It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

My parents tried to adopt in Texas back in the 90's.

They wanted $100,000 for the process itself and there was a "no adopting outside of your own race" policy.

The money the System wanted up front would have been better suited to the caring of a child, and race was not an issue for my parents, they just wanted to give a child a loving home and an opportunity.

It absolutely broke their hearts.

edit on 9/30/22 by GENERAL EYES because: spelling

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Annee

From your..uh...source:

Mission
Political Research Associates (PRA) is a social justice research and strategy center devoted to supporting organizations, civic leaders, journalists, and social sectors that are building a more just and inclusive democratic society. We provide change-makers with strategic insights and actionable research in order to identify, disrupt, and compete with movements and institutions that undermine democracy, justice, and human rights.

And their opinions on "Christian Dominionism" should matter to anyone why exactly?

Are you claiming Fundamental Christians are not the #1 reason against abortion?

The #1 reason for abortion is the denial of science, human rights and just an overall backwards/warped mentality.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
a reply to: TzarChasm

Then why doesn't the state issue conception certificates instead of birth certificates?

You think the state and a certificate make human beings?
That actually explains a lot about you.

You take that from the bit you quoted?

I see a suggestion to move the legal definition of a citizen from it’s entrance into this world to the time of it’s origination.

Technically the state does make up human beings. You are born a male or female homo sapien sapien.

Your adult stage is a man or a woman.

You are never a human being except conceptually.
edit on 30-9-2022 by Dalamax because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
a reply to: Bigburgh

My parents tried to adopt in Texas.

They wanted $100,000 for the process itself and there was a "no adopting outside of your own race" policy.

They money that wanted up front would have been better suited to the caring of a child, and race was not an issue for my parents, they just wanted to give a child a loving home and an opportunity.

It broke their hearts.

Regretfully wasn't making more than 80k before taxes. She was a School Teacher, taught math and art to 3rd graders.

100K simply wasn't enough to "Buy a kid".
I didn't have enough.
This ultimately lead to multiple breakups.

I wanted kids

100k 😢, I'm sorry for you and anyone that goes through this.
edit on 30-9-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: incoserv

Those body parts are really important to Science, the religion without morals.

I would disagree here. Those body parts are important to PROFITS. Ripping humans, in the womb, limb from limb is a billion dollar business, done in the name of science.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee wonder who opposed the genocide of the Jews and of Slaves? Guess they were wrong then to....huh?

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

That is why the argument is so difficult.

There should be no argument at all.

It's no one's business but the one who is making the choice.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee wonder who opposed the genocide of the Jews and of Slaves? Guess they were wrong then to....huh?

Religious history? Don't care.

Lots of things happened in history (religious or not) to lots of people.

I do not live in the past. I live today.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tipulatedone
a reply to: Quadrivium

Il give you a bit of background...
Ex partner of mine found out she was pregnant after we had split but didnt want to tell me "to get us back together" which i respect but she decided to abort due to she knowing she would not be able to cope alone (as well as other reasons)

She thought i would be mad but i wasnt. If i had known about her pregnancy i would have certainly wanted to keep the baby but the relationship was so toxic i didnt want to be around her.

Personally i believe the ultimate decision comes down to what the women wants (say 51% v 49%) but should people be labelled as murders for making that decision if perhaps they had no other choice but to? But this is why i made this topic as i wanted to see real peoples opinions

Ok.
That does not change the simple scientific fact that abortion, in 99% of cases, is the premeditated killing of another human being for convenience.
It actually reinforces the statement.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Do you need the state to validate existence? Many people in this world don't have a birth certificate, should they not have any right to life?

"right to life" proponents are much like those so called sanctuary states who believe strongly in the philanthropic principles of harboring refugees, until the babies arrive on your doorstep like clockwork, a dozen every week. I'm sure your orphanage must be booked solid for the next 5 years at least. Bless your heart.

originally posted by: Dalamax

Then why doesn't the state issue conception certificates instead of birth certificates?

I see a suggestion to move the legal definition of a citizen from it’s entrance into this world to the time of it’s origination.

Technically the state does make up human beings. You are born a male or female homo sapien sapien.

Thank you. Sadly, Quadrivium isn't reading to comprehend, but to react. Social media culture at its finest.

edit on 30-9-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You are so predictable.
You contradict yourself constantly.
Between us, YOU are the only one who ever brings up religion.
Next you will tell me how a human being in the womb is less than human, like the Nazi's thought of the Jews.
Or how the human being in the womb is property, like the slave were to Slavers.

You use religion as an excuse to justify your demented view of human life.
Abortion, in 99% of cases, is the premeditated killing of another human being for convenience.
Regardless of religion, this is a scientific, factual statement.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Bigburgh

They were poor Horny.

Thankfully they didn't take the Lazy & Easy way out.

