It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Quadrivium

Let me perfunctory clear.

This is not a child. This is not a newborn, This is not a toddler.

It is a human being.
Just like the newborn, the toddler and the child. They are ALL human beings, just at different stages of their life-cycles.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Thats what human beings look like at that stage

That's what a potential human being looks like.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   

This is not an Oak Tree.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

"Speak what you know" -- otherwise you sound ignorant.

I actually agree with you here. Perhaps it is time for you to stop talking about killing human beings, for convenience.

It is not the fact that they were atheist, it is their mindset. The way they viewed human existence.
How there is "nothing special" about human life. How there is no "sanctity" to human life.
You said these things.
This is how I was comparing them to you.
You think, according to "your truth" that:

We don't need to pump out an entire farm crew to save the crops.

Nor do we need to pump out multiples to ensure one or two survives -- due to modern medicine, vaccinations, etc.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Pump out" what Anne?
Say it....
Children/human beings.
You are talking about killing human beings because you do not BELIEVE they are needed.
That is backwards and Sadistic.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
That is what a human being at the beginning of their life-cycle looks like.
It is EXACTLY how you looked at that stage of YOUR life.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   

This is not an Oak Tree.

Did I say it was an adult human being??

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   

As I've said, It's all "human".
Also, I've always advocated for (human) fetal viability to be the defining threshold.

edit on 24-10-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium

I actually agree with you here. Perhaps it is time for you to stop talking about killing human beings, for convenience.

It is not the fact that they were atheist, it is their mindset. The way they viewed human existence.
How there is "nothing special" about human life. How there is no "sanctity" to human life.
You said these things.

Nor do we need to pump out multiples to ensure one or two survives -- due to modern medicine, vaccinations, etc.

"Pump out" what Anne?
Say it....
Children/human beings.
You are talking about killing human beings because you do not BELIEVE they are needed.

LIVING CHILDREN -- THIS WORLD DOES NOT NEED ONE MORE UNWANTED CHILD

Overall, 5.6 million children under age five died in 2016, nearly 15,000 daily (World Health Organization [WHO], 2016).

The risk of a child dying before five years of age is highest in Africa (76.5 per 1000 live births), about 8 times higher than in Europe (9.6 per 1000 live births) (WHO, 2016).

Approximately 3.1 million children die from undernutrition each year (UNICEF, 2018a).

Hunger and undernutrition contribute to more than half of global child deaths, as undernutrition can make children more vulnerable to illness and exacerbate disease (UNICEF, 2018a).

Children who are poorly nourished suffer up to 160 days of illness each year (Glicken, M.D., 2010).

Undernutrition magnifies the effect of every disease including measles and malaria. The estimated proportions of deaths in which undernutrition is an underlying cause are roughly similar for diarrhea (61%), malaria (57%), pneumonia (52%), and measles (45%) (Black, Morris, & Bryce, 2003; Bryce et al., 2005). Malnutrition can also be caused by diseases, such as the diseases that cause diarrhea, by reducing the body’s ability to convert food into usable nutrients (Black, Morris, & Bryce, 2003; Bryce et al., 2005)

66 million primary school-age children attend classes hungry across the developing world, 23 million whom live in Africa, which greatly impacts their ability to learn (World Food Programme [WFP], 2012).

YOUR PIDDLY LITTLE UNWANTED ZYCOTE MEANS SQUAT.

THERE'S A LARGER PICTURE.

I find your whole premise ridiculous and petty in the scope of overall humanity.

edit on 24-10-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 06:02 PM
link   

As I've said, It's all "human".
Also, I've always advocated for (human) fetal viability to be the defining threshold.

What is your point?
Seriously?
Let me guess, you think, somehow a picture of an acorn proves your point in some way?
Na, gotta be something else because you are getting ready to prove my point, yet again.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

You said these things.

"Pump out" what Anne?
Say it....
Children/human beings.

Overall, 5.6 million children under age five died in 2016, nearly 15,000 daily (World Health Organization [WHO], 2016).

The risk of a child dying before five years of age is highest in Africa (76.5 per 1000 live births), about 8 times higher than in Europe (9.6 per 1000 live births) (WHO, 2016).

Approximately 3.1 million children die from undernutrition each year (UNICEF, 2018a).

Hunger and undernutrition contribute to more than half of global child deaths, as undernutrition can make children more vulnerable to illness and exacerbate disease (UNICEF, 2018a).

Children who are poorly nourished suffer up to 160 days of illness each year (Glicken, M.D., 2010).

Undernutrition magnifies the effect of every disease including measles and malaria. The estimated proportions of deaths in which undernutrition is an underlying cause are roughly similar for diarrhea (61%), malaria (57%), pneumonia (52%), and measles (45%) (Black, Morris, & Bryce, 2003; Bryce et al., 2005). Malnutrition can also be caused by diseases, such as the diseases that cause diarrhea, by reducing the body’s ability to convert food into usable nutrients (Black, Morris, & Bryce, 2003; Bryce et al., 2005)

66 million primary school-age children attend classes hungry across the developing world, 23 million whom live in Africa, which greatly impacts their ability to learn (World Food Programme [WFP], 2012).

