It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many men have no clue

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: optimisticcontrarian
a reply to: schuyler

And for the record, abortion is not "civilized."

This...........this a thousand times!

Is it civilized when the mother has an ectopic pregnancy?

Yes or no, or oh is that different?

Is it civilized to force a 12 year old to give birth and break her body?

Is it civilized to force a woman to carry a child that has no chance of survival?

is it civilized for a high school senior to have 3 abortions her senior year, simply because she was a slut that didn't want the babies she made? (two sides to this)

Two sides, indeed.

That high school senior could not have "made" three babies in her senior year all by herself! (Unless she's the equivalent of a modern day Virgin Mary. But I doubt that is what you're implying)

There would have been at least one other person involved in this hypothetical tragedy.

Yet you make no reference to the "baby daddy(ies)" role.

If she's a "slut", what is he (or what are they, if there were more than one "donor")? Why is there no recriminations being dumped on the irresponsible males who made this travesty possible, and without who there would be no pregnancy to contend with.

No, it's just "She's a slut!", so she deserves to suffer.

If this is the prevailing attitude among those in the "Pro-Life" camp, I want to warn you of the potential for "unintended consequences". You might be rejoicing that the ending of Roe is a wish come true, but the "genie" that granted that wish might just turn out to be a "Monkey's Paw" curse.

If women are now to bear the full responsibility for both intended, and unintended pregnancies (and honestly, has there been any serious legal discussion regarding enhanced efforts to insure that fathers of unintended pregnancies meet their responsibilities? Answer: No), should we not expect to see more and more women of child-bearing age withdraw from a society, that they can see for themselves, will do little to nothing to protect them?

Short of imprisoning them, either for the "crime" of having had an abortion, or to "protect" them from a pregnancy they do not desire.

And with so many younger women "safely locked away" (or locking themselves away), will not older women find themselves increasingly at the mercy of predatory males seeking sexual relief in the only acceptable form left to them?

Are we all that far from organized "Rape Gangs" prowling our streets?

Will fertile women need to seclude themselves in convents and harems, their "virtues" protected by armed Eunichs (Because, of course "Women are the weaker sex", but no "intact" male, even with a vasectomy, can be fully trusted).

"The line for castration forms on the right!" will be the new "Call of Duty" for young patriots.

Perhaps it's time to make vasectomies in high school the new "Rite of Passage" for teenage boys.

"Now you are a Man. Hand over your testicles."

edit on 1-7-2022 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Is this where we are supposed to all brag about our ' conquests ' ?

It takes two to tango ...

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

honestly, has there been any serious legal discussion regarding enhanced efforts to insure that fathers of unintended pregnancies meet their responsibilities? Answer: No

Well, it seems someone hasn't been listening.

How about this question: Why should anyone start such a conversation if you're going to ignore it in order to condemn them? Answer: they won't.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

No idea... What you don't know won't hurt you so it's not something most of us will think about...

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux

What's your point? I was never promiscuous in my youth (18 to 25), I had girlfriends and we had safe, legal sex. If you don't want kids there are ways to engage in the act of reproduction with a very low risk of pregnancy.

Certainly, things can go awry from the plan. Are you saying all men are just sperm donations and all women are just recepticles?

Are you saying women are just sleeping around and the answer to their problem is abortion? What are you really trying to say here?

My point is that there will be babies born that might not have been. I also feel babies are not going to be hidden away any more like they were in the past. I honestly don’t think a lot of men realize what a profound impact this will have on their life. Maybe even the lives of the grandparents. I’m not saying ALL. Unplanned pregnancy has immense direct impact to young people’s financial future.

No I’m not saying all men are just sperm donors, but I am saying I think a lot had impregnated a woman and didn’t know it. I also think we are in a new era where women will not just accept all the responsibility.

You know that saying you’ve awoke a sleeping giant, I think this is it.

I can see you're passionate about abortion, but I don't think the majority of the women who support it are women who will ever see, smell, handle, or be impregnated by a wiener. 90% of the women look like angry feminists who hate men.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

a reply to: M5xaz

Women NEVER HAVE "accepted all the responsibility"

You’re joking right.

If women have never accepted the responsibility how are there SOOO many men that didn’t know they had a kid?

You're joking, right ?

An extreme minority of women took responsibility, particularly in the last 50 years.
Otherwise, you would not have 60 million+ DEAD babies

As a lawyer, how can you be so blind as not being able to see that the entire family law system is anti-men and treats them as little more than wallets and sperm donors.

No insight....facepalm....

