It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim call to prayer arrives to Minneapolis soundscape

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That is your perception.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Elvicious1

How very Zen.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elvicious1
a reply to: Annee

"Sharia law is no different. It only applies to those who follow it."

...and when followers of sharia law come to your doorstep to enact their belief that you are an infidel, lower than a dog and behead you on the spot fulfilling their religious obligation, that's okay, right? Easy to say when you haven't experienced it firsthand overseas in a Muslim country, watching them cut some poor woman's head off while a thousand stand around, approvingly watching. Or maybe being buried up to your head in the sand without as much as a drop of water before rocks are hurled at you until your brains fall out. Not a pretty picture, right? Ever see that firsthand? Some of us have and will fight that until our own death.

. . . overseas in a Muslim country . . .

. . . overseas in another country . . . Christian militias take bloody revenge on Muslims in Central African Republic. Children are reportedly targeted by Christian anti-balaka gangs set up in wake of attacks by Muslim Seleka rebels.

. . . in the USA . . . US priest: Exorcisms on the rise as demons now haunt victims by text.

Look -- we can all go extremism.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, back to Sharia Law in the USA.

Religious groups in America have had their own set of laws since the beginning.

Sharia law (in the USA) is no different. It only applies to those who follow it.

. . . Sharia law is, effectively, of no force and effect in the United States because it is not a legally enacted body of law. Just as Jewish and Christian traditions might provide a basis for morality to its followers, but one could not cite to the Torah or Bible, so too is Islam and Sharia. Nevertheless, some have become so fearful of the influence of Islam that this wave of anti-Sharia law has taken hold. Suggesting that banning Sharia law is the only way to prohibit the stoning of adulterous women in the streets of America is ludicrous. www.hg.org...

edit on 4-6-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Annee
There is no atheistic behavior as there is no atheistic doctrine.

Au contraire...

Atheism is absolutely a religion, it is based on faith just as much as Christianty... the faith that there is no god. It is a belief, nothing more.

You're probably one of those "atheist in a foxhole" believers too.

Atheism is one thing: A lack of belief in gods.
Atheism is not an affirmative belief that there is no god nor does it answer any other question about what a person believes. It is simply a rejection of the assertion that there are gods. Atheism is too often defined incorrectly as a belief system. To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

Older dictionaries define atheism as “a belief that there is no God.” Clearly, theistic influence taints these definitions. The fact that dictionaries define Atheism as “there is no God” betrays the (mono)theistic influence. Without the (mono)theistic influence, the definition would at least read “there are no gods.”

Atheism is not a belief system nor is it a religion.
While there are some religions that are atheistic (certain sects of Buddhism, for example), that does not mean that atheism is a religion. To put it in a more humorous way: If atheism is a religion, then not collecting stamps is a hobby.

Despite the fact that atheism is not a religion, atheism is protected by many of the same Constitutional rights that protect religion. That, however, does not mean that atheism is itself a religion, only that our sincerely held (lack of) beliefs are protected in the same way as the religious beliefs of others. Similarly, many “interfaith” groups will include atheists. This, again, does not mean that atheism is a religious belief. www.atheists.org...

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Actually, my ATS friend, it is pure statistics. Closing your mind to probability excludes manifestation of process.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Actually, my ATS friend, it is pure statistics. Closing your mind to probability excludes manifestation of process.

You do assume.

Why do you think my profile lists location as: "Standing on the Moon"? Because when "Standing on the Moon" - you observe the entire planet, not just your little corner.

You have chosen to push an agenda. Unless your "powers" can change the Constitution of the USA -- your agenda is "still in the water".

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Ra reply to: Annee

Religion applies to those who experience it, whether they follow it or not, through religious action. Whether it be church bells or call to prayer or watching religious extremism. As far as US Law is concerned, it is based on inalienable right and primarily the Ten Commandments.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   

What am I assuming? If I thought about the meaning of your profile statement without clarification by asking you what it meant would be assumption and I did not. I have chosen nothing except to respond to statement and query. Prove otherwise without asking me my intent.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Ra reply to: Annee

Religion applies to those who experience it, whether they follow it or not, through religious action. Whether it be church bells or call to prayer or watching religious extremism. As far as US Law is concerned, it is based on inalienable right and primarily the Ten Commandments.

