It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Pizza Hut has gone full woke, now we must make them full broke'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Stopped eating Pizza Hut after one too many sparsely populated pizzas.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman
projecting groomers
in denial

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: SeaWorthy

If you see color the same as a chosen sex act, there is no way you are ever going to see it.

I thought you didn't care about what people do in their bedrooms. I wasn't talking about any sex act.

I have no "pride" in where I chose to put my penis and I don't need to tell anyone about it.
Me neither. But plenty of macho men sure seem to think it's something to brag about. Our former president for example.

Its ok because they have somehow been treated as less then human in their own eyes no one else.
That's absurd. Until a few years ago homosexual couples could not legally marry. In many states there is still no protection in housing and employment. Less than human, yes, indeed.

well their fault,

if they act like rejects from a john waters film.

and in my pursuit of life liberty and happiness, i still can't steal your tesla and not get arrested. in mot places.

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Figures, I'm moving into an area where I'll actually be able to order a pizza for the first time in many years... and they all hop on the pedo train.

Good thing there are still a few local places in that town, hopefully they're decent.

I would club a baby seal for a jumbo pepperoni from Pizza Joint in Portland. I'd settle for SoPo location. They had something else really good and I can't remember what. I think it may have just been great sandwich rolls.

Every couple years I think about seeing if they would freeze one and ship it to me. I even have a local place to cook it. I also really miss Rocco's followed with pier fries in OOB. I don't miss Lisa's Pizza but I miss the fries. This has triggered a cascade of Maine food memories.

I came for the bigoted outrage, but I stayed for the food nostalgia.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

My son who turned 9 on the 2nd when he was around 4/5 loved to wear my heels and boots around the house. He picked the good ones even. It was cute. He also loved to have his nails painted because I had mine done. He would sit with me when I did mine and I did his nails and toes in any color he wanted. The only person bothered by it was my mother. It was a phase and he now looks at me funny when I ask if he wants red nails again.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   
In my town there is only one restaurant who gets my support and money. They never went along with all the cohona BS.

If and if I eat a pizza I make it myself. Dough to the toppings.

I am not surprised they are woke and stuff.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl

Domino's was always better. Way.

Yeah, I even drove for them back in the day, but their pizza got really crappy. I've heard they rebooted it and made it a lot better, but I stopped eating commercial crap a long time ago.

That said, I still have a soft stop for my favorite, Joe's New York Pizzeria

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I can see a toddler activating a trigger. Not what we would consider a clean pull aimed at a target. More of a push the gun while trigger is wedged against a finger (or stick, corner of an end table, etc) type of activation. Which means access to a loaded revolver is more dangerous than a semiautomatic with a loaded 15 round magazine…because it doesn’t fire until the chamber is loaded by racking the slide. Which is a bit more complex action for a toddler.

Trigger locks and/or gun safes end that noise for a toddler though. But can’t talk about real common sense gun control…because it isn’t about fixing the problem.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The few times a year that I do order Pizza Hut have come to an end.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
4 of my 5 kids are at a drag show right now. Zero sexual content. The adult show starts at 6 and I'll be joining the wife after the kids come home.

Can I just jump in here and piggyback on this post?

I have a child who goes by "they", and has changed their name. We respect it, their friends respect it, and it has been no problem whatsoever (this started when they were in fourth grade...they are finishing their Freshman year right now). I accept and love my child, not matter what they come to me with, and I assume most people do as well.

Here's the thing: I teach in the Performing Arts. I am almost fifty years old, and things were very different when I was growing up. That is not tot say that I did not go to school with people who would have identified as something different than they did, but it was a different time, different place.

Having written all of that, I believe that we would not be seeing what we are seeing without the influence of social media and the 24/7 inundation of information that was not available even a decade ago. "Bandwagon" is a fallacy for a reason...

I do not doubt my child. I do not doubt the sincerity of folks. But, I am keenly aware of hive mind thinking, and I am keenly aware that we all just want to feel accepted somewhere. Consequently, I am of two minds on all of this.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Ah. Rifles now. Good one.

What rabbit hole are you taking me down in? We started with drag queens and you are talking about some toddlers with guns path...lol

We both agree toddlers should not own guns!!!
edit on 5-6-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

I can see a toddler activating a trigger. Not what we would consider a clean pull aimed at a target. More of a push the gun while trigger is wedged against a finger (or stick, corner of an end table, etc) type of activation. Which means access to a loaded revolver is more dangerous than a semiautomatic with a loaded 15 round magazine…because it doesn’t fire until the chamber is loaded by racking the slide. Which is a bit more complex action for a toddler.

Trigger locks and/or gun safes end that noise for a toddler though. But can’t talk about real common sense gun control…because it isn’t about fixing the problem.

