It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Females in the Animal Kingdom also kill and eat their offspring when they know there is no chance for survival.

But are Humans subject to Natural Law exclusively or are we more than that?

I suppose it all depends on your perspective.

IDK, cut off electrical power and means to leave LA and see what happens in a few weeks... It is so easy to assume the higher ground when life is easy.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

The whole thing honestly needs to be removed from the political debate. Morality is not quantifiable or definable from individual to individual. That's why intent plays a powerful role in the law.

Where I do think the law should come into play is late-term abortion. Even the doctors know that in all cases, even if it is a matter of the mother's life, a C-Section is less risky to the mother, so there is no reason for them not to both live.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   
nope
edit on 30-9-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Thank you. Sadly, Quadrivium isn't reading to comprehend, but to react.

Perhaps if you comprehended your original reply to me and the terms I used, you would better understand my post.
Your reply showed your ignorance on the term "human being", I was just pointing it out.
It is not my Comprehension or understanding that is lacking here as can be plainly read.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
So, you have no problem with killing toddlers, adolescents or adults because they're "nothing special "?

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

An opinion born out of naivety and ignorance, and the lack of an ounce of spiritual wisdom or understanding.

Oh, am I some kind of special mammal from God?

And God put other mammals here for me to kill and eat?

I'm not the naive or delusional one.

Don't change the goal posts again. You said there should be a LAW legalizing suicide. Why? So people can kill themselves and what? Not get arrested later?

You are indeed the naive and delusional one here.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I live in a state with one of the biggest rates of poverty in the Nation.

Babies are being born to folks without running, water or electricity, and CPS has it's hands full with the amount of abuse that goes on in some of the more poverty sticken households, but the babies continue to be born.

I've heard horror stories of families in the boonies who have incestuous relations with their daughters and tie them to beds during the duration of their pregnancy to ensure they don't attempt to terminate the baby or flee.

There is also a small cult around here where menstration is considered the same as abortion and a woman must be pregnant on a continual basis because to do so otherwise is "against God's will" and considered a grave sin.

Are these types of behaviors Constitutionally Protected?

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Babies are being born to folks without running, water or electricity, and CPS has it's hands full with the amount of abuse that goes on in some of the more poverty sticken households, but the babies continue to be born.

I've heard horror stories of families in the boonies who have incestuous relations with their daughters and tie them to beds during the duration of their pregnancy to ensure they don't attempt to terminate the baby or flee.

There is also a small cult around here where menstration is considered the same as abortion and a woman must be pregnant on a continual basis because to do so otherwise is "against God's will" and considered a grave sin.

I'm not sure where your reply fits my post for me to answer you.

edit on 30-9-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax

originally posted by: Quadrivium

Then why doesn't the state issue conception certificates instead of birth certificates?

You think the state and a certificate make human beings?
That actually explains a lot about you.

You take that from the bit you quoted?

I see a suggestion to move the legal definition of a citizen from it’s entrance into this world to the time of it’s origination.

Technically the state does make up human beings. You are born a male or female homo sapien sapien.

Your adult stage is a man or a woman.

You are never a human being except conceptually.

You are ALWAYS a human being. You are never a person, except conceptually.

Who said anything about a person?

You.
When you said "technically the state does make up human beings".
It most certainly does not.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   

You mentioned an apocolyptic scenario in LA where services were not available.

The state where I live has folks living off-grid in shanties with no water or electricity.

Kind of the same thing, really.

People will revert to natural law, or else take extreme measures to abort.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   

That's some of the more compelling reasons I suggested a procreative license, to avoid babies being conceived in homes that can't guarantee the required diligence and affection.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Unfortunately, History shows us that type of procreative measure would be abused by Eugenisists and the Ruling Establishment.

I would advocate a option for voluntary sterilization at the discretion of both Males and Females who don't wish for children.

edit on 9/30/22 by GENERAL EYES because: clarity

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   

An opinion born out of naivety and ignorance, and the lack of an ounce of spiritual wisdom or understanding.

Oh, am I some kind of special mammal from God?

And God put other mammals here for me to kill and eat?

I'm not the naive or delusional one.

Don't change the goal posts again. You said there should be a LAW legalizing suicide. Why? So people can kill themselves and what? Not get arrested later?

You are indeed the naive and delusional one here.

More likely advocating for this so Donald Trump can be jailed for attempted suicide.

I’m fairly sure that my own country, Australia, dabbles in voluntary euthanasia legislation through assisted suicide.

Essentially

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Then why doesn't the state issue conception certificates instead of birth certificates?

I see a suggestion to move the legal definition of a citizen from it’s entrance into this world to the time of it’s origination.

Technically the state does make up human beings. You are born a male or female homo sapien sapien.

You.

How do you get the word person from what I posted?

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee wonder who opposed the genocide of the Jews and of Slaves? Guess they were wrong then to....huh?

Religious history? Don't care.

Lots of things happened in history (religious or not) to lots of people.

I do not live in the past. I live today.

Dismissing a posters comments in this thread because it contains historical content whilst posting the same type of content in another thread to support your own points doesn’t look good.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The founding of America was a different time.

Church was a local social event that most everyone in the neighborhood went to - - - whether they believed or not.

Political/Religious discussion was as prevalent then as it is today. As today - - some Atheist's/Deists know the bible better then many Christians.

There was no TV or Internet. Debates were probably at church gatherings - - men's clubs - - and through letter writings.

Most of the founding fathers were Deists. But if you read through their writings you will find many references and discussions of the bible/Christianity.

Many will argue they were Christian from "out takes" of their letter correspondence debates.

You really don’t like Christians, do you?

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
This entire post is an informal fallacy.
You are using the very few, miniscule even, to justify the many.
It's like saying "my dog has red fur so all dogs have red fur".

Abortion, in 99% of cases, is the premeditated killing of another human being for convenience.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You.

How do you get the word person from what I posted?

Because the government only deals with "persons" and "citizens".
Those terms are subjective and the word "person" is derived from philosophy.
"Human being" is objective and is a scientific term.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Government also deals with corporations. As well as operators.

My blacks law dictionary, on page 1257 of the ninth edition, defines a person as a human being.

Also termed natural person.

Which philosophy are you referring to?

a reply to: Quadrivium

Also defines a person as the living body of a human being and additionally as an entity (such as a corporation) that is recognised by law as having most of the rights and duties of a human being.

edit on 30-9-2022 by Dalamax because: Request specificity.

edit on 30-9-2022 by Dalamax because: Add other definitions

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax
medicine.missouri.edu...#:~:text=It%20is%20common%20to%20assume,Homo%20sapiens%20(or%20relat ed).

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Government also deals with corporations. As well as operators.

My blacks law dictionary, on page 1257 of the ninth edition, defines a person as a human being.

Also termed natural person.

Which philosophy are you referring to?

a reply to: Quadrivium

Also defines a person as the living body of a human being and additionally as an entity (such as a corporation) that is recognised by law as having most of the rights and duties of a human being.

Hence:
Abortion, in 99% of cases, is the premeditated killing of another human being for convenience.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join