It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Making Significant Gains in Eastern Counter-Offensive

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Afinity99

No actual answers to any questions then?

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

No but a detailed description of how they clean their backside which is surely as good, right?

I think hysterical might have been a good description.

edit on 10-9-2022 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Just because I didn't get as many as expected doesn't mean I got none. The results are obviously highly filtered, but there is still clearly many MSM articles claiming that Ukraine was winning at a time when they were losing territory. We also had these discussions on ATS as I have shown. Now I'm done having this pointless debate because none of us are ever going to change our opinion on this matter.
edit on 10/9/2022 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The Russian defence ministry are now explaining that they are bugging out of certain areas(happens to be the same areas under attack by the Ukes)-

"In order to achieve the goals of the special military operation, a decision was made to regroup troops in the areas of Balakliya and Izyum in order to build up efforts in the Donetsk direction," the Russian military statement said

www.businessinsider.com... IR=T

Official Russian Defecnce Ministry spokesman-
twitter.com...

A pretty huge morale boost for the Ukrainians,and another embarassment for the Kremlin.
I must admit I would not have thought it possible at the start of the conflict.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

You got your answers but you are so pro Ukrainian that you see only Slava Kokaina and I can't help you.
For me things look different, Ucraine is the bad guy and is affecting us here in Europe and we took enough kitty littler from Zelinsky the comedian cat, we had enough of him, people are revolting inside Europe.

Ukraine for us is Rusian Leftover, we don't care about it, nor Ucraine cared about us when they robed us of our lands.
I don't have anything against civilians, they are just people so they are welcomed here in our countries feeling from the war. But that is it, sending weapons and squeezing your butt for them is not it.

Pay the price so Zelinsky can go rage on like this chimpanzee, we're sick of him here in Europe.
He had options to sign peace deals with reasonable escape clause for Ucraine, but the Brithish rushed in and said no no, don't sign like Britain is in the European Union.

People are growing more and more anti EU and anti NATO, they are on the verge of Revolt, Grece just went out.
The sharade will not hold with Biden and his plans.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Only five days left before Putin's deadline* to capture the entirety of Donbas. ⏱️🙃

Putin Gave Order To Capture Donetsk Region By September 15 - General Staff

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Afinity99

Su25
The first prototype made its maiden flight on 22 February 1975

Isn't an airplane made after the 90's better than this.
You clearly are trying to undermine posts with your sarcasm.

Point is made by me, Putin decided not to use anything and just make it a limited special operation.

Putin did the same in the Syrian operation. SU25 did the business and it may be old hat yet Russia has loads of them and bombs are ten a plenty from stock and the plane delivers them reasonably efficiently for an old Sovyet girl

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: WhatItIs

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
I've often wondered what Putin's military strategy was in Ukraine and i think i may have sussed it. He doesn't really want Ukraine at all. He wants to bankrupt the west, particularly the UK and The US.

Judging by what's going on both here in the UK and the US i think he might be winning. Financially, we are in the #ter.

It was never about taking over the entire country.

Putin has also increased his oil export revenue by over 40% and cut off most of Ukraine from the sea.
Seems like Vlad's doing just fine.

Loosing territory and loosing soldiers and military hardware while loosing territory is fine?

He's losing expendable mercenaries and antiquated military equipment...while earning hundreds of billions to rebuild his military with state-of-the-art.

if you think Russia will be fielding any new equipment please state what? is that the ammunition theyre desperate for from North Korea?

Russia is sacrificing their antiquated equipment as they modernize their military via the hundreds of billions they are now making from oil exports.

Even car dealerships know you have to clear the lot of old stock before buying new models.

As for ammunition from NK...you buy back antiquated ammo for antiquated delivery systems from those who still have that antiquated ammo designed for the antiquated systems you've already sold to them.

Rare you hear about a mig 35. It's rare you hear about even more advanced migs.
They are just not using them.

Which MIGs are brave Ukrainian farmers shooting down with shotguns?
I can't remember the Ukrainian article.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I've often wondered what Putin's military strategy was in Ukraine and i think i may have sussed it. He doesn't really want Ukraine at all. He wants to bankrupt the west, particularly the UK and The US.

Judging by what's going on both here in the UK and the US i think he might be winning. Financially, we are in the #ter.

Putin has also increased his oil export revenue by over 40% and cut off most of Ukraine from the sea.

Loosing territory and loosing soldiers and military hardware while loosing territory is fine?

He's losing expendable mercenaries and antiquated military equipment...while earning hundreds of billions to rebuild his military with state-of-the-art.

if you think Russia will be fielding any new equipment please state what? is that the ammunition theyre desperate for from North Korea?

Russia is sacrificing their antiquated equipment as they modernize their military via the hundreds of billions they are now making from oil exports.