This is very true. My wife complains all the time about how Louisiana is a "mother first" state. Even if the father is the better option for the kid(s) in a marriage that ends in divorce, the mother still gets everything. I got divorced in 2010 after being married and with that woman since 2000. Child support was set at 45% of my paycheck (after taxes), she got my truck, and she got the right to claim the children during tax season. She was a bartender at night and babysat for her friend making an extra $200 a week, but since she had been dating the bar owner, she told the judge that she didn't have a job. She got tips and the owner of the bar and her friend both paid her in cash so she had no taxes to prove she was working. She moved to several different houses over the course of the following 7 years and had many different boyfriends in and out of her home. I ended up getting a raise at work and was able to buy a house, met a girl in 2012 and we've been together since then. My life, my home, my finances, etc., are all extremely stable but I still couldn't get custody of my kids. Over the past year, things have changed and my ex isn't so aggressive, angry, and hateful, and I've also doubled what my salary was way back during the divorce, but I still can't really take my kids to do all the fun stuff families get to do. Once my youngest from that marriage turns 18 in four more years and my child support ends, my house will be paid off the month before but it's bittersweet because by the time I finally have the money to go do all the fun stuff, they'll probably be too old to want to go.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

honestly, has there been any serious legal discussion regarding enhanced efforts to insure that fathers of unintended pregnancies meet their responsibilities? Answer: No

Well, it seems someone hasn't been listening.

How about this question: Why should anyone start such a conversation if you're going to ignore it in order to condemn them? Answer: they won't.

TheRedneck

Unfortunately, Red, your well considered response reflects an attitude woefully lacking in the population at large.

Even by your own admission, the family court system is malfunctional, ill-equipped to handle the issues and caseload that confronts it now.

Imagine how much worse it could become when a large portion of the abortions that never happen come to full term as infants in need if food, homes and support...to say nothing of loving families.

Sure, adoption will relieve some of the influx. But for the sake of the children's welfare, expedited adoption policies cannot sacrifice thorough vetting of prospective parents.

One has only to look at the horror stories arising out of Child Protective Services and foster care files to reel at the frequency of abuse, exploitation, and outright trafficking.

And who will be paying for these services?

We the taxpayers, that's who.

And what about the children born who no one wants to adopt?

Statistically there will be far more of them than there currently, simply because there will be far more children born, who might have been aborted, and therefore there will be many more children born with issues, physical and otherwise, that will make them less likely to be adopted.

Maybe the state will decide that these wards should be used for medical and pharmaceutical experiments as a way to offset their cost to society? Or maybe they will just be required to work as "indentured servants" until their debt to the society, they did not choose to inhabit, is paid off?

Will they be relegated to live their young lives as wards of the State, in loveless institutional orphanages, at taxpayer expense, until they can be kicked out into the world to fend for their abandoned selves?

We can talk about making men take responsibility for the children they help to create all we want, but the truth is there is really little society can do enforce that responsibility if men are unwilling to step up themselves.

Shame them, garnish their wages, throw them in prison. It will do little good if they refuse to do their part.

And yet, unless society is willing to say to the unintended infant, "Sorry kid, your momma couldn't keep you, your daddy went to prison to avoid supporting you, no one wants a kid that looks like you, and we ain't paying to raise and feed you, so good luck!", the burden will be on the backs of us taxpayer's, as usual.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
23 and me ruined my life. I was raised a proud Greek in Greece and the US back and forth and it turned out that my grandfather wasn’t who we thought he was. I’m not Greek by blood at all and my grandpa was well, he and his father were both executed for being quite prolific serial killers. Me I am 39 and I have yet to throw a punch in my life so I didn’t get the violence gene but you can’t imagine the dread learning the truth caused our family. Those warnings are no joke. Not kidding even one bit. And the story of the victims...my God how my grandmother kept the secret she did till she died I have no idea.

Lol, I can relate... My dad and his sister shared as much DNA as me and my cousin on my mother's side. Turns out, my dad and all of his siblings had different dads. No way to question their mom though, she died in 1986 and the man he thought was his dad died in the 70's. Plus it's just him and his sister left, the rest of the siblings all passed as well so we only knew about the other siblings because of the DNA match between my dad and Aunt, and their nieces and nephews. Dad was upset for a few days but he got over it. I guess when you've lost your oldest brother, youngest brother, and both parents before you turn 35, something like this can seem a little less hindering because you've experienced more than enough heartbreak to let it bother you.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   
ask those republican leaders who need their mistresses to have one

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

They’re never too old! Spend as much time with them as you can. Sorry you went thru such a hard time, and the kids.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   
There are plenty of times in history to refer to when the population exceeded the means to support all. The workhouses of Victoria england, the indian schools of canada and the us, the forced sterilization of the poor, feeble, and minority races that rose out of the same climate as margaret sangers planned parenthood.
The orphanages in Vietnam and iraq because of the birth defects caused by the results of war related toxins. Just look into the past, it wont give you a clear view of what might be, but it can give you a view of what is possible.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: M5xaz

a reply to: M5xaz

Women NEVER HAVE "accepted all the responsibility"

You’re joking right.

If women have never accepted the responsibility how are there SOOO many men that didn’t know they had a kid?

You're joking, right ?

An extreme minority of women took responsibility, particularly in the last 50 years.
Otherwise, you would not have 60 million+ DEAD babies

As a lawyer, how can you be so blind as not being able to see that the entire family law system is anti-men and treats them as little more than wallets and sperm donors.