I find your whole premise ridiculous and petty in the scope of overall humanity.

Like I said, you have the same Sadistic, backwards mindset of those dictators I listed, based on YOUR beliefs of who should live and who should die.
You show it more and more with every post.
You think you are god.
You think you KNOW how someone's life will be, therefore they should never be born.
Regardless of your beliefs, you can not possibly know how one individuals life could turn out.
You have the exact same mindset.
It is NOT your place to decide who lives and who dies.
You are no better than Hitler or Mao if you think it is.

You are actually justifying genocide based on your thought process.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES
You tell em bud!
They won't admit it, but it can clearly be seen they have their own "belief system " that in contrary to science and simple biology.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Na, gotta be something else because you are getting ready to prove my point, yet again.

The point is philosophical. You know it and you've said an much yourself by invoking "human being vs being human". It's never been a biological argument for me, it's all "human" life. It's a "personhood" argument, and it always has been. A zygote is a potential person / human being.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   

You said these things.

"Pump out" what Anne?
Say it....
Children/human beings.

Like I said, you have the same Sadistic, backwards mindset of those dictators I listed, based on YOUR beliefs of who should live and who should die.
You think you are god.
You think you KNOW how someone's life will be, therefore they should never be born.
Regardless of your beliefs, you can not possibly know how one individuals life could turn out.

YOU do not value life.

You focus on a creation process.

But you do not value life.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
And you did it.
You proved my point, once again.
Follow along closely, please.
You showed a photo of what you said was a human embryo and said "this isn't a child".

You showed a photo of an acorn with "is this an oak tree"?

You have NO understanding of the concepts you are trying to use.
The picture of the human embryo, is a picture of a human being at the BEGINNING of their life-cycle.
The photo of the acorn is an OAK at the BEGINNING of it's life cycle.
Here is the IMPORTANT part:
When you posted the photo of the acorn and asked "is this an oak tree", would have been the same as you posting the photo of the embryo and asking "is this A MAN OR WOMAN?" aka adult human being?
Regardless, the acorn is an oak.
A human embryo is a human being.
You can't get past the point of "being human".
Now it seems "being an oak TREE" as well.
We have STAGES to out life-cycles.
You change at EVERY SINGLE STAGE.
Are we static in our growth?
Are we from day one fully grown and mature?
If not, are we human beings up to that point?
Your argument is nonsensical and foolish.

edit on 24-10-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   

You said these things.

"Pump out" what Anne?
Say it....
Children/human beings.

You think you are god.

YOU do not value life.

Of course I do.
I believe life is worth living because I was scheduled for an abortion.
I can tell you from my experiences, my truth.
I would have rather lived than never be given the chance.
That may be hard for you but you didn't care the first time I told you either.

Abortion is the premeditated, violent killing of another human being for convenience in 99% of cases.

You are the one with the sadistic outlook on human life, not me.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   

You said these things.

"Pump out" what Anne?
Say it....
Children/human beings.

You think you are god.

YOU do not value life.

Of course I do.

Abortion is the premeditated, violent killing of another human being for convenience in 99% of cases.

NO -- you don't.

You are a phony -- just like all the other pro-life zealots.

Life -- the LIVING -- are not of more value to you then a clump of cells.

edit on 24-10-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You said these things.

"Pump out" what Anne?
Say it....
Children/human beings.

You think you are god.

YOU do not value life.

Of course I do.

NO -- you don't.

Because they are not "just a clump of cells".
They are living, individual human beings.
Thet are being killed because of someone else's bad decisions, in 99% of cases.

You on the other hand, have a sadistic and outdated outlook. Youbelieve they should NEVER be given a chance to live their lives because "you know best".
You are trying to be the judge, jury and exocutioner of human beings that have done nothing wrong.

Eta:
They are no more "just a clump of cells" than you are, Anne.
As I said, looking back, I can say with 100% certainly, I am glad they found my heartbeat before going through with the dnc.
I actually was one heartbeat away from being killed in the womb.
Me.

edit on 24-10-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   

You said these things.

"Pump out" what Anne?
Say it....
Children/human beings.

You think you are god.

YOU do not value life.

Of course I do.

NO -- you don't.

You on the other hand, have a sadistic and outdated outlook. Youbelieve they should NEVER be given a chance to live their lives because "you know best".
You are trying to be the judge, jury and exocutioner of human beings that have done nothing wrong.

No, they are a clump of cells like a parasite that can't exist without its host.

You're the sadistic one -- forcing a life unwanted for your own self-righteousness.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 08:09 PM
link   

You said these things.

"Pump out" what Anne?
Say it....
Children/human beings.

You think you are god.

YOU do not value life.

Of course I do.

NO -- you don't.

No, they are a clump of cells like a parasite that can't exist without its host.

You're the sadistic one -- forcing a life unwanted for your own self-righteousness.

Negative.
They are human beings.
Are you a human being, Anne?
Why?
What makes you one and not them?
Your mind has been traumatized.
It is easier for you to view them as trash, inconsequential, less than human because of "YOUR TRUTH".
That does not change the fact that they are human beings and abortion IS the premeditated killing of another human being for convenience, in 99% of cases.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join