregnant. She and her husband call that NOT pro-life.

More horror stories will follow.

I do not watch the news and I have a very hard time believing the 100% validity of what you saw.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I’m agnostic.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I’m agnostic.

Agnostic is a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

It is still considered a belief, perhaps more like a confused belief.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The women that will be directly affected are minority disadvantaged women, so will this drive some of them to get abortions in a dangerous way?

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Silly me, I should be a rigid believer in doctrine and claim to know for certain the nature of creation.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Silly me, I should be a rigid believer in doctrine and claim to know for certain the nature of creation.

You are a rigid non-believer in many areas.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Most abortions are minorities and most minorities vote Democrat.

By stopping abortions, the right is starting to nail their own coffin down the road by forcing the growth of the opposition's voter base.

They don't seem to understand that.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thrumbo
Most abortions are minorities and most minorities vote Democrat.

By stopping abortions, the right is starting to nail their own coffin down the road by forcing the growth of the opposition's voter base.

They don't seem to understand that.

So, we should kill all those we disagree with?
That sounds like a novel idea, we have NEVER seen that throughout history /sarc.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   

The women that will be directly affected are minority disadvantaged women, so will this drive some of them to get abortions in a dangerous way?

Whataboutisms.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

I care about babies, not votes.

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join