Its also like saying, well thankfully dad didn't pull out instead, or thanks they were not smart enough to use their birth control correctly. I guess every human today should give thinks to their parents....lol

Or your the load that should have been swallowed

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel
I just had a son back in July, he’s the greatest gift that I have ever received. When my wife and I saw the very first ultrasound at nine weeks I fell to my knees because it was a tiny person (was not expecting that). It had a head, tiny arms, very tiny legs that were not quite formed yet. It also had a heartbeat, oh yes a heartbeat. You can debate whether or not it was a human and had a heartbeat all you want until you’re blue in the face, I know what I saw.

If you can look at that ultrasound of YOUR baby, your creation with all of these attributes and say “ya let’s terminate it”, I assure you, I am not the problem. That’s not a religious stance, it’s a logical stance. If that’s not a person you’re killing than what is it? I know exactly what it is, you obviously don’t.

Congratulations!

That is an amazing post. It clearly makes the point that our natural instinct to protect our progeny at all stages of life beginning with pregnancy is in fact instinctual. We are hardwired to feel that way.

Thank you I appreciate it, I really do. Regardless of the semantics, I knew on the ultrasound that it was a tiny human with a heartbeat (the doctors own words). My question to the baby killers is, could you honestly stand here, look at a nine week ultrasound and tell me with a straight face that it’s not a human life? If you don’t think that’s a life, then all hope is lost for humanity.

That’s why I don’t even debate the issue, I’ve witnessed the truth with my own eyes. I don’t need to be convinced, we chose love and life.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   

You are ALWAYS a human being. You are never a person, except conceptually.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You are so predictable.
You contradict yourself constantly.
Between us, YOU are the only one who ever brings up religion.
Next you will tell me how a human being in the womb is less than human, like the Nazi's thought of the Jews.
Or how the human being in the womb is property, like the slave were to Slavers.

You use religion as an excuse to justify your demented view of human life.
Abortion, in 99% of cases, is the premeditated killing of another human being for convenience.
Regardless of religion, this is a scientific, factual statement.

Oh, GEE! I wonder why I bring up religion when talking about abortion.

Religious use religion as an excuse.

We are mammals -- just like most other mammals. All procreate for the survival of their species. It's not anything special.

Actually, other mammals are smarter than humans. The males fight each other to prove who is the best to pass on their genes. And the women only (mostly) mate with the winner.

Potluck breeding isn't helping the human race.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I just had a son back in July, he’s the greatest gift that I have ever received. When my wife and I saw the very first ultrasound at nine weeks I fell to my knees because it was a tiny person (was not expecting that). It had a head, tiny arms, very tiny legs that were not quite formed yet. It also had a heartbeat, oh yes a heartbeat. You can debate whether or not it was a human and had a heartbeat all you want until you’re blue in the face, I know what I saw.

If you can look at that ultrasound of YOUR baby, your creation with all of these attributes and say “ya let’s terminate it”, I assure you, I am not the problem. That’s not a religious stance, it’s a logical stance. If that’s not a person you’re killing than what is it? I know exactly what it is, you obviously don’t.

Congratulations!

That is an amazing post. It clearly makes the point that our natural instinct to protect our progeny at all stages of life beginning with pregnancy is in fact instinctual. We are hardwired to feel that way.

Thank you I appreciate it, I really do. Regardless of the semantics, I knew on the ultrasound that it was a tiny human with a heartbeat (the doctors own words). My question to the baby killers is, could you honestly stand here, look at a nine week ultrasound and tell me with a straight face that it’s not a human life? If you don’t think that’s a life, then all hope is lost for humanity.

That’s why I don’t even debate the issue, I’ve witnessed the truth with my own eyes. I don’t need to be convinced, we chose love and life.

This is why politics are rarely permitted at the dinner table, much less on the internet with random strangers I wouldn't recognize if I saw them walking down the street. Everyone's discretion should be protected, as opposed to brow beating and proselytizing which usually puts them further across the aisle.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Females in the Animal Kingdom also kill and eat their offspring when they know there is no chance for survival.

But are Humans subject to Natural Law exclusively or are we more than that?

I suppose it all depends on your perspective.

edit on 9/30/22 by GENERAL EYES because: spelling

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Or your the load that should have been swallowed

I'm just not a fan of the "if my parents aborted me I wouldn't be here, so that makes abortions wrong" argument. I could come back and say that crime peaked in 1992 with it always going up each year and then in 1992 something strange happened and crime went down EVERY year there after, this is also about when people who were aborted in 1972 would now be adults, so a ton of poor people that lead the way in crime statistics never happened.

edit on 30-9-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

It's not worth the debate and like I've said it's really not an issue that should be political. It's something between god and ourselves or ourselves and ourselves.

It all boils down to how we each individually view it.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You are ALWAYS a human being. You are never a person, except conceptually.

Who said anything about a person? And who is Hu, man? Excuse my flippancy, but who put the Hu in human?
edit on 30-9-2022 by Dalamax because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join