It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: Annee

You guys there need to get universal healthcare...it's a must. By the way, your country's infant mortality rate is very high.

The United States has a mixture of government-run and private insurance.

As a result, in 2020, 66.5% of Americans had private health insurance, mostly from their employers. The government subsidizes private health insurance through Obamacare. Another 34.8% of Americans had public government coverage. This includes Medicaid, Medicare, Children's Health Insurance Program, and military coverage including the Veterans Administration. Only 8.6% had no coverage at all.31

All health care service providers, except for the VA, are private. Some democratic candidates have promoted universal health care under the title "Medicare for All."32

In 2019, health care cost 16.8% of GDP.21 That was a staggering US$10,948 per person.22 The infant mortality rate was 5.4%, significantly higher than that of countries such as Australia and Germany.25

www.thebalancemoney.com...

I know. On both issues

I find it so odd that those (percentage wise) of higher education in the cities are more supportive of social programs and universal health care than those in the south/midwest (Red States) -- who need it the most and have the highest percentage of usage.

They keep voting against their own best interests.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

You guys there need to get universal healthcare...it's a must. By the way, your country's infant mortality rate is very high.

As a result, in 2020, 66.5% of Americans had private health insurance, mostly from their employers. The government subsidizes private health insurance through Obamacare. Another 34.8% of Americans had public government coverage. This includes Medicaid, Medicare, Children's Health Insurance Program, and military coverage including the Veterans Administration. Only 8.6% had no coverage at all.31

All health care service providers, except for the VA, are private. Some democratic candidates have promoted universal health care under the title "Medicare for All."32

In 2019, health care cost 16.8% of GDP.21 That was a staggering US$10,948 per person.22 The infant mortality rate was 5.4%, significantly higher than that of countries such as Australia and Germany.25

I know. On both issues

I find it so odd that those (percentage wise) of higher education in the cities are more supportive of social programs and universal health care than those in the south/midwest (Red States) -- who need it the most and have the highest percentage of usage.

It's strange especially when infant mortality rates are high and nobody in those pro-life states seem to care.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I know. On both issues

It's strange especially when infant mortality rates are high and nobody in those pro-life states seem to care.

I know.

They're stuck in a cultural mindset. "My daddy was a Republican, I'm a Republican -- Yay! God"

I'm really looking forward to the Z generation in politics.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I know. On both issues

I know.

They're stuck in a cultural mindset. "My daddy was a Republican, I'm a Republican -- Yay! God"

I think the game changer will be the advancement of the artificial womb, but ethical debates will still be there as some women may not want their genetic material 'out there' so will still want the option of abortion.

philosophynow.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I know. On both issues

I know.

I think the game changer will be the advancement of the artificial womb, but ethical debates will still be there as some women may not want their genetic material 'out there' so will still want the option of abortion.

philosophynow.org...

I'm not a fan of ethical stupidity (meaning going overboard for illogical reasons).

I remember a discussion (long time ago) -- a scientist talking about UFOs, etc.

He said he was not allowed to say anything that would upset God believers.

Any report he turned in -- ended up having to be edited so as not to upset certain groups of people.

To me science should be fact reality. It should not be whitewashed.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I know. On both issues

I know.

philosophynow.org...

I'm not a fan of ethical stupidity (meaning going overboard for illogical reasons).

Any report he turned in -- ended up having to be edited so as not to upset certain groups of people.

So what are you saying? That the women who would still choose abortion instead of opting for the incubator because they want privacy or not having their genetic material out there should still be allowed to abort because they should have that right?

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
a reply to: quintessentone
In my honest opinion, the absolute worst thing one human can do to another is not premeditated killing.
It is the act of causing TOTAL loss of ability, making them unable to do anything, including walking, talking, and even thinking and feeling.
The act of causing the total, irreversible disability of another human being.
Removing from them every opportunity, every thought, every feeling they may have ever had.

I agree but it's at the expense of another person, whether it be taking away their basic human rights, mental and/or physical health, or putting them in a position of dire hardship for life.

Please explain.
In 99% of abortion cases is was a freely made decision to try and reproduce.
How can anyone justify causing the total, irreversible disability of another human based on such a simple decision, they freely made and now regret.

So something has to change drastically so new life can have a chance and human rights remain intact.

