It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many men have no clue

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: DashVol
a reply to: visitedbythem

Yes, you're also going to kill millions of raped children along with all the women you despise and yet none of the men who caused each and every pregnancy will face any responsibility.

As Ohio restricts abortions, 10-year-old girl travels to Indiana for procedure

You shouldnt despise the children in the Womb.

Not despise, but that ten year old's body and psyche are nowhere ready for being forced into a pregnancy and child. If this child wants it "gone" to help the healing then that is the highest thought.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: optimisticcontrarian
a reply to: schuyler

And for the record, abortion is not "civilized."

This...........this a thousand times!

Is it civilized when the mother has an ectopic pregnancy?

Yes or no, or oh is that different?

Is it civilized to force a 12 year old to give birth and break her body?

Is it civilized to force a woman to carry a child that has no chance of survival?

Hey I'm sensing some aggresive sexism here ! Stop it !
Not once have you shown any concern for the birthing person with the c*ck ! Ignorance can no longer be bliss in todays world so yo might want to brush up a few things.
jus' sayin'.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The key is not to tell the man until the window has passed, unless you want him involved.

Sometimes you have to be cutthroat about things to protect yourself.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: igloo
Stop the nonsense
Progressive logic is nonsense

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: dawnstar

Money, now... it takes very little money to really raise a child.
School supplies... stock up on that one week per year when Walmart puts all the basic school supplies on sale.

TheRedneck

As a woman whose husband permanently abandoned her with two toddlers (no child support) I can tell you that my children lived in poverty due to my minimum wage income. He chose to become a homeless drug addict so it was pointless to pursue money and dangerous to have the kids around him.

When my youngest was a newborn I came home from work and dad was out cold on the couch with the babies laying on him. When he woke up he was mad at me that I hadn't left him diapers and he was out of formula. The store is two blocks away. He demanded half of my paychecks and always left with the money, off doing drugs for a few days. He's now dead.

So I became a single parent. I hear single parents grumping all the time but they at least have the other to do some sort of back up in emergency.

Every day a child was home sick was a set back. Living rurally I needed a car to get them to events, sports and it was a challenge to keep that going. School supply time meant no insurance or gas. Even in thrift shops I had to be careful.

Running on that type of treadmill is heartbreaking. It was so depressing because I worried all the time about not paying the bills. There was no change in my wages as I had no time to retrain. I tried twice going through programs that might help finance training but each time got cut from the list at the last minute. Much of my wages went to daycare and even then I had to apply for social help for after school care which did make it better.

Eventually, when they were old enough, I got a bit of a better job and it made a huge difference. Someone on here, a guy was talking about them not having their kids but their salary doubled. That cannot happen to a parent with no training and full time kids. It locks you into where you are, at least when they are very young and the best thing is to be with them.

So many have no idea how others live. There was a woman in our town who had two kids, dad gone. The oldest was handicapped like a jelly baby. She was a bright intelligent soul but would scoot about the floor with no arms and legs. This little girl died in her early teens just as they knew she would. Her condition was fatal. Mom chose to be on welfare and not work to look after her girl knowing her life would be short. The younger daughter was in my son's class in school. The handicapped girl wanted to go to school too but couldn't because she couldn't sit up. She needed a special wheelchair that mom couldn't afford and a special van to put it in. No money for either yet the school board was threatening her with legal action if she didn't attend and the girl didn't want to home school. Social services wouldn't supply a wheel chair or van modification to mom but would give all this plus extra money to a foster family, if mom would give up the child.

There is something wrong in this world. I know this last part is a little off topic but the point is that for everyone going on about welfare moms, sometimes there is a part of the story you just don't know. For every self advertising braggart of a mom boasting about her welfare babies there are many thousands of truly single parents, men and women, who are simply stuck. Their dilemma can be abandonment, child disabilities, mental health issues, lack of education but they are not living high on the hog. It is a grinding poverty that does the child no good as well.

This is why I can't judge abortion. I cannot walk in another person's shoes. I cannot know their financial, mental, physical, spiritual state. Sometimes a person just cannot cope. We let men walk away from parenthood if they hit rock bottom, maybe abortion is just that point too. Maybe I'm just rambling again...

A huge thank you to all parents who stay the course for their children and a pox on those who don't.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Quadrivium
After that point, it is the premeditated killing of another human being.

The law in pretty much every state says it isn't, saying otherwise is personal feelz.

As I said, your reading comprehension is lacking. To help you and answer your irrelevant question:

Premeditated kill·ing:
/ˈkiliNG/
Noun
an act of causing death, especially deliberately.

Premeditated mur·der:
/ˈmərdər/
noun
the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

Words have meaning and that is why I stated "abortion is the premeditated killing of another human being" instead of saying it was premeditated murder.
edit on 10-7-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

Those are both still legal in Texas, and other places, despite the sematic argument. Neither action violates the law.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Quadrivium

Those are both still legal in Texas, and other places, despite the sematic argument. Neither action violates the law.

Wait....
What??
Premeditated Murder is legal in Texas??

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Wait....
What??

There is no pre-meditated murder when it comes to getting an abortion, that's my point.

(post by Nyiah removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Wait....
What??

There is no pre-meditated murder when it comes to getting an abortion, that's my point.

You're slow, but now you're getting it!
That is why I said "it is the premeditated killing of another human being".
edit on 11-7-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   

That's a wholly semantic argument. If the police arrest you for murder and you say, "It wasn't murder, it was a killing", you're still getting arraigned. In a legal context it is not the killing of any human being, premeditated or otherwise.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   

That's a wholly semantic argument. If the police arrest you for murder and you say, "It wasn't murder, it was a killing", you're still getting arraigned. In a legal context it is not the killing of any human being, premeditated or otherwise.

Read the definitions again, that's why I posted them for you.
It's not "semantics", words have meaning.
I guess you didn't read the link I posted for you regarding reading comprehension.
Also, I didn't mention anything about legality. I made a simple, factual statement.
Abortion is the premeditated killing of another human being.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   

It's not "semantics", words have meaning.

It is when it comes to the law and the taking of another human's life. Claiming it was a 'premeditated killing' is not going to get you off of a murder charge.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
You are making a bull# straw man argument over nothing.

You did not understand the difference between the words "killing' and 'murder' and made a stupid claim.

Take the L and move along.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   

In your opinion, it is 100% legal in Texas and other places which limited abortions so therefore it isn't. If it were premeditated killing than the people involved would be charged with homicide.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Bro,
Just stop.
Again and again you show your lack of comprehension with the English language.

Premeditated kill·ing:
/ˈkiliNG/
Noun
an act of causing death, especially deliberately.

Premeditated mur·der:
/ˈmərdər/
noun
the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

Notice the difference?
I even put the important words in bold, so maybe even you could get it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join