No insight....facepalm....

This is very true. My wife complains all the time about how Louisiana is a "mother first" state. Even if the father is the better option for the kid(s) in a marriage that ends in divorce, the mother still gets everything. I got divorced in 2010 after being married and with that woman since 2000. Child support was set at 45% of my paycheck (after taxes), she got my truck, and she got the right to claim the children during tax season. She was a bartender at night and babysat for her friend making an extra $200 a week, but since she had been dating the bar owner, she told the judge that she didn't have a job. She got tips and the owner of the bar and her friend both paid her in cash so she had no taxes to prove she was working. She moved to several different houses over the course of the following 7 years and had many different boyfriends in and out of her home. I ended up getting a raise at work and was able to buy a house, met a girl in 2012 and we've been together since then. My life, my home, my finances, etc., are all extremely stable but I still couldn't get custody of my kids. Over the past year, things have changed and my ex isn't so aggressive, angry, and hateful, and I've also doubled what my salary was way back during the divorce, but I still can't really take my kids to do all the fun stuff families get to do. Once my youngest from that marriage turns 18 in four more years and my child support ends, my house will be paid off the month before but it's bittersweet because by the time I finally have the money to go do all the fun stuff, they'll probably be too old to want to go.

Rough !!
Very sad.

Hang in there !

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 10:04 PM
link   
When I did my ancestry DNA I did wonder if any kids would pop up or if I would wind up with extra relatives from my uncles fooling around.

Nothing showed up. Seems that all the kids were accounted for so far....but then again, maybe someday I will find I have another kid. Most of the girls I went out with years ago I did keep an eye on afterwards, and abortions were not legal in Michigan at the time, so I figured it was safe to get my DNA done.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Yes, you're also going to kill millions of raped children along with all the women you despise and yet none of the men who caused each and every pregnancy will face any responsibility.

As Ohio restricts abortions, 10-year-old girl travels to Indiana for procedure

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I mean they basically are trying to castrate an entire generation with trans theology, but all of the guys falling for it are incels who hate women even more than regular men do.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 11:00 PM
link   
None of this bothers me because I'm a firm believer that if u don't have sex, u don't have babies..I know..mind blowing.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DashVol

Yes, you're also going to kill millions of raped children along with all the women you despise and yet none of the men who caused each and every pregnancy will face any responsibility.

As Ohio restricts abortions, 10-year-old girl travels to Indiana for procedure

You shouldnt despise the children in the Womb.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 01:31 AM
link   

No, you just despise all the ones out of the womb. Including 10 year old rape victims.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Unfortunately, Red, your well considered response reflects an attitude woefully lacking in the population at large.

Maybe so, but you do have a mouth, don't you?

I mean, I thought one was standard issue on humans.

It sounds to me like you're waiting for someone to start a conversation for you. Why? You can start the conversation yourself. Just start talking... not angry talking like in your post, but common-sense talking. Tell people about the issue; most probably didn't know Dobbs v. Jackson happened. Explain the problems it will cause. I have a feeling you will be surprised at how much support you will get. And finally, tell those who support you the same thing I am telling you: you have a mouth and you have freedom of speech (kinda, sorta), so use it! Tell others.

You don't have to be a political lobbyist to spread information. You actually have an advantage over them: you know people. But... and this is a huge but, a but the size of a sumo wrestler's butt... stay cool! Anger doesn't change anything. Calm reasoning changes things.

Even by your own admission, the family court system is malfunctional, ill-equipped to handle the issues and caseload that confronts it now.

So change it!

Fix it!

You are one of many owners of that court system. Find some other owners that think the same way and fix the thing!

This is the single most confusing thing I see today in politics... we have people screaming bloody murder, wanting to castrate all men at age 16 (or some other silly notion from hell), and in the process losing any shred of support they might have ever had. Threaten my anatomy and I promise you, I will NEVER support you! Then we have people doing absolutely nothing in their communities, but they'll complain that nothing is being down.

Things get changed when people decide to change them. They do not get changed by threats, nor by complaints of the inactive.

Me? I already have my plan laid out. I talk to people... not about abortion, just about things, you know? Abortion can work its way in... a mention here, a mention there... and they will likely think about what i said later on, especially if I leave a good impression. Second step: as soon as all the furor dies down some, I have two Alabama Senators and an Alabama Representative who need my vote every election. I have the same number of people in the US government, but have you ever tried to talk to one of them? Might as well talk to a fence post; they don't care because for every one of me, they have 5 rabid supporters in some ultra-liberal or ultra-conservative spot.

Alabama legislators need me. They don't talk to me, I start talking to others. Might take a while, but I can run them out of office. I've done it before.

Step three? Don't know yet. But those first two steps will get something started.

Now, what will you do? Scream at the sky, spit venom, or do something productive?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DashVol

Even more than regular men??

Seriously??

It's fairly obvious your exposure to men, hasn't been to the "regular" sort...what ever "regular" is...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join