It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

"But a fertilized egg is not an individual. An embryo is not an individual. A fetus is not an individual. A newborn baby is an individual".
This is completely false.

No, it isn't.

An individual human being has been born, and is no longer attached to its mother. It no longer relies on her heartbeat, her blood and oxygen for life support. Until then, it's not an individual human being. It's an individual organism that has the potential of becoming an individual human being.

They are ALL the same distinct individual human being.

That single cell zygote is long gone. As gone as your daddy's sperm. As gone as your mama's ovum.

You are not your zygote. "You" are something else, something more, something that is still becoming.

edit on 6-10-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

An individual human being has been born, and is no longer attached to its mother. It no longer relies on her heartbeat, her blood and oxygen for life support. Until then, it's not an individual human being. It's an individual organism that has the potential of becoming an individual human being.

LIVING CHILD

Can suck on a bottle or other.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
a reply to: Annee

I try to remember to state Fundamentalist (which covers all beliefs).

Including your own?

My own what?

Are there anti-abortion/pro-life atheists? Yes. Probably not a lot.

However, atheism has no belief system. It is simply "lack of belief in a god" -- each atheist chooses their own philosophy.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

My opinion on it is not a religious one, it's a factual one. An unborn child is a distinct and separate person from the mother and it's wrong to kill an unborn child that is viable. That is not religion, it is a fact.

I agree it's up to the mother and I insist it should not be political.

No matter how many times I repeat my true felling on it though, people still try and make it political or religious. That's on them, not me.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Blaine91555

I'm flat-out saying it should not be a political issue since it's an issue of morality based on each person's own views.

That's the way it was before, when the right to choose was a civil right, before SCOTUS ripped that right, to choose based on her own personal views, from women. Now, that choice is in the hands of politicians, making abortion a political issue.

That's bad.

Roe vs Wade was not political.
You have your fingers crossed behind your back right?

All the decision did was leave it up to the states and make it more local which was in fact Constitutional. The SCOTUS was right and obviously so. Only people spreading propaganda say otherwise. In some states, it will be easier than it was and in others, it will be harder than it was.

Does it bother you at all that right after the latest decision, some politicians tried to say that SCOTUS outlawed abortion? They flat-out lied and lied over and over again. They lie so much now that people think it's OK to lie. For me it just makes them scum.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

My opinion on it is not a religious one, it's a factual one. An unborn child is a distinct and separate person from the mother and it's wrong to kill an unborn child that is viable. That is not religion, it is a fact.

No matter how many times I repeat my true felling on it though, people still try and make it political or religious. That's on them, not me.

LIVING CHILDREN -- of which there are millions -- need food, care, education, love, shelter, medical, etc.

This world does not need one more unwanted child for any reason.

That is a fact.

edit on 6-10-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

You really need to read all the posts in the thread as I have already answered your question in my last post.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The US Supreme Court could have left Roe vs Wade alone.

It was sitting there minding its own business. Doing its thing.

We all know why they went after it.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Roe vs Wade was not political.

Overturning Roe was a political move.

All the decision did was leave it up to the states and make it more local which was in fact Constitutional.

Sigh, more gaslighting...

All the decision did was take away a constitutional right, that the people had retained for the no less than 50 years, for the 1st time in US history. SCOTUS has expanded constitutional rights, it's limited constitutional rights, but it has never revoked a constitutional right before.

Does it bother you at all that right after the latest decision, some politicians tried to say that SCOTUS outlawed abortion?

It bothers me that they wrongly dertermine that there exists no right to an abortion, for any reason, at any time, for any woman at any age, under the jurisdiction of the USA.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   

An unborn child is a distinct and separate person from the mother and it's wrong to kill an unborn child that is viable.

Who, again, is advocating for that?
Where, and under what circumstances is this happening.

Please provise an actual case or cases where this is happening.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   
FACTS

* An estimated 153 million children worldwide are orphans (UNICEF)

* Worldwide, there are 168 million child laborers, accounting for almost 11% of children.

* 263 million children and youth are out of school,

* There are 69 million children worldwide who suffer from malnutrition.

* Nearly half of all deaths in children under the age of 5 can be attributed to undernutrition, resulting in the unnecessary loss of about 3 million young lives a year.

* Leading causes of death in under-5 year olds are birth complications, pneumonia, birth asphyxia, diarrhea and malaria. About 45% of child deaths are linked to malnutrition.

* Children represent roughly a third of the world's population but account for almost half of all people living in extreme poverty.

* An unprecedented 68.5 million people have been forced from their homes. Among them are nearly 25.4 million refugees, over half of whom are children.

* 10,000 unaccompanied migrant children are missing in Europe.

* There are over 250 million children living in countries affected by conflict.

www.sos-usa.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

You are completely correct.

Well, at least you're honest. Unbelievable that you would admit you believe parents have the right to murder their 3 year old children,

and considering I have several genetic conditions

a) if that is true, then you should simply have yourself fixed so you don't risk getting pregnant, and
b) genetic markers are simply pre-dispositions, and considering everything that has been learned about epigenetics, even people suffering from active genetic conditions can sometimes (often?) reverse their conditions by causing the defective genes to deactivate.

