It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim call to prayer arrives to Minneapolis soundscape

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Hypocrisy is key to religion.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Worship how you want ..

Just amusing to me that some will flip out over a Christian flag saying you are pushing your religion, but call to prayer that's fine and you need to be more tolerant.

While deployed I actually liked hearing it, don't know why, thought the mosque I got to visit was every bit as awe inspiring as any Catholic cathedral o got to visit.

But it's definitely hypocrisy when some on this site will object to anything and everything christian but excuse Islam.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Mikemp44
a reply to: Annee

Yep! 110% agree and I'm glad the law is still enforced before faith; it is the common ground between us all.

What always killed me about people's fear of Islam is that A) They do not know the true teachings of 'traditional' Islam are COMPLETELY non-violent (The extreme Imams are to blame for extremism in their interpretations) and B) Most traditional Muslims view their faith as part of the Jewish and Christian faiths as well; they just believe they are the most recent to have been contacted by God. Kinda blows a hole in the narrative, and we can't have that now can we.

One source estimates that there are 34,000 separate Christian groups in the world: www.religioustolerance.org...

The Chrisitan's alone can't agree on their own faith.

Extremism is extremism -- no matter what label you choose to direct it to. Even Christians.

Radical Fundamental Christian Dominionism: Dominionism is heretical for many reasons but mostly because it says Jesus can’t return until the planet is “Christianized.” For Americans, this means a installing a theocracy based on Old Testament laws. If that sounds a lot like radical Islam to you, that’s because it is.:

luckyottershaven.com...#:~:text=Dominionism%20is%20heretical%20for%20many%20reasons%20but%20most ly,radical%20Islam%20to%20you%2C%20that%E2%80%99s%20because%20it%20is.

You just made the argument to ban prayers from mosques. As you pointed out. Church bells from Christian churces are being silenced for disturbing the peace. And so should the prayer wailings from mosques.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Oh, Yeah!

Some churches have gotten very creative with electronic sound systems.

I don't need the gas powered lawn blower in the early morning hours either (or any time of the day).

How about a call to prayer app? They can get it over their Air-pods...

Outstanding idea. For both Christian and muslim churches.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: Mikemp44

Yep! 110% agree and I'm glad the law is still enforced before faith; it is the common ground between us all.

What always killed me about people's fear of Islam is that A) They do not know the true teachings of 'traditional' Islam are COMPLETELY non-violent (The extreme Imams are to blame for extremism in their interpretations) and B) Most traditional Muslims view their faith as part of the Jewish and Christian faiths as well; they just believe they are the most recent to have been contacted by God. Kinda blows a hole in the narrative, and we can't have that now can we.

One source estimates that there are 34,000 separate Christian groups in the world: www.religioustolerance.org...

The Chrisitan's alone can't agree on their own faith.

Extremism is extremism -- no matter what label you choose to direct it to. Even Christians.

Radical Fundamental Christian Dominionism: Dominionism is heretical for many reasons but mostly because it says Jesus can’t return until the planet is “Christianized.” For Americans, this means a installing a theocracy based on Old Testament laws. If that sounds a lot like radical Islam to you, that’s because it is.:

luckyottershaven.com...#:~:text=Dominionism%20is%20heretical%20for%20many%20reasons%20but%20most ly,radical%20Islam%20to%20you%2C%20that%E2%80%99s%20because%20it%20is.

You just made the argument to ban prayers from mosques. As you pointed out. Church bells from Christian churces are being silenced for disturbing the peace. And so should the prayer wailings from mosques.

Freedom of religion.

Understand if it applies to one, it applies to all.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Which does not give the freedom to disturb. Which you yourself just pointed out in your previous post which Christian churches.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Oh, Yeah!

Some churches have gotten very creative with electronic sound systems.

I don't need the gas powered lawn blower in the early morning hours either (or any time of the day).

How about a call to prayer app? They can get it over their Air-pods...

As long as both sides respect each other and dont demand for more power.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Worship how you want ..

Just amusing to me that some will flip out over a Christian flag saying you are pushing your religion, but call to prayer that's fine and you need to be more tolerant.

While deployed I actually liked hearing it, don't know why, thought the mosque I got to visit was every bit as awe inspiring as any Catholic cathedral o got to visit.