Even car dealerships know you have to clear the lot of old stock before buying new models.

As for ammunition from NK...you buy back antiquated ammo for antiquated delivery systems from those who still have that antiquated ammo designed for the antiquated systems you've already sold to them.

That was on TV and 6 months ago when the war started, I honestly don't remember what specific mig it was.
The propaganda gear kicked in on main stream media and pro ucraine outlets inside Ucraine from the very start.

What I can tell you is me shaking my head and saying, so unreal so unreal, they think we were born the other day and came on the toilet chanel with a raft. What BS.

edit on 10-9-2022 by Afinity99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: ChaoticOrder
Exactly and they want this conflict to lost.

If the war ends now the profiting ends.

The US needs conflicts for its profits...

Yea I agree with you and Biden would be upset if the gas pipeline is opened back in Europe, he hates seeing happy Europeans showering in gas at home heating their homes.

He wants us to buy it from him at 5 times the cost, so Russia has to be this Evil entity for all of this to work.

My history might be a bit hazy but pretty sure showering in gas wasn't a good thing for Europeans.

It is good for the heater, for the stove, it is.
And Ursula Van - Der - Punkenstine says no, no shower, no electricity, no gas and Slava Ukraina.

I say Slava Kokaina and whatever because I don't care what she wants and Europeans will revolt.
I don't fight for Kokaina and Zelensky, she can go pick up a gun and die for him and Ucraine, we're not going to die for them nor starve.

I want to shower for a whole hour under boiling water with a full bath tub everyday and then clean my ass with hot water and shampoo. I don't care what she wants. REVOLT REVOLT, down with Vander Punk.

I don't care about Ucraine and the people of DON have rights over their land that Ukraine stole from them under the Soviet Union.

Dude Europe is about 80% stocked on Gas for this winter Russia isn't the only energy exporter in the world you know, it will accept the price cap or go bankrupt

China or India buying cheap energy wouldn't touch the sides of the EUs consumption, and lastly it would physical need more LNG ships than currently on the planet to ensure a stable supply, and the ones currently doing drips and drabs wont get insured and could end up getting boarded by Somalian pirates

You guys are dreamers

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The one that got shot down by a man-pad at the exact moment the farmer shot at it

Lets not get caught up in the... he said she said, lets acknowledge its a wonderful burning in a heap on the ground with hundreds of other Russian aircraft

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Yea I agree with you and Biden would be upset if the gas pipeline is opened back in Europe, he hates seeing happy Europeans showering in gas at home heating their homes.

He wants us to buy it from him at 5 times the cost, so Russia has to be this Evil entity for all of this to work.

My history might be a bit hazy but pretty sure showering in gas wasn't a good thing for Europeans.

And Ursula Van - Der - Punkenstine says no, no shower, no electricity, no gas and Slava Ukraina.

I say Slava Kokaina and whatever because I don't care what she wants and Europeans will revolt.
I don't fight for Kokaina and Zelensky, she can go pick up a gun and die for him and Ucraine, we're not going to die for them nor starve.

I want to shower for a whole hour under boiling water with a full bath tub everyday and then clean my ass with hot water and shampoo. I don't care what she wants. REVOLT REVOLT, down with Vander Punk.

I don't care about Ucraine and the people of DON have rights over their land that Ukraine stole from them under the Soviet Union.

Dude Europe is about 80% stocked on Gas for this winter Russia isn't the only energy exporter in the world you know, it will accept the price cap or go bankrupt

China or India buying cheap energy wouldn't touch the sides of the EUs consumption, and lastly it would physical need more LNG ships than currently on the planet to ensure a stable supply, and the ones currently doing drips and drabs wont get insured and could end up getting boarded by Somalian pirates

You guys are dreamers

You mean Germany and France, they are not everyone in Europe, there is 70 % and below I think.

Russia is the only affortable exporter of gas for Europe, America is not an option it costs X times the amount to get gas from them, they are not a solution.

Were not buying gas from America because it's not worth it, I'm not going to pay for a candy bar 100 dollars, that's absurd.
The Gas from America comes on ships, and you have to have a device to convert the gas to another form and that costs extra also.

So the pipe gas from Russia is already in the form it needs to be in and costs very little to tranfer on the pipe.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Su25
The first prototype made its maiden flight on 22 February 1975

Isn't an airplane made after the 90's better than this.
You clearly are trying to undermine posts with your sarcasm.

Point is made by me, Putin decided not to use anything and just make it a limited special operation.

