It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

They were poor Horny.

Thankfully they didn't take the Lazy & Easy way out.

Its also like saying, well thankfully dad didn't pull out instead, or thanks they were not smart enough to use their birth control correctly. I guess every human today should give thinks to their parents....lol

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   
My Mother In Law had an unplanned pregnancy at 17 at a time when that was a scandalous thing. The Family was Ostracized by their Religious Community but her Family took care of her despite the hardship.

I thank her all the time for the wonderful Lovechild that is my Husband even though there are those that would consider him a bastard because he never knew his Father.

People can be cruel even when someone does the right thing.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Tipulatedone
So first I just want to say this is my very first thread!
Ive been a long time reader of ATS but never posted or commented until the last few days.

Now i thought i would start off with a perhaps rather controversial question...

Why do people think Abortions are so bad?
I suppose this question is mainly aimed at the American people as over here in the UK (Wales) no one seems to give a rat ass about it.
Ive tried asking the question on various message boards/youtube comments etc but noone ever seems to reply.

No right or wrong answers of course just want to see peoples thoughts!

Fundamental Christians. That is the #1 reason.

Dominionism Rising
A Theocratic Movement Hiding in Plain Sight

Dominionism is the theocratic idea that regardless of theological view, means, or timetable, Christians are called by God to exercise dominion over every aspect of society by taking control of political and cultural institutions.

politicalresearch.org...

Good for them.

You mention it like it’s a bad thing.

Do you see something wrong with babies and Christians?

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I guess every human today should give thinks to their parents....lol

Yep it's A Hallmark Holiday 2 times a year.

Mom and Dad get called at least once a week to check on them.

edit on 30-9-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Tipulatedone

The political argument is one that is carefully nurtured by both Democrats and Republicans to keep us hating each other and easier to control. It's a tactic used by governments from the time when we were all members of small local tribes hunting with spears.

I personally believe it's not a political issue and the government should not be involved. It is a question of morality for me.

I believe that from the moment of inception, the unborn child is a separate and distinct person from the mother. When you ask me to condone abortion you are literally asking me to condone murder for the sake of convenience. Infanticide. Since I believe it's a question of morality I do not however hold it against those who see it otherwise. For me it's murder, for them, it's just a decision not to have a child. Their sense of morality is different from mine.

We will never agree on this. Asking a pro-life person to approve of abortion as a form of birth control is to ask them to condone murder. It's absurd to expect anything otherwise. It's equally impossible for those who believe that an unborn child is just a mass of cells and it's like having a tumor removed, they will never understand either.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

Ive been a long time reader of ATS but never posted or commented until the last few days.

I suppose this question is mainly aimed at the American people as over here in the UK (Wales) no one seems to give a rat ass about it.
Ive tried asking the question on various message boards/youtube comments etc but noone ever seems to reply.

Dominionism Rising

Dominionism is the theocratic idea that regardless of theological view, means, or timetable, Christians are called by God to exercise dominion over every aspect of society by taking control of political and cultural institutions.

politicalresearch.org...

Good for them.

Forcing personal Christian beliefs on others or legislating religious beliefs into law is wrong. Forcing birth and parenthood on those who can't, won't or don't want it is wrong.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Dominionism Rising

politicalresearch.org...

Good for them.

Forcing personal Christian beliefs on others or legislating religious beliefs into law is wrong. Forcing birth and parenthood on those who can't, won't or don't want it is wrong.

and killing humans isn't wrong.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Why is suicide illegal but not abortions?

Suicide choice should be legal.

What's done is done. I actually scoff at the law. There shouldn't be a law punishing those having a terrible go at life, there should be help available for those who do.

They're Dead.
The fact that the Church also gets their fingers in to personal lives and levies what you do in life will be punished by God for eternity is absolutely disgusting to me.

This is a human matter. Not religious.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Bringing it up here on anywhere is like beating a dead horse. No one is going to change anyone's mind on the subject hence why the huge amount of resources the pro life side in some areas if the world put into the debate to just shut it down completely.

The truth is most places around the world allow abortion up to a certain point, because every pregnancy is different and every woman's situation is different and can change in a matter of days or even hours. It doesn't matter what people think in pro life or choice it's none of your business and it's between the woman, and male involved (sometimes) and her doctor.

I hope you learn from this thread OP that this topic goes no where.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

The political argument is one that is carefully nurtured by both Democrats and Republicans to keep us hating each other

First paragraph.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Dominionism Rising

politicalresearch.org...

Good for them.

Forcing birth and parenthood on those who can't, won't or don't want it is wrong.

It’s called “breeding” for a reason.

If you’re not talking about rape then you lost me with that statement.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

An opinion born out of naivety and ignorance, and the lack of an ounce of spiritual wisdom or understanding.