But it's definitely hypocrisy when some on this site will object to anything and everything christian but excuse Islam.
That is the truth Irish, some liberals especially atheist are fine with Islam spreading everywhere. I do find the sound of the call to prayers a very beautiful and almost haunting sound, and Ive been to a Muslim country. But I don’t want Shariah Law to over ride the Constitution of the US. Liberals are especially foolish in this regard. They imagine they are being inclusive, whereas the truth is somewhere more like allowing a slow invasion to destroy the culture of Christianity. I can say from personal experience there is no advantage to it(unless you want votes for the democrat party)
edit on 3-6-2022 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The last time I heard church bells was recently in Spain, but the people there love them. My place was right next door to the church and it rang its bells every hour to mark it...lol

In the states I would almost say never.

edit on 3-6-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I don't see this as a social issue, civil unrest situation, or a conspiracy. This is America, and we do have freedom of religion.
The atheists and the secular humanists took Christianity out of the schools, but now as a way to thumb their nose at Christians, the “educators” have been allowing the teaching of Islamic prayer in schools.
For these “educators”, it’s always about what they want, not about what’s right.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Love when a religious mind thinks they can think for an atheist.

I was raised Christian before stepping completely out of the God circle.

At least I have honestly lived both.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Well Annee maybe American should kill its Christian roots, become and Islamic state and you can wear a burka for life, that will be very beautiful indeed.

Not only that, but she will have to wear a Burkha to the beach and only when the women are allowed (separately from the men).
Again I say people are foolish.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Being raised a Christian doesn’t make you one. You clearly despise your Christian upbringing. But you seem naive regarding Islam.
Also, Ms. Pelosi is “Catholic” though she thumbs the true Catholic religion in the nose. It is true that Marxism has invaded the Church.
Then there is the World Council of Churches which is church the UN way....

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

It’s mostly an observation of atheistic behavior in society, you know... stuff like demanding to remove the Ten Commandments and the Nativity from various places. On message boards, I’ve observed the hatred coming from atheists to Christians. If you are okay with the call to prayer but you hate all things Christian, then you are not unbiased.
Also, a very common thing is for atheists or certain other groups of minority to point out to Christians various passages in the Bible which they feel that the average Christian does not observe so that it appears that Christians are hypocrites (for things like eating shellfish etc). It is well to observe the same ones giving a pass to Morroccans who regularly go to bars and clubs to drink and pick up women, and some Muslim were even observed doing this on the eve of an attack against America.
Still, the typical Muslim believes in 72 Virgins waiting for them in heaven and even believe it’s okay to have more than one wife. Perhaps sone atheists are fine with this. I’m not an atheist. Maybe you can tell me what the average atheist thinks about this.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Being raised a Christian doesn’t make you one. You clearly despise your Christian upbringing. But you seem naive regarding Islam.

Again you try to speak for me.

Let's be clear -- those are your words coming from your thoughts. Not mine.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   

It’s mostly an observation of atheistic behavior in society, you know... stuff like demanding to remove the Ten Commandments and the Nativity from various places.

Christian symbolism removed from government property. And why do you suppose that is?

There is no atheistic behavior as there is no atheistic doctrine.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Are you trying to tell me that you don’t really favor Islamic prayer over Christian ? Your personal bias is obvious in your own posts that anyone here can read. I don’t have to do any guess work here and neither does anyone else.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 02:00 AM
link   

It’s mostly an observation of atheistic behavior in society, you know... stuff like demanding to remove the Ten Commandments and the Nativity from various places.

Christian symbolism removed from government property. And why do you suppose that is?

There is no atheistic behavior as there is no atheistic doctrine.

Again, I have observed your opinion multiple times over about Christianity. Just because you think the Constitution means the Ten Commandments on a public place is not allowed doesn't make it so. You and countless other atheists use the so called separation of church and state to argue your point, but you have no problem with the call to prayer being in the public airwaves. A bit hypocritical don’t you think.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Who said that i am a forgeigner?

You live in the EU and even if you aren't from there you made it clear you don't understand the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Are you trying to tell me that you don’t really favor Islamic prayer over Christian ? Your personal bias is obvious in your own posts that anyone here can read. I don’t have to do any guess work here and neither does anyone else.

You apparently choose to interpret my words rather than read them. And/or take them out of context in what I'm responding to.

Does equal rights not mean anything to you?

ME (page 2): If you're gonna have freedom of religion for one religion -- you need to have it for all."

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join