Again, in 99% of abortion cases, the only rights being being removed are from the human who's life is being taken.

Nothing is being done by prolife government to put in place support and systems to help women carry to term. Why is that? To me it's obvious they don't really care about the health and/or quality of that person's life nor the child's life after the fact.

Agreed to a point.
More time and money also needs to be spent on education. Some of the most basic facts are not being taught or they are just being down right ignored, as can be seen throughout this thread.
Terms like "clump of cells" and "potential human" are just a couple.

edit on 10-11-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I know. On both issues

I know.

philosophynow.org...

So what are you saying? That the women who would still choose abortion instead of opting for the incubator because they want privacy or not having their genetic material out there should still be allowed to abort because they should have that right?

Billions and Billions of dollars have been spent to stop women from being autonomous with their body and reproduction rights.

Justify that.

I'm just not a fan of stupid.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

We humans tend to ignore the more negative aspects of life because we feel we have no control or a sense of hopelessness.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I know. On both issues

I know.

philosophynow.org...

Billions and Billions of dollars have been spent to stop women from being autonomous with their body and reproduction rights.

Justify that.

The thing is when and if they will be able to transfer an embryo/zygote to the incubator it may then be deemed viable at any stage within the womb, therefore personhood may be introduced. So who knows what will happen to women's bodily rights if this becomes a reality.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I know. On both issues

I know.

philosophynow.org...

Justify that.

The thing is when and if they will be able to transfer an embryo/zygote to the incubator it may then be deemed viable at any stage within the womb, therefore personhood may be introduced. So who knows what will happen to women's bodily rights if this becomes a reality.

You are responding to an absolute lie, in 99% of abortions.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I know. On both issues

I know.

philosophynow.org...

Justify that.

I've followed research on artificial wombs and male contraceptives. I think Finland/Netherlands is close to having an artificial womb.

Who would use an artificial womb?

You gonna force pregnant women to hand over their fetus rather than abort it?

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I know. On both issues

I know.

philosophynow.org...

Justify that.

We do that already with invitro fertilization, except they put the embryos in a woman's uterus. We're still a ways away from the artificial womb.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Rich people. Very, very rich people.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

IKR

Again -- I want to hear the justification of Billions and Billions of dollars spent to control women's uteruses.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 07:23 AM
link   

We humans tend to ignore the more negative aspects of life because we feel we have no control or a sense of hopelessness.

Yet, one of the MAJOR excuses I hear for abortions of convenience is all the negative aspects they will experience in life, if allowed to live. So they would be better off dead.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   

IKR

Again -- I want to hear the justification of Billions and Billions of dollars spent to control women's uteruses.

Because abortion is a multi billion dollar business.
Pro-death groups consistently spend more in lobbying and political contributions than pro-life groups.
Why is that?
To protect your "rights"??
lol, no.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I know. On both issues

I know.

philosophynow.org...

Justify that.

quintessen,
I believe you care for human life and want to protect it in a way.
I respect that.
Yet, I don't believe you understand the mindset of some in the pro-death camp.
They do not care about life (there is nothing special about human life to them).
They do not want "the right to choose".
They do not want "reproductive rights".
It is all about control, or the feeling they have of losing control.
All the want is the right to premeditate the killing of another human being.
They want the rights to another humans entire being for convenience and control, in 99% of cases.
These people will not be happy with ANY other solution.
This is the main reason I take the stance I do.

Abortion is the premeditated, violent killing of another human being for convenience, in 99% of cases.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Sure.
You know what else is multi-billion-dollar business? Anything kids! Medical care, diapers and formula, cribs, onesies, car seats and secret nanny cams. Bouncy castles, Little league sports, dance class, SUVs, Ranch style homes in the suburbs and theme parks! School boards, libraries, free lunches, chem labs, marching bands and football coaches.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Sure.
You know what else is multi-billion-dollar business? Anything kids! Medical care, diapers and formula, cribs, onesies, car seats and secret nanny cams. Bouncy castles, Little league sports, dance class, SUVs, Ranch style homes in the suburbs and theme parks! School boards, libraries, free lunches, chem labs, marching bands and football coaches.

Just kill 'em so you won't be inconvenienced.
Thanks for driving my point home.
edit on 11-11-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join