It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

My great grandparents supported 13 children in a 2 bed house with one working parent. They all lived to adulthood and had children of their own. Poverty is no excuse for abortion.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Worldwide abortion rate is around 40 per 1000 women. In Italy it’s 6 per 1000 women.

0.6% of women in Italy aged between 19 and 49 have an abortion.

Don’t let facts get in the way of your BS.

The vast majority of women never have an abortion, only a tiny percentage. Even less think it’s somehow a morally virtuous act.

You are using recent stats which are low, past stats paint a much different picture.

www.johnstonsarchive.net...

Recent stats would be low because the Church runs the Medical Universities and since Roe v. Wade was overturned there is now a stigma and the doctors refuse to perform abortions because, they say, it will hurt their careers.

Don't twist the facts.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I stated the facts, they just don’t fit your narrative.

Roe vs Wade has nothing to do with Italy.

Rates in Italy are consistently lower than the worldwide average. You brought it up, I’m refuting your claims with facts.
edit on 5/12/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   

My great grandparents supported 13 children in a 2 bed house with one working parent. They all lived to adulthood and had children of their own. Poverty is no excuse for abortion.

Poverty is an excuse for some people, especially if they are already suffering with mental illness, addiction, etc. Poverty can cause malnutrition because cheaper food will be sought, all seeming to be carbohydrates (unhealthy, fat, lacking nutrition), and an unhealthy diet leads to children's physical developmental issues.

For decades, we’ve known that poverty affects children’s health and academic success. Poor children usually experience more stress and hardship — such as poor nutrition or witnessing violence — than their wealthier peers, and they have fewer tools to address these problems. On average, poor children also experience more developmental delays, emotional problems, and lower academic achievement.

But, up until a few years ago, the missing piece in all of this was the brain. A growing body of research now shows that poverty changes the way children’s brains develop, shrinking parts of the brain essential for memory, planning, and decision-making. Scientists are also tapping into the brain’s capacity for change, uncovering ways to reduce these effects.

www.brainfacts.org...#:~:text=A%20growing %20body%20of%20research,ways%20to%20reduce%20these%20effects.

Inconvenient truths.

The main point is you cannot compare a bygone era's way of measuring poverty to how it should be measured now, now is not then. We know more about poverty and it's negative effects now, back then they did not.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I stated the facts, they just don’t fit your narrative.

Roe vs Wade has nothing to do with Italy.

Rates in Italy are consistently lower than the worldwide average. You brought it up, I’m refuting your claims with facts.

And I explained why the rates are NOW lower and you can refute the facts all you like, because you can't get past your confirmation bias. My only narrative is that women and children are left out in the cold and nobody cares. It's disgusting.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Any old excuse to justify the killing of babies.

Poverty was the same then as it is now. Just people these days are more entitled, selfish and soft.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   

No, you blamed Roe vs Wade on the decrease in abortions in Italy. A country unaffected by the ruling. You’re clutching at straws.

Enough of the crazy, enjoy the thread.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Any old excuse to justify the killing of babies.

Poverty was the same then as it is now. Just people these days are more entitled, selfish and soft.

It's better understood now, and education is a necessity these days, so, yeah, take all that away from women who want and need an education to be able to succeed in life as well as feed any children that happen to come along.
edit on q000000561231America/Chicago5252America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   

No, you blamed Roe vs Wade on the decrease in abortions in Italy. A country unaffected by the ruling. You’re clutching at straws.

Enough of the crazy, enjoy the thread.

That's what I read in an article - because NOW, recently there developed a stigma there and all the gynecologists are afraid of ruining their careers if they perform an abortion - because the medical schools are run by the church. Make sense now?

And I'm not calling to kill babies, I'm calling to reduce abortions by giving women life success through services and programs.
edit on q000000011231America/Chicago2727America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Quadrivium
a reply to: Annee

AGAIN -- you want absolute 100% agreement with whatever view you put forward.

Actually, no.
I would just like someone to debate facts instead of using demented feelz and faith based illogical arguments.

We're on page 79.

All your questions have been responded to. You just don't like the response.

Because the Pro-Death side do not debate facts, instead of using demented feelz and faith based illogical arguments.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You read it in an article? It must be true then.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   

You read it in an article? It must be true then.

It's truer than your guesswork.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Quoting statistics isn’t guessing.

You’re too dumb to realise the irony of this post.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   

And now the insults come because you really don't have a proper stance and can't defend it.
edit on q000000311231America/Chicago0202America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   
So I will end my posting here with this one last statement which refers to the thread title:

Abortions - Why so bad? Taking away a woman's right to choose - why so bad? I am sure the pro-lifers will say it's not so bad at all because it's not being done to them.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

The main point is you cannot compare a bygone era's way of measuring poverty to how it should be measured now, now is not then. We know more about poverty and it's negative effects now, back then they did not.

My ex-husband's grandfather left an abusive home at age 7.

Hired himself out on a farm.

Try that today.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   

And now the insults come because you really don't have a proper stance and can't defend it.

Ahhhhh, you picked up on that too

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   

My ex-husband's grandfather left an abusive home at age 7.

Hired himself out on a farm.

Try that today.

I researched the differences in wage to quality of living and back in the 50's 60's to today and people back then could live on one person's wages plus buy a home and one car and have a lot of children - not today.

What's wrong with your religious pro-life leaders giving women no other options? It's disgusting to me.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Ahhhhh, you picked up on that too

It happens a lot here, unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 08:45 PM
link   
As a Father of 2 Children which we're aborted for two different reasons, I feel the pain of any would be-father who wanted to have children, but didn't realize it at the time. I had a girlfriend which didn't want to commit, and believed I was not financially secure enough for a child. The second incident was with another girl, a Polish girl who was half Spanish, she had a Fallopian-Tube (atopic), where the Fetus began in the wrong area and medically required an abortion in the opinion of the doctor at the time, and given her options of risk of death.

I wish my would-be children all the best.

Now that I am getting older, and have been sitting in the same spot since 2015, I don't meet alot of opposite gender, And many women my age, I hate to say it, are more mature than me, or intolerable. Intelligence is sexy, after all. I am honestly experiencing anxiety when I think of logging into Bumble, so many profiles are so fake, compared to mine I feel. It's hard to find someone as you get older. Be wise all.

-47-
edit on 5-12-2022 by 47Cide because: More Details

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join