It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: Annee

So you had the facilities and finances to support a child but chose to abort them for the sake of humanity. What a crock of sh!t.

I've posted multiple times why I chose to terminate my 4th pregnancy.

I have zero regret and would do it again under the same circumstances.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Do they really?

According to the 2021 census, 63% of Americans identify as Christian. If that's the case i find your claims highly dubious.

People governed by a belief in God rarely support abortion.

Also, i don't care for the popular opinion, just because the masses follow like a herd doesn't mean they're right. Nor does popular opinion validate anything. I think you need to consider the definition of opinion before trying to claim it can be validated.

I've had enough of the group think ideologues, there's only so much stupidity i can handle.
edit on 3/12/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I doubt you regret much about your life, after reading your posts on this forum it's clear there's no limits to your sanctimonious babbling.

Take the moral high ground.

What a brave and virtuous soul you have, here's a final medal as a reward. Well done, you killed a baby. You must be so proud of yourself. Your selfless act has done a great service to humanity, one less dirty human to destroy the planet and use up it's resources.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

According to the 2021 census, 63% of Americans identify as Christian. If that's the case i find your claims highly dubious.

Also, i don't care for the popular opinion

You're believing in a fallacy. If you don't care about public opinion, maybe you'll care about the actual number of Christians who actually get abortions.

70% of Women Who Get Abortions Identify as Christians

researchers from the Christian research group LifeWay found that about 70 percent of women who had an abortion self-identified as Christians, while 43 percent say they attended a Christian church at least once per month or more at the time they aborted their child.

That data comes from a pro-life Christian website.
edit on 3-12-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I doubt you regret much about your life, after reading your posts on this forum it's clear there's no limits to your sanctimonious babbling.

Take the moral high ground.

What a brave and virtuous soul you have, here's a final medal as a reward. Well done, you killed a baby. You must be so proud of yourself. Your selfless act has done a great service to humanity, one less dirty human to destroy the planet and use up it's resources.

Life is a learning experience. Why should I have regret? I evolve from my experiences.

I chose the welfare of my 2 living children. My morality is intact. Not STUCK in some manmade ideology.

Fortunately, the "me's" of this world are growing and evolving. The Stuck "you's" of this world are in decline.

edit on 3-12-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   

And then there's this, that just happened.

Judge blocks Indiana abortion ban on religious freedom grounds

Welch issued her injunction after a group called Hoosier Jews for Choice and five individual women challenged the abortion law under Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act in a case brought by the American Civil Liberties Union. The ACLU said the plaintiffs represented religions including Judaism and Islam as well as "independent spiritual belief systems."

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I suggest you try harder at reading comprehension.

"Do they really?" This is a question.

" If that's the case i find your claims highly dubious." IF being the supposition.

I also used the adverb "rarely".

Having an abortion and supporting or thinking its a morally righteous act are two very different things.

I support a womans choice to have an abortion, my problem is when people behave as if it's anything other than a morally reprehensible act.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Yeah because the world of "woke" culture is such an improvement on the traditional values which built our society. I think you have a morbid desire to see our species fail.

Again with the stereotypes and divisive group think garbage.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Yeah because the world of "woke" culture is such an improvement on the traditional values which built our society. I think you have a morbid desire to see our species fail.

Again with the stereotypes and divisive group think garbage.

Absolutely! I absolutely support WOKE.

I'm 76 -- the ignorance and prejudice from my generation needs to stay in the past.

My boyfriend is Greek -- he had "tradition" beat into him.

No child needs PTSD from their childhood.

I helped raise all my grandchildren. I've experienced the evolution of WOKE.

Thankfully, humans are starting to wake up and "throw off the chains" from ridiculous manmade restrictions.

And NO to any violence or lawbreaking. I do not support violence or destruction of property. Our past history is ripe with that. Especially in the south.

edit on 3-12-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   

" If that's the case i find your claims highly dubious." IF being the supposition.

It is the case, whether you find it dubious or not.

I also used the adverb "rarely".

70% of all US abortions performed are done on women who identify as Christian. That doesn't translate to "rarely".

Having an abortion and supporting or thinking its a morally righteous act are two very different things.

If you're trying to say these Christain women must certainly experience guilt for making such an immoral decision, every woman that I know who's had an abortion felt relieved, not guilty, and would do it again, if in the same situation. And, since this isn't an issue that don't just dabble in, but have worked with in multiple facets for decades, I know a lot of women who've had abortions.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Your anecdote must make it true.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Your hubris to think the new paradigm is anything other than a new iteration of social engineering is truly something to behold.

Get over yourself.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Maybe the origins of the issue have more to do with confusion of the stated purpose?

Unplanned Parenthood's creator Maggie was a well known eugenicist and a racist extraordinaire. In the world of cancel culture, things are tainted by motivation, so by definition the work of a racist must be canceled, or do we see her as a misguided visionary?