Oh, am I some kind of special mammal from God?

And God put other mammals here for me to kill and eat?

I'm not the naive or delusional one.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   

For most people, at least I believe so, it isn't whether abortion is bad or not. Its the extremes of both sides that are bad.

"Anyone can get an abortion whenever they want for whatever reason."

"No one can ever get an abortion regardless of the reason."

Neither of those is truly beneficial or reasonable. The point of contingency is usually deciding when human life begins. Recently, an argument was made against the concept of a heartbeat at 6 weeks.

Science says at 6 weeks there are heart cells that contract in the same fashion as a human heart, however, there is no circulatory system so it really isn't a heart beating, its just cells contracting. At 6 weeks the beginnings of a heart are formed. If allowed to continue, they will likely become a beating heart. That qualifies as life for many people. However, a body with a beating heart but no brain activity is usually terminated regardless of age.

So the argument becomes one of potential. But you cant legislate potential. Potential is not absolute, it is only possibility. For example, those cells have the potential to become a living breathing human being. They also have the potential to fail entirely on their own with no outside intervention. So, is termination ending what would have been a living being or just moving up the date at which it ends? The truth is no one knows.

That is why the argument is so difficult.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel
I just had a son back in July, he’s the greatest gift that I have ever received. When my wife and I saw the very first ultrasound at nine weeks I fell to my knees because it was a tiny person (was not expecting that). It had a head, tiny arms, very tiny legs that were not quite formed yet. It also had a heartbeat, oh yes a heartbeat. You can debate whether or not it was a human and had a heartbeat all you want until you’re blue in the face, I know what I saw.

If you can look at that ultrasound of YOUR baby, your creation with all of these attributes and say “ya let’s terminate it”, I assure you, I am not the problem. That’s not a religious stance, it’s a logical stance. If that’s not a person you’re killing than what is it? I know exactly what it is, you obviously don’t.

Congratulations!

That is an amazing post. It clearly makes the point that our natural instinct to protect our progeny at all stages of life beginning with pregnancy is in fact instinctual. We are hardwired to feel that way.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yes -- because anyone forcing their religious beliefs into law is wrong.

But not all Christians agree that abortion is wrong. Or that it is always wrong. Basically just the same as the population as a whole. The vast majority of people have very nuanced opinions. Very few are in the extreme of "abortion is always wrong" or "abortion is always okay."

So it's really not all Christians trying to force their beliefs into legislation.

It isn't a coincidence that the Founding Fathers did NOT make Christianity a state religion, and that they incorporated free worship into the Bill of Rights. They knew from personal experience that Christians too could and would be tyrannical and sought to protect the people from all tyranny.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel
I just had a son back in July, he’s the greatest gift that I have ever received. When my wife and I saw the very first ultrasound at nine weeks I fell to my knees because it was a tiny person (was not expecting that). It had a head, tiny arms, very tiny legs that were not quite formed yet. It also had a heartbeat, oh yes a heartbeat. You can debate whether or not it was a human and had a heartbeat all you want until you’re blue in the face, I know what I saw.

If you can look at that ultrasound of YOUR baby, your creation with all of these attributes and say “ya let’s terminate it”, I assure you, I am not the problem. That’s not a religious stance, it’s a logical stance. If that’s not a person you’re killing than what is it? I know exactly what it is, you obviously don’t.

Congratulations!

That is an amazing post. It clearly makes the point that our natural instinct to protect our progeny at all stages of life beginning with pregnancy is in fact instinctual. We are hardwired to feel that way.

You are correct that the parent (I don't know what the correct pc term is and I don't care) has the instinct to protect their progeny at all stages beginning with pregnancy. However, not all people feel that same instinct when it is not their progeny. Yet all are able to vote on what is right or wrong. Without having a personal stake in the game, as it were, many rely on science.

If at 9 weeks a genuine heartbeat was observed, and all the markers of human life are present, then I would say that is a good place to start having the discussion of what is vs. what might/not be.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
You should never kill something you don’t intend to eat.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I've never been able to help conceive a child.
Participated on many occasions, I'm not able to.

Been in relationships with pre existing children. But none of my own. And believe me it hurts. Bad. I'm tearing up...

And don't even get me started on the flipping Adoption System.

Been through that. 2 people with steady income, a home that's payed off, 2 cars payed off, Cleared By The FBI to work with the sick and in need which has been done regularly.

FIX THE ADOPTION SYSTEMS!

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Then why doesn't the state issue conception certificates instead of birth certificates?

You think the state and a certificate make human beings?
That actually explains a lot about you.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Take it up the @$$ instead. It can work both ways. Make a day together.

I'm done for now.

edit on 30-9-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join