It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Once i'm settled back in Scotland i'll be happy to offer my home for fostering.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Yeah, as a species we should cherish children from inception and be more responsible when considering the implications of our actions. People can f*ck like rabbits for all i care, as long as they take precautionary measures with the understanding that they risk becoming a parent.

Then again you are talking about people here....lol geez

I on the other hand do see a need to kill people under certain situations, and I see the unborn as human, but hardly developed and so I have no real issue with 15 weeks. Saying that I do want it to be rare, and not a first choice.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The fact is in the real world of the United States, it is lower/working class women of color who are pressured to get the abortions.

Most women seeking an abortion have already had one child. They are afraid that they cannot support their living child while they are out of work after another birth. Their employers pressure them into getting the abortion. It is not the man pressuring them, and most of the cases I saw, the man had already left the picture. The woman had no resources and her living child would starve if she lost work. My experience was working with people who came to a food pantry. Many of them were women who were struggling to make it as a single parent. They confided in us because they felt trapped.

This was not middle-class teenage white girls. This was black and Hispanic single mothers in their 20s.

So I have always resented the racist and classist overtones of abortions in this country. Abortion has the most support among the whites of the social elite. I think they know good and well that it is minority women get the abortions. And they like it that way. The progressive elites never encourage the woman to leave the workforce and raise a child. They will talk to her about her “career, “which is cleaning their houses or waiting tables in a diner.

Their own white female relatives will never face that predicament; so they are complacent about the plight of minority girls. But that’s the way bigotry is. The elite are always blind to the suffering of the poor.
edit on 1-10-2022 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 01:59 AM
link   

a reply to: Annee

You better hope God doesn't exist. There's always time to repent and confess your sins,

I was raised Christian.

Didn't make any sense to me then -- even when I was choosing to believe.

I'm perfectly secure in being atheist.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I’m sure it makes it easier to justify reprehensible behaviour.
edit on 1/10/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   

a reply to: UpThenDown

Sure, by that logic i should support child abuse as it's none of my business.

If i see anyone smack a child in public, it becomes my business. I know more than most about physical abuse and i don't tolerate bullies, either online or in my day to day life.

Wait so you are watching abortions happen in person otherwise its a pointless comparison, I like you would intervene if I saw someone beating a child on the street, robbing someone or commiting a crime

But what someone chooses to do with their life and potential children is their business, I would hope they choose not to abort BUT I hope they have a choice first and foremost

You seem to be very emotional again and blaming members of this board as if we are going around aborting these pregnancies, I think you need to direct your fury elsewhere
edit on 000000p3106America/Chicago10012022610 by UpThenDown because: typo

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Hmm, the most reprehensible behavior I experienced was 12 years of Catholic school. Between mental and physical torment from the nuns, and of course we had a pedophile priest who never did get any punishment, but got moved around instead.

And @lovenar the reason you may not have seen too many middle class white females in the food pantry is because their moms or they themselves paid for an abortion at the first pregnancy. Again, good old Catholic girls. Parents didn't want to be disgraced and all that with a pregnant teen. Heck I had known of more than one girl who had two between high school and college years.

The school showing 10 year old girls films of graphic abortions and buckets of fetuses to push their anti abortion agenda seemed to backfire.
edit on 1-10-2022 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Except they’re not “potential” children, we’re discussing ACTUAL children. Typical out of sight out of mind philosophy. If you’d ever watched an abortion or seen an aborted child I think your opinion would change. Unless you think mutilating tiny human beings is entertaining. I’m not angry just disgusted, don’t project your lack of self control onto me.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Due to the above, I see late-term abortion as one thing that should be criminal. It's clearly the taking of a life of a viable person who is a distinct and separate person from the mother.

What is a "late term" abortion? What, in your opinion, is a "viable person"?

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

Let's base the laws on what science says!

Science say nature doesn't give 2 f#ks about human beings. Science says survival of the fittest rules supreme. Science says we are all food.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

I'm not Christian. You can have a moral compass without ascribing to religion.

You better hope God doesn't exist. There's always time to repent and confess your sins, even if it's a token gesture without belief, it's a good idea to reflect on the poor choices you've made and beg forgiveness, might help you grow rather than digging in your heels and pretending like you're infallible.

That's quite a religious statement, there. You sure sound like a Christian.

Once again i'm not Christian nor would i like to stereotype or cast aspersions on the motivations of others.

But you do. And you do it so passive aggressively.

edit on 1-10-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Except they’re not “potential” children, we’re discussing ACTUAL children.

We're talking about embryos and fetuses, not ACTUAL children. ACTUAL children have many more, and very different needs than embryos and fetuses.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Having read all of your posts none of you understand or realise just why abortions were legalised in the first place.
No matter what YOUR thought are on the matter. For a start NO MAN should have ANY input on what a woman decides. THAT is the ultimate controlling, degrading, manipulative, dominating aspect of men that has no right to be allowed in civilised society. For a start no one is disagreeing with babies bought into the world in a loving stable family.

Legalised abortion was bought into this world because women who wanted or needed abortions (and believe me women wanted them then, now and in the future) but with some of you talking on here and some religious factions deemed it wrong.

SO no matter what you say there will ALWAYS be women wanting abortions and they get no choice but to go to back street abortionists which leads to many many times women dying, mutilated psychologically and even mutilated physically. AND it's people with holier than thou morals that force and drive these women to these extremes.

Yes there has to be a cut off point for terminations but not outlaw abortions across the board. Now ladies and gentlemen you now know my stance on certain religious, political or people with holier than thou morals putting their ideas morals and ethics on any human being especially women, I vehemently hate them.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   

dude you are all over the show

Me and my partner have 2 children, zero abortions

why are you projecting you ire and anger at me I dont know

All I want is that everyone has a choice, if they choose to make that decision thats on them, not you or I, because if you do make it illegal do you believe abortion will stop, if so you are in the land of cuckoos, keep it legal and keep it safe and keep your nose out of others business

you seem to want to dictate what others can or cant do

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   

When they want to kill children, yes in my opinion that’s wrong and this is a discussion forum.

Who’s mutilated body is dead on the table after the procedure and what species is that life form?

If you don’t like that opinion nobody is forcing you to reply, seems you’re the one who wants to silence me and dictate what I can and can’t do. I’d say my opinion on the matter has been pretty consistent.

What’s worse, abortion or sharing an opinion on it.

Stop making it about me and stay on topic.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I believe in creation, Jesus is not my saviour. Again, making it personal, can any of you actually debate the subject?

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I want a lot of things, like people to value the life of children. Clearly you can’t always get what you want. For example despite your tirade and me being a man, I’m still going to have an opinion on the subject and there’s nothing any of you can do about it except moan and groan.

I don’t agree with a lot of laws but still abide by them.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Example please.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   

The whole case was based on a lie.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   

They’re human beings with their own consciousness and have the same right to life as you. I’m not the one who’s supporting criminal behaviour.

Goodbye thread, I think I’ve made my position clear and it’s degenerating into personal attacks due to the lack of any real counter arguments.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join