It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: quintessentone

No, the topic was hijacked to politicise the rights of women. The thread is about the morality of abortion.

I see my links and statistics are an inconvenience to your narrative so you’re now changing the subject. You brought it up, not me.

From the OP's original post #1 - "I suppose this question is mainly aimed at the American people as over here in the UK (Wales) no one seems to give a rat ass about it."

Don't you get tired of always missing the mark?

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   

“Mainly” being the adverb you’ve decided to ignore.

My nationality now excludes me from having an opinion? The OP states people in the UK don’t give a rats ass. Clearly I do.

You’re the definition of a bigot and zealot.

edit on 8/12/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   

“Mainly” being the adverb you’ve decided to ignore.

Where are your American stats?

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I’m not American so never lived under your laws. You never specified American men or American women, just stereotyped everyone regardless of their situation.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I’m not American so never lived under your laws. You never specified American men or American women, just stereotyped everyone regardless of their situation.

I'll assist you with some American stats, let's start with childcare subsidies and I've always been addressing American women's rights being taken away all along.

Slovakia, the United States, and Cyprus occupy the bottom places of the League Table. Weak investments in leave and childcare suggest that childcare is seen more as a private responsibility.

www.unicef-irc.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   

That has nothing to do with your argument or the thread.

Are fathers liable for child support payments in the US? Do mothers have the same liability.

If you’re going to make this about biological sex (something in another thread you claim doesn’t exist outside of feelings) then at least provide relevant information and statistics.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   

That has nothing to do with your argument or the thread.

Are fathers liable for child support payments in the US? Do mothers have the same liability.

If you’re going to make this about biological sex (something in another thread you claim doesn’t exist outside of feelings) then at least provide relevant information and statistics.

It's always been my stance, from the beginning of this thread - to me it's about reducing abortions by providing women needed programs and services. And since most women who abort are young and disadvantaged their male partners would also likely be in the same predicament - so you can't get blood from a stone - from both sides - just driving them from poverty into further poverty.

I've never made it about biological sex, I've just commented on another poster who believes it's NOT about biological sexual drives and youth - where irresponsibility is most likely prevalent - tell me it isn't so.

You are mixing up who is creating which topics/stances and who is replying to someone else's stances.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I actually agree with some of what you’re saying. You’ve been so contradictory and inconsistent with opinion it’s difficult to follow. You also fail to respond directly to questions and avoid inconvenient truths. The world doesn’t revolve around you!

You talk about womans rights in practically every post then claim you’re not making it about gender.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I actually agree with some of what you’re saying. You’ve been so contradictory and inconsistent with opinion it’s difficult to follow. You also fail to respond directly to questions and avoid inconvenient truths. The world doesn’t revolve around you!

You talk about womans rights in practically every post then claim you’re not making it about gender.

Not true, in fact it is you that is confused and mixing up posters' stances on this thread.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Find a post you’ve made that doesn’t use the word woman.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Find a post you’ve made that doesn’t use the word woman.

Which gender gets the abortion?
edit on q000000541231America/Chicago2121America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Depends on the chromosomes of the child you’re aborting. From my perspective there’s two people to consider in an abortion.

I fight for the rights of the unborn human being, who I see as equal to the mother, just as alive and just as human.

I can however get behind education, help and support for expectant mothers and viable alternatives to termination. So on that part we could find common ground. I also think fathers should be equally held responsible for the upbringing of a child.

Looking back I have conflated your stance with that of Annee and Sookie, for which I apologise. If you align yourself with these people then I tend to take an instant dislike. They’re extremists which upon reflection you don’t appear to be.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Depends on the chromosomes of the child you’re aborting. From my perspective there’s two people to consider in an abortion.

I fight for the rights of the unborn human being, who I see as equal to the mother, just as alive and just as human.

I can however get behind education, help and support for expectant mothers and viable alternatives to termination. So on that part we could find common ground. I also think fathers should be equally held responsible for the upbringing of a child.

Looking back I have conflated your stance with that of Annee and Sookie, for which I apologise. If you align yourself with these people then I tend to take an instant dislike. They’re extremists which upon reflection you don’t appear to be.

I don't find them to be extreme, they are the majority voice on this topic - worldwide, even if you don't want to accept it.

I understand where pro-lifers are coming from, but there are immoralities on both sides regarding this subject. Anyway, I think I've said everything I wanted to say, so I won't keep repeating myself.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Anyone with admiration for Sanger or planned parenthood is an extremist.

Please stop speaking for the “majority” worldwide. The majority of the planet also believe in God. Yet both of these subjects are subjective so should be considered individually. Being the majority doesn’t make you right, nor will I pander to the gang mentality.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Anyone with admiration for Sanger or planned parenthood is an extremist.

Please stop speaking for the “majority” worldwide. The majority of the planet also believe in God. Yet both of these subjects are subjective so should be considered individually. Being the majority doesn’t make you right, nor will I pander to the gang mentality.

I don't speak for the majority - the majority speak for the majority. And the minority views are also subjective - isn't it all individually subjective?
edit on q000000321231America/Chicago4545America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

edit on q000000331231America/Chicago1010America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Then own your opinions instead of invoking group think ideology.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I have never invoked group ideology, I invoke my own beliefs from life experience and science that I can believe in. That is evidenced by the number times some certain group thinkers here resort to name calling and denial of facts, it's quite blatant.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

I have never invoked group ideology, I invoke my own beliefs from life experience and science that I can believe in. That is evidenced by the number times some certain group thinkers here resort to name calling and denial of facts, it's quite blatant.

It's rare in here when people who think independently from the majority agree.

That's not group ideology.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: quintessentone

It's rare in here when people who think independently from the majority agree.

That's not group ideology.

It's psychiatry, it's that desperate desire for validation. I don't need to be validated from anybody here.

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Denial of facts, coming from someone who thinks a woman can become a man and vice versa.

Before you try independent thinking, i'd just try thinking in general.

You invoke the majority, then the very next post claim you didn't call on the group think to validate your opinions.

I'm assuming you and Annee are the same person? That level of stupidity and inconsistency is quite rare.

edit on 9/12/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86 >>

join