Arguing for one's own demise is considered an achievement in some elite circles, if you can talk someone into it that is.

Would this tweet be something Maggie would be proud of, having convinced a future generation to do her bidding voluntarily long after her death?

Even more interesting question to ask. Would Maggie be excited to have dead baby parts in products, or would this be considered bad form? In other words, if the dead POC babies ended up in the gene pool by vaccine, or even consumer products, would she be happy about this, or would she see this aa fully lacking an understanding of her work?

In the summer of 2019, PP did a survey to see if the company, corporation, was racist within the workplace. Oddly, it is, which of course begs the question: How would Maggie see this, her life's work was found to be racist, against, primarily, the Black People (weeds) who worked there?

I do think we can agree Maggie would be please to see the number of POC babies aborted, regardless.

Another question to ask. If baby parts are a profit center for many companies, who should get paid for them? Seems the mother and father are being short changed if, their child's brain is sold without them getting something?

Fun fact to talk with your friends about. There are two theories, both might be true, at least one is. One says PespiCo uses human fetal tissue, from dead babies, in their products. Kind of gross they thought this makes food taste better. There is another theory that says they use dead baby tissue from aborted babies to test flavors, adding artificial flavors to tissue to see the reactions and then they add the flavors to foods that the tissue liked: foods mostly consumed in low income areas. Regardless of which, PespiCo buys human fetal tissue, but the parents don't get the money for some reason.

Former employee accuses Planned Parenthood of racism

Planned Parenthood sees and recognizes the greatness of Black
women. Throughout US history, Black women have nurtured families, organized communities, led social movements, and reimagined fields like the arts and sciences

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: crankyoldman
Maybe the origins of the issue have more to do with confusion of the stated purpose?

Unplanned Parenthood's creator Maggie was a well known eugenicist and a racist extraordinaire. In the world of cancel culture, things are tainted by motivation, so by definition the work of a racist must be canceled, or do we see her as a misguided visionary?

Arguing for one's own demise is considered an achievement in some elite circles, if you can talk someone into it that is.

Would this tweet be something Maggie would be proud of, having convinced a future generation to do her bidding voluntarily long after her death?

Even more interesting question to ask. Would Maggie be excited to have dead baby parts in products, or would this be considered bad form? In other words, if the dead POC babies ended up in the gene pool by vaccine, or even consumer products, would she be happy about this, or would she see this aa fully lacking an understanding of her work?

In the summer of 2019, PP did a survey to see if the company, corporation, was racist within the workplace. Oddly, it is, which of course begs the question: How would Maggie see this, her life's work was found to be racist, against, primarily, the Black People (weeds) who worked there?

I do think we can agree Maggie would be please to see the number of POC babies aborted, regardless.

Another question to ask. If baby parts are a profit center for many companies, who should get paid for them? Seems the mother and father are being short changed if, their child's brain is sold without them getting something?

Fun fact to talk with your friends about. There are two theories, both might be true, at least one is. One says PespiCo uses human fetal tissue, from dead babies, in their products. Kind of gross they thought this makes food taste better. There is another theory that says they use dead baby tissue from aborted babies to test flavors, adding artificial flavors to tissue to see the reactions and then they add the flavors to foods that the tissue liked: foods mostly consumed in low income areas. Regardless of which, PespiCo buys human fetal tissue, but the parents don't get the money for some reason.

Former employee accuses Planned Parenthood of racism

Planned Parenthood sees and recognizes the greatness of Black
women. Throughout US history, Black women have nurtured families, organized communities, led social movements, and reimagined fields like the arts and sciences

I can see you've read chosen excerpts.

Read the entire story in full.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   

And your assumptions don't make your opinion of Christian women getting abortions true.

Like I said, 70% of all abortions performed in the US are done on women who identify as Christian. You must have a very low opinion of Christians if it's so easy for you to believe that all these Christian women are hypocrites, riddled with guilt. Sorry, not sorry, to inform you they're not.

There is nothing in the Bible or in Jesus's words that admonishes abortion, even though it was quite prevalent in the 1st century Middle East and Rome. It was so prevalent, as a matter of fact, that the plant they used was picked into extinction. allthatsinteresting.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Your hubris to think the new paradigm is anything other than a new iteration of social engineering is truly something to behold.

Get over yourself.

Social engineering.

That would be church/religion.

Fortunately, we are moving away from that.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I’m not religious.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I’m not religious.

You're atheist?

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I don’t claim to know the minds of others, it’s fanciful for you to do so based on some obscure statistics.

To even suggest abortion is morally good is a reflection of your character.

Again more stereotypes and group think ideology.

You and Anne are zealots who behave exactly like the people you love to criticise.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Agnostic would be the closest term. I believe in creation and think religion has some valuable metaphors and lessons. No man can articulate the language of creation or understand our reality.

Atheism is just as rigid and arrogant as any religion.

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join