It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Notabot12345666

Up until lately it was stupid to think people would “abort” a baby that was just born, yet here we are.

Just lately? Really? What changed? Where did this change happen and how? Who is advocating for this?

Examples, facts, new legislation, proposed legislation that proves people are advocating to “abort” a baby that was just born".

Otherwise, cool fictional story.

I’m happy to educate you. Here is Governor Ralph Northram proposing that exact legislation.
Welcome to the good guys side, Sookie.
edit on 4-10-2022 by Notabot12345666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Well, there's some misinformation in there, let's get it straight. And from the article I posted below, one thing is right - the decision should be between the woman and her doctor, legislators should keep out of it.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

The governors words from his own mouth is misinformation?

I guess he should have run it by you and CBS first.

What did CBS say about Jussie Smollett? Russiagate?
I seem to remember CBS telling me Trump would get us in a nuclear war with Russia.
edit on 4-10-2022 by Notabot12345666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: rounda

a reply to: Annee

Approximately 30 hours after fertilization, a zygote produces two cells.

Which is more complex than the most basic definition of life, a single celled bacteria.

By all scientific reasoning, life starts at conception.

Good for you. Can't drink from a bottle.

LIVING CHILDREN need food, love, care, shelter, education, medical, and a lot more.

What does a bottle have to do with life?

That's a downright ridiculous argument. By that logic, premature babies who need to be fed through feeding tube or IV aren't living babies.

NO -- it's not.

It shows immediately need.

Not the potential of something months away.

Yes, it is ridiculous.

A baby in the womb has needs too, hence the billions of dollars spent every year on prenatal care.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Which is more complex than the most basic definition of life, a single celled bacteria.

LIVING CHILDREN need food, love, care, shelter, education, medical, and a lot more.

That's a downright ridiculous argument. By that logic, premature babies who need to be fed through feeding tube or IV aren't living babies.

NO -- it's not.

Yes, it is ridiculous.

A baby in the womb has needs too, hence the billions of dollars spent every year on prenatal care.

Why does the US have the highest infant mortality rate?
The U.S. infant mortality rate is consistently higher than in other developed countries. Research indicates that socioeconomic inequality in the United States is likely a primary contributor to its higher infant mortality rate.

www.americashealthrankings.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If my wife chooses not to work, and is 100% dependent on me to sustain life, does that give me the right to beat her?

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

NO -- it's not.

Yes, it is ridiculous.

The U.S. infant mortality rate is consistently higher than in other developed countries. Research indicates that socioeconomic inequality in the United States is likely a primary contributor to its higher infant mortality rate.

www.nichd.nih.gov...

Having a healthy pregnancy is one of the best ways to promote a healthy birth. Getting early and regular prenatal care improves the chances of a healthy pregnancy.

So a baby in the womb has immediate needs, you admit it, right?

Which means your argument about a bottle is complete nonsense...

So...
edit on 4-10-2022 by rounda because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: rounda

It’s not a wife. It’s a parasitic clump of cells. I know “clump” is a strange word for a follower of $cience to use but it is what it is.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notabot12345666

It’s not a wife. It’s a parasitic clump of cells. I know “clump” is a strange word for a follower of $cience to use but it is what it is.

Just want to make sure I get the rules straight.

I will concede that if I can beat my parasitic clump of cells whenever I want, she can abort her parasitic clump of cells whenever she wants.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Just want to make sure I get the rules straight.

😂 I just got the image of Sisyphus pushing a rock up a hill. Good luck. 👍

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

a reply to: quintessentone

The governors words from his own mouth is misinformation?

I guess he should have run it by you and CBS first.

What did CBS say about Jussie Smollett? Russiagate?
I seem to remember CBS telling me Trump would get us in a nuclear war with Russia.

Why not learn about real women's experiences regarding third trimester abortion and reversing Roe v. Wade will only force more women to have to travel across state lines to be forced to have a third trimester abortion.

theconversation.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Not true. Babies can see their own limbs and reflections, they can appreciate a bottle in their mouth and quickly learn to ask for it. All of that happens before 6 months.

Fetuses can also sense when their bodies are being ripped to shreds

lozierinstitute.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Of course you'd pull that piece of disinformation out. Gov. Northam's statement and the bill he supported had absolutely nothing to do with post-birth abortions or murdering healthy new-borns or fetuses.

