It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim call to prayer arrives to Minneapolis soundscape

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

The largest Mosque in America is in my city of Dearborn.

We got them to NOT broadcast-to-prayer.

It's in Suburbia surrounded by nice homes.....and Ford World HQ is across the way.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mikemp44
a reply to: Annee

You are absolutely correct, freedom of religion extends to ALL religion, with one real caveat; The religion practiced cannot violate the rights of citizens and the laws it is not exempt from. This includes disturbing the peace, and to your point our laws will need to be adjusted for not just the call to prayer, but any religion that creates a scenario of disturbing the peace, such as the call to prayer. WHEN a religious practice violates ones rights and/or the laws, it is then enforceable under that law. This is why the church of satan cannot perform human sacrifices, it is illegal to murder.
Muslims cannot enforce Sharia law as it is and infringement on American rights. Christians cannot enforce their beliefs on others, which I believe is a BIG part of the abortion debate.

So you are right, but also we need to hold ALL religion accountable. Phobias of religious people did not happen for no reason.

(FYI I mean that for ALL religions, not just Islam)

Are Church Bells a Freedom of Religion or Disturbing the Peace?: www.datalounge.com...

Phoenix church bells declared disturbers of the peace: www.latimes.com...

Ancient church bells silenced after complaints from pub next door: www.christiantoday.com...

Religious Laws Long Recognized By U.S. Courts: www.npr.org...

Agree on the "A" word -- but not gonna go there in this thread.

Hmmm, Church of Satan -- well that's a whole 'nother story --- but, Christian witch burning might fall into human sacrifice (aka murder).

edit on 2-6-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

LOL you are right, I should have said "May not" instead of "Cannot." I'm sure they CAN sacrifice, it's just not legal.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Yep! 110% agree and I'm glad the law is still enforced before faith; it is the common ground between us all.

What always killed me about people's fear of Islam is that A) They do not know the true teachings of 'traditional' Islam are COMPLETELY non-violent (The extreme Imams are to blame for extremism in their interpretations) and B) Most traditional Muslims view their faith as part of the Jewish and Christian faiths as well; they just believe they are the most recent to have been contacted by God. Kinda blows a hole in the narrative, and we can't have that now can we.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: tanstaafl
I am aware.

Obviously not,,,

If you're gonna have freedom of religion for one religion -- you need to have it for all.

Islam is not a religion, it is a repulsive political ideology masquerading as a religion.

Let me know when the bells stop ringing for Christian churches.

Let me know when you take your blinders off...

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Yep! 110% agree and I'm glad the law is still enforced before faith; it is the common ground between us all.

What always killed me about people's fear of Islam is that A) They do not know the true teachings of 'traditional' Islam are COMPLETELY non-violent (The extreme Imams are to blame for extremism in their interpretations) and B) Most traditional Muslims view their faith as part of the Jewish and Christian faiths as well; they just believe they are the most recent to have been contacted by God. Kinda blows a hole in the narrative, and we can't have that now can we.

One source estimates that there are 34,000 separate Christian groups in the world: www.religioustolerance.org...

The Chrisitan's alone can't agree on their own faith.

Extremism is extremism -- no matter what label you choose to direct it to. Even Christians.

Radical Fundamental Christian Dominionism: Dominionism is heretical for many reasons but mostly because it says Jesus can’t return until the planet is “Christianized.” For Americans, this means a installing a theocracy based on Old Testament laws. If that sounds a lot like radical Islam to you, that’s because it is.:

luckyottershaven.com...#:~:text=Dominionism%20is%20heretical%20for%20many%20reasons%20but%20most ly,radical%20Islam%20to%20you%2C%20that%E2%80%99s%20because%20it%20is.

edit on 2-6-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Call to prayer can be rather annoying especially with the crappy massive speakers they seem to use.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Call to prayer can be rather annoying especially with the crappy massive speakers they seem to use.

Oh, Yeah!

Some churches have gotten very creative with electronic sound systems.

I don't need the gas powered lawn blower in the early morning hours either (or any time of the day).

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Oh, Yeah!

I don't need the gas powered lawn blower in the early morning hours either (or any time of the day).

How about a call to prayer app? They can get it over their Air-pods...

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Once an hour, around here.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Oh, Yeah!

How about a call to prayer app? They can get it over their Air-pods...

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   

What would they be sacrificing for? They don't believe in a diety.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
So they pick a city close to the Canadian border, strategically centrally located within the US, set up shop, make themselves at home whilst starting their antics (I have friends there), refusing social integration on the basis of religion, buying property and no one ever saw a problem wirh this? Chip, chip, chip away via Alinsky's playbook and once again American'ts sit idly by watching their country invaded from within.... AGAIN AND AGAIN. Don't get me started on China in Texas...

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: everyone
Lets tackle existing problems first.

There are no problems unless you hate the Constitution which doesn't even apply to you since you're a foreigner.

Who said that i am a forgeigner? nice assumption there...

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Remember when that Catholic priest, the Methodist Pastor, The Baptist Minister and those 16 altar boys flew planes into the World Trade Center?

Me either.

A call to prayer there times a day is not like a church bell marking the hour.

No thank you.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Freedom of religion, which I have no use for any, but this wouldn't bother me, it's a right.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

*shrugs*

Ain't nothin'.

Just don't tell me to not drink or eat bacon and we're cool.

My moms husband is Muslim, you should see him eat bacon..he is like, why did I not do this earlier, he drinks ok too

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Remember when that Catholic priest, the Methodist Pastor, The Baptist Minister and those 16 altar boys flew planes into the World Trade Center?

Me either.

A call to prayer there times a day is not like a church bell marking the hour.

No thank you.

So that represents all of em..

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Nope. Just like all priests don't molest kids. However, my point is that we do not see large groups of radicalized Christians killing each other. Don't remember the last time I saw a group of Baptists attack a synagogue in the US but you read about Shia/Sunni/faction violence daily in ME countries and I would rather not have that in the US.

Sounds like the moms husband is what we used to call as kids Catholic Light. Not a hard core practicer of faith but then again even the 9/11 hijackers hit the strip clubs and drank.

Freedom of religion means you can practice it not interrupt the lives of others on a daily basis.

It is not that I really dislike all Muslims but I do not agree with the call.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs
Fair enough, I wouldn't be bothered too much about it, but to each their own. For sure moms hubby is not particularly deeply devout, they see the hypocrisy in the religion, as with all religions.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join