It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Are you trying to dehumanize the "pro-choice" crowd?

Are they actually human? Who knew...

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   
to all those who are pro abortion, do you feel there should be any restrictions? Can we cut em up as they pop out, or perhaps a week after they pop out, or is that too late?

What do you feel is "too late"?

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Again, unborn children are alive, rendering your meltdown irrelevant and illogical. There's many "unwanted children" in this world who're happy to be alive!

Should we lock the doors and burn down the orphanages?

So if everyone agrees they are alive and human DNA at some level of growth, when is it acceptable to stop the growth process? Is the morning after pill too late, or is using a rubble preventing life to happen also bad? At some point we as a society need to pick a point that neither side actually agrees with 100%.

edit on 30-9-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

to all those who are pro abortion, do you feel there should be any restrictions

What did Roe V Wade say about that? Pro-choice folks support the Roe V Wade standard.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Again, unborn children are alive, rendering your meltdown irrelevant and illogical. There's many "unwanted children" in this world who're happy to be alive!

Should we lock the doors and burn down the orphanages?

So if everyone agrees they are a live and human DNA at some level where is it acceptable to stop the growth process? Is the morning after pill too late, or is using a rubble preventing life to happen also bad? At some point we as a society need to pick a point that neither side actually agrees with 100%.

as was stated earlier, safe and rare used to be the way this was. And if it stayed that way, there wouldn't be as much anger about it. But you have grandstanders calling for the right to kill up to the moment of birth. I can't imagine why that would ruffle any feathers. I mean, if you go that far, then why not 47th trimester abortions? There are some folks that really could be put to better use as organ donors, than as people. Murder is such an ugly word.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: network dude

to all those who are pro abortion, do you feel there should be any restrictions

What did Roe V Wade say about that? Pro-choice folks support the Roe V Wade standard.

all of them? so nobody is calling for late term abortion?

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

as was stated earlier, safe and rare used to be the way this was. And if it stayed that way, there wouldn't be as much anger about it. But you have grandstanders calling for the right to kill up to the moment of birth. I can't imagine why that would ruffle any feathers. I mean, if you go that far, then why not 47th trimester abortions? There are some folks that really could be put to better use as organ donors, than as people. Murder is such an ugly word.

Well as I said we need to point that neither side actually agrees 100% to, so something like 15 weeks would be a good place to draw that line.

edit on 30-9-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Why is suicide illegal but not abortions?

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

that's just it. there are some who won't budge off of their ideas. In a civilized society, we would find common ground. But I have learned the key, that part so many don't and won't grasp.

Never ask the question if you aren't prepared for the answer.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

They built a nice jail for all those who successfully committed suicide, but they don't do much business.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I just had a son back in July, he’s the greatest gift that I have ever received. When my wife and I saw the very first ultrasound at nine weeks I fell to my knees because it was a tiny person (was not expecting that). It had a head, tiny arms, very tiny legs that were not quite formed yet. It also had a heartbeat, oh yes a heartbeat. You can debate whether or not it was a human and had a heartbeat all you want until you’re blue in the face, I know what I saw.

If you can look at that ultrasound of YOUR baby, your creation with all of these attributes and say “ya let’s terminate it”, I assure you, I am not the problem. That’s not a religious stance, it’s a logical stance. If that’s not a person you’re killing than what is it? I know exactly what it is, you obviously don’t.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   

They built a nice jail for all those who successfully committed suicide, but they don't do much business.

You just have to laugh at this. 👍

I can't though.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   

a reply to: RonnieJersey

What about the babies body, because they're defenceless it's fair game? Once again, an unborn child is a unique individual.

And what about the NY Daily News, almost daily reporting the murders of unwanted babies and children?
What about them??

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
For those who don't agree, Roe v. Wade happened for a reason back in 1973.
The United States should not be going backward, that was almost 50 years ago.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

to all those who are pro abortion, do you feel there should be any restrictions? Can we cut em up as they pop out, or perhaps a week after they pop out, or is that too late?

What do you feel is "too late"?

I definitely wouldn't call myself "pro abortion," as I'd like to live in a world where there were no abortions at all -- neither spontaneous nor induced.

But we don't live in that world, so I would return to the Colonial standard at the time of our founding, which allowed for abortions up until quickening (the point where the mother can feel movement) in accordance and respect for the 9th Amendment:

Ninth Amendment

Amendment IX The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Abortion in the early weeks was a right "retained by the people" at that time. I would probably split the difference between when the "heartbeat" is first heard and the "quickening", so about 14 weeks. I could accept up to 16 weeks. After that point, it would be between the doctor and patient in accordance with the health and welfare of both mother and child. Where possible, I would assume early termination via induced labor, giving both the child and mother a chance (miracles do happen), is the standard procedure. If not, I would make it the standard.

I would also do everything possible to make sure that all mothers had everything they needed to feel confident they would able to raise their child to adulthood OR take care of themselves for the duration of pregnancy in order to give the child up for adoption. (And it should be noted, several states already do make efforts to do so, some great efforts, others minimal effort, and some none at all.) I would also focus on job training of some kind, so that the mother and/or father will have marketable skills and can make a living for themselves, and are only dependent upon government/charity temporarily).

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

This world does not need one more unwanted child.

Who do you think you are to claim that?
edit on 30-9-2022 by PurpleFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tipulatedone
a reply to: Grenade

i mean should, for example the government have a say if you can or cant keep a baby.

The only people who should be discussing it (even if you believe it to be wrong) should be the parents right?

When the evil left wants to abort perfectly viable children, the would be deemed murder to some.

So yes, the government has to step in at some point.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

Congratulations!

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I am PRO LIVING CHILDREN

This world does not need one more unwanted child.

What is living Annee, a heartbeat? Even PETA gives unwanted pets a chance.

How about folks on a breathing machine, is it only children you want terminated if they cant live themselves?

How long have you hated kids that cant live without a machine?

edit on 9302022 by Butterfinger because: yep

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   

a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

Congratulations!

Thank you very much! We freaking love this kid!!! My wife and I will protect his life at all costs, until the day we die. We decided that long before we made him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join