Common sense is to have a loaded gun somewhere a child can not get to it. When my sons were toddlers until about 18 I kept a Glock in a finger print box in my bedroom. Everything else including the ammo was in a big old safe that just my wife and I knew the combo. Now my kids are grown the gun in the bedroom is out of the box and my wife wanted one down stair so it is on top of the frig which me being 6'5" only I can actually see it, so still all controlled in places not seen and/or not easy to get to. When they hit 18 I didn't allow them to buy any even if I could, but I did buy them one each at 21. 16 year-olds talking dads guns into the woods without dad and dad not knowing for years is an unfathomable thought for me.

Now when we are talking loaded guns on the coffee table I can only think of gang bangers of some similar situation like some truly ignorant people if not bangers, but the loaded gun on the table is one of a dozen serious issues the toddler most likely is dealing with anyhow.

Gun control starts in the home...

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Common sense is to have a loaded gun somewhere a child can not get to it. When my sons were toddlers until about 18 I kept a Glock in a finger print box in my bedroom. Everything else including the ammo was in a big old safe that just my wife and I knew the combo. Now my kids are grown the gun in the bedroom is out of the box and my wife wanted one down stair so it is on top of the frig which me being 6'5" only I can actually see it, so still all controlled in places not seen and/or not easy to get to. When they hit 18 I didn't allow them to buy any even if I could, but I did buy them one each at 21. 16 year-olds talking dads guns into the woods without dad and dad not knowing for years is an unfathomable thought for me.

Now when we are talking loaded guns on the coffee table I can only think of gang bangers of some similar situation like some truly ignorant people if not bangers, but the loaded gun on the table is one of a dozen serious issues the toddler most likely is dealing with anyhow.

"Gang Bangers"?!? Oh, wait...code for black and brown people. White folks don't like that.

What the eff do you think the Mafia and the IRA are ?!?

Just stop it.
edit on 5-6-2022 by Thejaybird because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2022 by Thejaybird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

So...let's put this in perspective. What do you own? What are you ready to use? What would you like to open my front door holding in your hand? And, are you ready to take out a fellow countryman?

Come on, keyboard warrior. Stop it.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Thejaybird

My Nine, 357, and M60 500 yard scope rifle will say you will have a hard time with that.

Oh, and #...I am a liberal.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   
And, if any of you are serious, I would be MORE than gladly to PM my "liberal" address. Come on over.

Stop posturing. My guns are as big as yours, and we need gun control in this nation.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thejaybird
a reply to: Thejaybird

My Nine, 357, and M60 500 yard scope rifle will say you will have a hard time with that.

Oh, and #...I am a liberal.

Your M60? You sure about that? Sounds to me like you're talking out your behind. You should probably leave the conversation to people who know what the hell they're talking about.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
When my kids were little they used to love parading around in adult shoes. It generated a lot of laughter to see my two year old daughter trying to walk in her father's cowboy boots, or my three year old son parade around in my high-heeled shoes.

It has been pretty much accepted for many generations to be a natural form of play for children, and we never once saw it as an expression of transgenderism. Kids (being the little hams they're noted for) enjoyed the reward of making everyone laugh.

Like most stages of learning-play kids go through, the novelty of prancing around in adult shoes soon wore off and they advanced to the stage stage of their development.

I guess we could have taken it as our cue to 'develop' such traits had we so desired, but we just enjoyed their antics and the laughter it brought. We never made it an issue, and it never became one to address.

When I was a kid we used to play cops and robbers a lot, along with war. The adults let us play with sticks as pretend guns, and let the natural progression of growing up take its course. I'm glad they didn't feel the need to get involved and feel the need to develop the shooting/violent aspect of our play.

This post alone annihilated OP's post.

Conservatives at it again. So much crazy. We live in a day and age where liberals are crazy and conservatives are. What a time to be alive.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   

"Gang Bangers"?!? Oh, wait...code for black and brown people. White folks don't like that.

What the eff do you think the Mafia and the IRA are ?!?

Just stop it.

Don't get triggered

The child that Phage is posting about happens to be Black, and they kept a loaded handgun on the coffee table to where a toddler could get it and play with it. I call it as I see it. Did you also not read "some similar situation like some truly ignorant people if not bangers" That covers your Mafia and IRA, but then would they keep loaded guns laying around, IDK... I do know that gangs in general do.
edit on 5-6-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   

So...let's put this in perspective. What do you own? What are you ready to use? What would you like to open my front door holding in your hand? And, are you ready to take out a fellow countryman?

Come on, keyboard warrior. Stop it.

28 years in the military and I work directly with former rangers and seals, so suck it. You come in my house you are dead, end of story. I'm not a millennial...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join