It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Pizza Hut has gone full woke, now we must make them full broke'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If we're going to judge people based on what they thought when they were 7,

And we're not judging anyone for what they thought, I'm stating that attraction exists without even the knowledge of sex. I thought girls were pretty when I was 5. I was attracted.

Is heterosexuality all about sex to you?

Look at all the fun you missed out on by not having picture books depicting what pleasure you could have with your-and others-sex organs!

At least kids won't have to wait for approaching puberty for their curiosity to be aroused now, or parental guidance to help them through the difficult years.

LOL what are you talking about?

I'm 42, and I got that sex education in 4th grade or so.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Look at all the fun you missed out on by not having picture books depicting what pleasure you could have with your-and others-sex organs!

At least kids won't have to wait for approaching puberty for their curiosity to be aroused now, or parental guidance to help them through the difficult years.

I didn't miss out on anything though. Neither are my kids. I think it was like 2nd grade we got a dictionary that had a pencil sketch of the endocrine system. We all went full Beavis and Butthead.

Lol books. The Bible is also a book. God doesn't exist, and gay people should be just as happy as the rest of us with all of the same rights.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Pizza Hut has been a shadow of it's former self for some time, the pizza is garbagio now.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I actually don't find either "offensive". I was merely wondering what the difference between the two is. I don't personally see the entertainment value of drag queens... I also don't have much use for folks presenting that weird # to children, but why is one socially acceptable while the other is not?

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I don't personally see the entertainment value of drag queens...
Nor do I. I don't particularly enjoy many of the current crop of "musicians" with their electronic enhancements either. Am I outraged? No. But guess what? Times and tastes change. Deal with it. As much as you might like, you can't turn the clock back.

I also don't have much use for folks presenting that weird # to children, but why is one socially acceptable while the other is not?
Because one is demeaning to a group of humans and the other is not.

edit on 6/4/2022 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I think the difference is that blackface was done because black people couldn't be part of the show, so white people painted their face.

Drag shows on the other hand are not done because women are being discriminated against.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Yeah. The 50s were so great. Right?

Not the 50's. Try mid 60's youngin'.

Children learn what they live. Some kids grow up in homes where violence is learned; some grow up thinking drug use is a normal part of life. That doesn't mean schools should start teaching kids how to operate a firearm in first grade, or how wonderful some think it drugs are and how to shoot up in kindergarten, or put how-to picture books in the library.

Schools can't teach the 'alternate' beliefs and lifestyles of religion; that's left up to the parents. The trans XYZ life should also be taught by the parents, and not the school system.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Try mid 60's youngin'.
Been there. Done that. Had a bunch of T-shirts but they disintegrated.

The trans XYZ life should also be taught by the parents, and not the school system.
Right. Because parents do a real good job of that. "Homosexuals are perverts and are going to hell!" Not so different from "'n-word's are lowlifes and will never amount to nothing!"

edit on Sat Jun 4 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If we're going to judge people based on what they thought when they were 7,

And we're not judging anyone for what they thought, I'm stating that attraction exists without even the knowledge of sex. I thought girls were pretty when I was 5. I was attracted.

Is heterosexuality all about sex to you?

LOL what are you talking about?

I'm 42, and I got that sex education in 4th grade or so.

You had access to library books showing drawings of boys giving oral sex to each other? With 'tips' on how best to do it?

There's nothing wrong with kids knowing there are LGBTQ people in the world, but teaching it shouldn't be a part of any school curriculum. Especially not in how-to detail at age-inappropriate levels.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   

You had access to library books showing drawings of boys giving oral sex to each other?

That would not be appropriate. Got an example of it?

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 10:53 PM
link   

"Homosexuals are perverts and are going to hell!" Not so different from "'n-word's are lowlifes and will never amount to nothing!"

If teaching kindergarteners about sex life of LGBTQ's and giving them access to how-to books is ok, then why is teaching opposite sex attraction not?
Why can't religion be taught? Are people afraid it might brainwash young, vulnerable minds to know there are some in the world who live that kind of 'alternate' lifestyle?
edit on Sat Jun 4 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Why can't religion be taught?

There are very many private schools in which religion is taught. I attended one. It didn't take, obviously.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 11:03 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You had access to library books showing drawings of boys giving oral sex to each other?

That would not be appropriate. Got an example of it?

You've really been out of the loop, Phage.

[www.foxnews.com...]

[delawarevalleyjournal.com...]

There are more examples, but you probably know how to use your search engine if you want more.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Not sure I buy that, Phage. Any woman who says "boo" about the recent uptick in men pretending to be women gets labeled a "TERF" and is immediately accused of being a bigot... sounds an awful lot like how blacks who complained about blackface acts 80 years ago were labeled "uppity" to me.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Your links don't provide original sources, only claims about them.

Please provide the original sources. As I said, if your description is accurate the material would be inappropriate.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

No, Al Jolson's act was absolutely not related to any ban of black people on show stages. Now if we want to talk about the origins of it all... then discrimination definitely played a role. That said, drag began 500 years ago in Europe and Asia when women were forbidden from the stage and many plays required men to dress in drag for the female roles, so... still no difference apart from the bizarre societal shifts we've seen recently that encourage blunt misogyny so long as it is cloaked in homosexual attire.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   

encourage blunt misogyny so long as it is cloaked in homosexual attire.
What? Men dressing as women (some quite astoundingly well) is misogynistic?

I think I asked before, are you a woman? If not, on what basis do you make this claim?

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
That said, drag began 500 years ago in Europe and Asia when women were forbidden from the stage and many plays required men to dress in drag for the female roles, so... still no difference apart from the bizarre societal shifts we've seen recently that encourage blunt misogyny so long as it is cloaked in homosexual attire.

Damn, excellent point and, now that you say it, I have that tidbit stored somewhere in my grey matter.

Maybe it has to do with timing? 500 years ago is a long time from the early 20th century.

ETA: Just came across Black vaudeville which was where Jolson got his start and there apparently was some segregation going on.

edit on 5-6-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I was the only boy in my family of three sisters and my mother, she was single at the time. Naturally, to get attention with the materials I had available, sometime when I was less than 10 years old I dressed up in womens clothes one night, a bra and underwear if I remember correctly.

My mother even snapped a photo of it as they all laughed at me. Years later, she still had it and would joke about blackmailing me with it but it was all in good fun. She's been gone for over a decade and the photo probably twice as long. Lost in a move maybe?

I hope. Just kidding, no one would recognize me! But twisting this to the extreme like its promoting trans is a bit much.

PS: Not only did I end up straight, women chased me all through my twenties and early 30s. After that I must've gone out of style but I have the remedy. Working on stacking that green paper.
edit on CDT12Sun, 05 Jun 2022 00:44:35 -050000000006b2022 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join