I know you would pitch a fit if some Governmental or State Agency told you how to raise YOUR child without your approval or consent in the matter.

Yes, but there is a difference between decisions regarding how I raise my children, and murdering them.

Also for the record I am staunchly opposed to pregnancy terminations past a certain time frame

Yes, but what time frame? Who decides? Based on what?

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Thank you for making such wonderful "suggestions" based on your assumptions about my Life and Situation.

First off, it was assumed I was sterile due to various severe yeast infections I had in my youth that spread to my reproductive organs.

I still practiced safe sex whenever I engaged in a consensual environment not wanting to engage in risky behavior.

The only times I got pregnant was when I was drugged by someone I thought I had a trusting relationship with and he decided to impregnate me a a show of dominance. Nothing more. He was psychologically abusive and a violent alcoholic and I was trying to break things off with him right before he drugged and impregnated me without my consent so I couldn't leave him.

Great guy. /s

Eight weeks when I had the procedure done.

The second time I was with my Husband, and our prefered method of contraception failed. That 1% risk. I was ready to carry to term until certain factors began asserting themselves, violent cramps, heavy bleeding, my body was actively trying to abort and I had to seek medical attention due to the severity of the symptoms.

It was not an easy decision, but it had to happen.

Again, eight weeks at the time of the procedure.

My husband and I have not consummated in over nine years because we don't want to risk another unintentional pregnancy, even with the use of multiple contraceptive methods.

But thanks for the advice to hack up my own body and remove my organs.

Apparently that's acceptable because I'm a grown woman with no autonomy in your worldview.

A 8 week old fetus contributes NOTHING close to what I contribute to society, but you think it's rights supercede mine.

You're sick in the head and a moral perversionist.

Go gaslight someone else with your inane viewpoints.

And for the record, as Roe vs Wade was originally written and upheld, abortions were not allowed past the First Trimester, based on the brains development to the point of a Fetus being able to develop sentience.

Does that answer who is educated on this matter and who is just rambling off dictates based on PERSONAL FEELINGS and steadfast IGNORANCE?

I bet you're a man, aren't you?

edit on 10/6/22 by GENERAL EYES because: spelling, clarity

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Virtue singling, but more or less from the right side of the political spectrum. Sure, some may mean well, but often or not it just out self proclamation, where it not their problem after. Then they will bitch an moan, about kids these days, an where the parents. Then the biblical plagues come in cause it wasn’t out of wedlock, causing famines, an wars.

It tough complicated subject, where both sexes should have a gun to their head, an be forced together until death kill them both. Would make everyone think twice about having sex with crazy, and giving birth thanks to stupid!

You have any idea how many bastard children, try calling me Daddy?!? Last time I checked, I didn’t plow their mother fields!!!
edit on 6-10-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Sigh, more gaslighting...

You're the one gaslighting...

All the decision did was take away a constitutional right,

Nope... never happened...

Proof?

The right to keep and bear arms is a Constitutionally protected Right. It is specified by the 2nd Amendment to the constitution.

By all means, if you claim that there is some kind of Constitutional Right to an abortion, please provide the Article:Section:Clause of the Constitution, or the Amendment to the Constitution where this protection is specified.

It bothers me that they wrongly dertermine that there exists no right to an abortion, for any reason, at any time, for any woman at any age, under the jurisdiction of the USA.

Yeah - except they didn't say that... at all... anywhere.

If you claim they did, by all means, please quote the text of their opinion that says anything even remotely resembling this.

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   
So, you're saying.... what exactly?

We should murder them all?

originally posted by: Annee
FACTS

* Worldwide, there are 168 million child laborers, accounting for almost 11% of children.

* Nearly half of all deaths in children under the age of 5 can be attributed to undernutrition, resulting in the unnecessary loss of about 3 million young lives a year.

* Leading causes of death in under-5 year olds are birth complications, pneumonia, birth asphyxia, diarrhea and malaria. About 45% of child deaths are linked to malnutrition.

* Children represent roughly a third of the world's population but account for almost half of all people living in extreme poverty.

* An unprecedented 68.5 million people have been forced from their homes. Among them are nearly 25.4 million refugees, over half of whom are children.

www.sos-usa.org...

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   

You're the one gaslighting...

Please. Troll!

Go back to contemplating your navel. I'm not playing your game.

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
So, you're saying.... what exactly?

We should murder them all?

FACTS

www.sos-usa.org...

Second the Troll.

Are you that clueless?

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

LIVING CHILDREN -- of which there are millions -- need food, care, education, love, shelter, medical, etc.

This world does not need one more unwanted child for any reason.

That is a fact.

I won't argue with that. I don't think abortion for convenience is the cure for what ails the world though. Education is.

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Overturning Roe was a political move.

You replied to sarcasm prompted by a previous post. I meant it like you are not seriously saying Roe is not political. My bad for assuming my use of
would be understood.

All that happened was control was returned to the states. You do understand that right? People need to deal with it at a state level now. Make changes in the voting booth. Abortion was not outlawed as the partisan propagandists claim. They are lying.

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join