Putin did the same in the Syrian operation. SU25 did the business and it may be old hat yet Russia has loads of them and bombs are ten a plenty from stock and the plane delivers them reasonably efficiently for an old Sovyet girl

LOL sure bombs are plenty especially those old soviet ones

The only problem is ... they're flying at tree level with a hand held map WITH ANCIENT DUMB BOMBS, don't you ever look at the ordinance on the wing tips?

They may as well call them dam-busters at this point lol, there is a very good reason the Russian air force is MIA, and it was just explained, hell they're even using Western GPS ffs which no doubt is getting spoofed like a poltergeist in the cockpit LMAO

Embarrassing really

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Not all need gas. Living in Scandinavia and being off the grid.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You guys are dreamers

You mean Germany and France, they are not everyone in Europe, there is 70 % and below I think.

Russia is the only affortable exporter of gas for Europe, America is not an option it costs X times the amount to get gas from them, they are not a solution.

Were not buying gas from America because it's not worth it, I'm not going to pay for a candy bar 100 dollars, that's absurd.

Hmm BS

Firstly 80% doesn't mean 80% of what they-ll use, its just their reserve capacity

Even with Nord Stream 1 CUTOFF, Europe would need to save 12 billion cubic meters of gas, the equivalent of 120 LNG tankers, to fill its storage levels by winter as of June 2022 to 80% -that is achieved before the November deadline probably why Russia shut it down, the markets is another issue entirely

Gas also comes by pipeline from Norway, North Africa and Azerbaijan, to Europe all ALL WHICH CAN BE INCREASED and is being increased, including LNG from Qatar and the USA

Azerbaijan currently exports around 8 billion cubic metres of gas to the EU per year. Under the new agreement, the country is expected to increase its gas exports to the EU within the framework of the Southern Gas Corridor to 20 billion cubic metres by 2027, and up to 12 billion cubic metres by 2023

So while its certainly going to be very difficult if its a very bad winter, which is pretty rare these days tbh, its not the end, its just going to collapse Russia completely should they not abide by the energy cap and do as their told, because Europe is Russia premium market, but Russia isn't Europes premium exporter, Azerbaijan can completely muscle Russia out, its gas fields are actually a lot closer

Its really not a one way street like people think it is, its just so sudden which is the main short term problem but definitely not a long term one, the long term problem is definitely on Russia losing its premium market especially if somebody hasn't offed the bloke by then, seen how many Russia energy CEOs are falling out windows lately? go check? they aint stupid, well they're dead no but

edit on 10-9-2022 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Triton yes for sure I can appreciate that the SU 25 is old hat. Yet it works well for the Russians
and delivers its payload

At this moment in time Ukraine is playing its hand and advanced a few miles into Russian zones, yet Moscow still controls a area roughly the size of England and if needs be can call on the CSTO to make a break for defence of the union.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

But they can't fly because they get shot down?

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   

You guys are dreamers

Hmm BS

Even with Nord Stream 1 CUTOFF, Europe would need to save 12 billion cubic meters of gas, the equivalent of 120 LNG tankers, to fill its storage levels by winter as of july

Gas also comes by pipeline from Norway, North Africa and Azerbaijan, to Europe all ALL WHICH CAN BE INCREASED and is being increased, including LNG from Qatar and the USA

Azerbaijan currently exports around 8 billion cubic metres of gas to the EU per year. Under the new agreement, the country is expected to increase its gas exports to the EU within the framework of the Southern Gas Corridor to 20 billion cubic metres by 2027, and up to 12 billion cubic metres by 2023

So while its certainly going to be very difficult if its a very bad winter, which is pretty rare these days tbh, its not the end, its just going to collapse Russia completely should they not abide by the energy cap and do as their told, its not a one way street like people think it is, its just called propaganda and a dampening effect when its winter and its nowhere near as bad as we've made out, so people are happy to keep watching Ukraine beat the snort out of Russia round the Christmas dinner table

Do you have any idea how much it costs to ship gas on a fairy boat or a frigate transport ship, and then the gas needs to be converted and that is additional cost.

Rest of the providers are more expensive, and the pipe line characteristics are limited.
Really Russia is the only provider of gas that is cheap and realiable.

You think it's so easy, once the gas price go's off so do the people go off in the streets I take it.

As this article states

Last year, the country exported 18.9 bcm of natural gas, including 8.5 bcm to Türkiye and 8.2 bcm to Europe, via the Trans-Adriatic Pipeline (TAP), a European section of the Southern Gas Corridor, data from the ministry shows

So it shiped more to Turkey than the rest of Europe combined, meaning it's very little gas and not sufficient and at a higher price.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Lost, then?

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   

The one that got shot down by a man-pad at the exact moment the farmer shot at it

Why is the old fella being given a medal for heroism by the glorious Ukrainian state?

Now, the State Border Service has honoured the pensioner and hailed his 'heroism' and awarded him a medal.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join