The "Golden Rule" etc, etc -- is hardly exclusive to Christianity. It's plainly just common sense.

The Ten Commandments of Solon the Athenian. Solon was born, we believe, around 638 B.C.E., and lived until approximately 558, but the date in his life of greatest importance to us is the year he was elected to create a constitution for Athens, 594 B.C.E.

Unlike the Commandments of Moses, none of these is outdated or antithetical to modern moral or political thought. Every one could be taken up by anyone today, of any creed–except perhaps only one

1. Trust good character more than promises.
2. Do not speak falsely.
3. Do good things.
4. Do not be hasty in making friends, but do not abandon them once made.
5. Learn to obey before you command.
6. When giving advice, do not recommend what is most pleasing, but what is most useful.
7. Make reason your supreme commander.
8. Do not associate with people who do bad things.
9. Honor the gods.
10. Have regard for your parents.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   

...and all can be applied to the Constitution and US Law. Especially reason. However, I don't remember reading that list in any Bible. It is your interpretation.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 06:36 PM
link   

...and all can be applied to the Constitution and US Law. Especially reason. However, I don't remember reading that list in any Bible. It is your interpretation.

USA is a secular government.

There is no need for a bible of any kind.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I've posted this before, but again:

In 1797, the Senate unanimously ratified the Treaty of Tripoli, which emphatically declares that “the Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.”And in his 1802 Letter to the Danbury Baptists, Thomas Jefferson explained why a “wall of separation” was erected between church and state.

Link

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Please read the history of the US Constitution.
The Constitution was based on principle not execution. The separation was from persecution.
edit on 642022 by Elvicious1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Please read the history of the US Constitution.
The Constitution was based on principle not execution. The separation was from persecution.

I was born here. I did go to school here.

The Constitution was a process of gathering together ideas.

What point exactly are you trying to make?

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl

Rotflmao!

You're probably one of those atheists that believes whatever their government petty-god-wanna-be-tyrant overlords tells you on the boob tube.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Are you unaware that our Constitution, especially a historically accurate portrayal of how our Constitution and government came into being, hasn't been taught in our schools for many decades - if ever - right?
Have you read the Federalist Papers. The Anti-Federalist Papers? Elliot's Debates? Madisons Papers?

If not, you have no clue - as is obvious by your inane comments on the subject.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Are you unaware that our Constitution, especially a historically accurate portrayal of how our Constitution and government came into being, hasn't been taught in our schools for many decades - if ever - right?
Have you read the Federalist Papers. The Anti-Federalist Papers? Elliot's Debates? Madisons Papers?

If not, you have no clue - as is obvious by your inane comments on the subject.

Why would I read the Federalist? I'm not into extremism.

Federal Law Requires Schools and Government Agencies to Teach US Constitution: nccs.net...

Kid is telling me it was taught in his 3rd period social studies class -- 8th grade.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Rotflmao!

You're probably one of those atheists that believes whatever their government petty-god-wanna-be-tyrant overlords tells you on the boob tube.

I rarely watch the boob tube.

I do like British period pieces.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Elliot's Debates

Elliot's Debate - Jonathan Elliot: after Elliot's death. It has long been criticized for its haphazard and biased editing, and it has been rendered obsolete by the Documentary History of the Ratification of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, 1787-1791, . . . en.wikipedia.org...(historian)

I get it -- it says what you want to hear.

What does any of this have to do with the OP/subject of this thread?

Muslim call to prayer arrives to Minneapolis soundscape

edit on 5-6-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Why would I read the Federalist? I'm not into extremism.

Extremism? The fact that would make such a comment in that context just hosws how clueless you are.

You cannot understand the meaning of many of the things in the constitution without understanding precisely what the framers used the words they used and/or what the meanings of those words were and why they did certain things the way they did.

Federal Law Requires Schools and Government Agencies to Teach US Constitution: nccs.net...

Yeah - and schools and government agencies always obey the law... right?

Kid is telling me it was taught in his 3rd period social studies class -- 8th grade.

Being asked to read it isn't teaching it.

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join