You're believing a distorted his meaning of his comment, when Governor Northam said:

“If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen,” Northam continued. “The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”

Northam isn't talking about abortion during labor here. He's talking about what actually happens, everyday, when a woman goes into labor and gives birth to baby that is "incompatible with life" and will suffer pain and be tortured with needles and tubes only to die.

He went on to say.

“When we talk about third-trimester abortions, these are done with the consent of obviously the mother, with the consent of the physician — more than one physician, by the way — and it’s done in cases where there may be severe deformities. There may be a fetus that’s non-viable.”

Northam was never talking about healthy fetuses being aborted or not resuscitated after birth.

This isn't a new problem or ethical dilemma.

Congenital birth defects, or chromosomal problems, are the second most common cause of loss at birth. Some of these conditions are "incompatible with life," meaning the baby can't survive more than a few days or (in rare cases) a few years without severe disabilities.
Parents may have also faced having to decide not to pursue intensive medical intervention after a birth in which doctors gave the baby a poor prognosis for survival.

LINK
There was a thread here a few years back, about the trauma nurses were going through attending to dying babies languishing in pain, some with no life support and no caring parents, because these babies were a lost cause. The parents had already said goodby and made their peace, sometimes insurance wouldn't pay to keep them alive.

Reference

Again, it has, for the past 50 years, been the purview of the individual states to determine if, when, why and how to deal with late term abortion where fetal anomalies are fatal to the newborn, but not the mother. This is one state's governor, who also happen to be a pediatric neurologist, advocating pre-birth abortion, to help alleviate the parents', doctors' and nurses' emotional distress and grief in dealing with a born-alive, but dying, newborn in excruciating pain.

Many states already allow for this, but you're upset with Ralph Northam.

edit on 4-10-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to: Quadrivium
I do not think that your comparing such is even relevant, you may as well throw in they wont go to heaven and are going to go to hell, lol.

Sad to say but I have seen Wallaby mothers throw their joey's out to die when they are all starving during our droughts left to die, perhaps we could save these little fellas as well. All you good people worried about everyone else's business there are lots of starving and unwanted children in this world, shouldn't you all be starting here with the living? Or do you ignore such to focus on what other consenting individuals are doing. Bottom line it is a woman's choice at least in countries whose main industries are not military and or prison systems that do not actually work. I so hope we never get of this rock we are as a group to stupid.

edit on 4-10-2022 by marsend because: grrr

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I think it's amazing you are still standing by a psychological perspective that is no longer relevant outside of diehards to an earlier day and age.

Lead in the water and paint chips toughen a person up.

Damn kids and new scientific revelations.

Having different colored hair as an expression of personal aesthetics is such an ABOMINATION.

Next thing you know the Negroes will want to vote, amirite?

The horror of progress.

It's not like the Good Old Days when people knew their place in the Natural Order of things and died in their early 30s like Good God Fearing people.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   

NO -- it's not.

Yes, it is ridiculous.

www.nichd.nih.gov...

Having a healthy pregnancy is one of the best ways to promote a healthy birth. Getting early and regular prenatal care improves the chances of a healthy pregnancy.

So...

A BABY is a LIVING CHILD -- outside the womb.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   

NO -- it's not.

Yes, it is ridiculous.

www.nichd.nih.gov...

So...

What's your reasoning now that your ridiculous arguments have been demonstrably proven wrong?

Lemme guess, no rationale, just pure emotional rage that *your* body isn't *your* body anymore once it houses a child, at which point every biological system in *your* body begins working to keep the baby alive?

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Not true. Babies can see their own limbs and reflections, they can appreciate a bottle in their mouth and quickly learn to ask for it. All of that happens before 6 months.

Fetuses can also sense when their bodies are being ripped to shreds

lozierinstitute.org...

WOW!!!

Charlotte Denman Lozier would be turning in her grave if she knew what they did to her legacy.

I know I would be after reading her Wiki page.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   

NO -- it's not.

Yes, it is ridiculous.

www.nichd.nih.gov...

So...

What's your reasoning now that your ridiculous arguments have been demonstrably proven wrong?

Lemme guess, no rationale, just pure emotional rage that *your* body isn't *your* body anymore once it houses a child, at which point every biological system in *your* body begins working to keep the baby alive?

Says YOU?

LOL

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   

NO -- it's not.

Yes, it is ridiculous.

www.nichd.nih.gov...

So...

Says YOU?

LOL

Says me what?

I'm giving you the opportunity to formulate another ridiculous argument I can tear apart.

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join