It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a terrible day - 21 dead most are children

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: Tropics

I do not follow your logic?

You suggest the only solution is to remove the guns?
Because it worked for Australia?
You seem not to have a great memory.
www.cnn.com...

If criminals followed laws, your solution would be great. Criminals do not follow laws. In fact that is why they are labeled criminals.

I appreciate your passion, your statements do not show me a valid solution.
Your statement of not having a mass shooting in Australia since the 90s is an outright lie, as my link shows.
And I do not know the stats of various violent crimes for bludgeons, stabbings, vehicular homicides and any of the major ways to inflict multiple harm without firearms.

Don't hate the tool, hate the wielder.
And do not blame a tool for the purpose the user puts it to.

This mass shooter was not a criminal until he started killing innocents.

The problem is easy access to guns.

You do recognize there is easy access to guns illegally? I'm mostly a legal person. I have never bought a gun. I suspect within 3 phone calls I would have contact with someone who would sell me a gun off the record if I wanted to.

As per your classification of this individuals criminality?
As I understand this specific incident, the first act was to shoot his grandmother, then drive a vehicle without a license, and then the school incident.

I am not used to seeing people going from law abiding to murder, without either provocation or some underlying issue, that would have manifested in ways before.
I think you are oversimplifying your conclusion.

The plain and simple is 400 million guns in the USA is the most accepted (or at least used) metric of guns. If we assume 400 mass shootings per year and we do the simple math of 400 shooting/ 4000000 guns we end up with a rate of 0.0001% gun violence per year/ per gun.
So not a problem of gun access. Try again.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Yes, FAR to easily, and with near zero risk of any real criminal charges.

Time to start enforcing existing laws again.

This:

"Parents begged police for upward of 40 minutes to stop Texas school shooter"

Should never have happened.

Anywhere. Ever.

It keeps happening because psychos know without a doubt that nobody on school property has the means to stop a shooter.

It will keep happening, regardless of gun laws, until that insane law and it's flashing neon signs that nobody on school property has the means to stop a shooter at every American school are permanently removed.

edit on 26-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
If this has been posted before I have not seen it. Here is a short statement by Mark Levin on a very good web site. Thanks to ATS for leading me here. Chris Russo's response hit home for me also. I like Massachusetts policy and wonder if it could be adopted nationally ? It seems like a pretty good way of curbing these shootings. Not perfect of course but it would help. www.washingtonexaminer.com...
udeo-christian-roots

Your Washington Examiner URL isn't working.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 01:47 AM
link   
It sure would be great if one of the relatives of a deceased child would punch these CBS, CNN, ABC anchors in the nose.

They put the camera in their face and ask questions like, "Tell me about your son. What was little 9 year-old Jose like?"

Then film the parent/parents crying for 20 seconds while getting up the energy to answer the moron's question.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I wonder what would happen if we posted 'gun free propaganda zones' around every democrat party office and protest gathering?

(Not to advocate for any kind of violence, to demonstrate the absurdity)

Perhaps they would be forced to stop pretending they didn't cause the rapid and continued increase in school shootings in the 90s and finally agree to let police in schools again?

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

but australia never had as many guns or a constitutional right to have them. cant compare the countries,different morals.

And until they change the law,last man in the U S alive the second shall not be abridged.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

but australia never had as many guns or a constitutional right to have them. cant compare the countries,different morals.

And until they change the law,last man in the U S alive the second shall not be abridged.

Because, just like Ukraine and all of Eastern Europe remembers what russia did to them for half a century, we remember what the British did to us for a century while not allowing anyone to own or possess firearms.

Never gonna happen again.

So perhaps we should start enforcing existing gun laws again and stop letting a political party use the issue and the murdered children for votes?

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

This:

Anywhere. Ever.

It keeps happening because psychos know without a doubt that nobody on school property has the means to stop a shooter.

It will keep happening, regardless of gun laws, until that insane law and it's flashing neon signs that nobody on school property has the means to stop a shooter at every American school are permanently removed.

Enforce existing laws? Why do we have laws if we do not enforce them?
Congrats. You solved the problem from an intellectual stand point.
How do we get it enforced?

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Again. The US is willing to send 40 billion to the Ukrainian while doing zilch to better secure schools.

Smashing but you sure are not the only nation providing financial support or military toys to Ukraine.

And the sad fact of the matter is we will always have monies for war, im not to chuffed with that prospect myself but it don't change the world we live in or the fact that we should be supporting Ukraine unless you wish to see Russia take the nation and possibly more of Europe.

Oh the hypocrisy.

Have you met the world yet mate?

Hypocrisy is kind of it's deal in spades.

There are more threats to children than mass shootings.

Not that they need to be protected from in school that springs to mind, but do tell me what's worse than the mass shootings they need to be protected from?

And don't make it some Quanonacrap Pizza Gate nonsense or critical race mumbo-jumbo, we are talking about real threats.

edit on 26-5-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

This:

Anywhere. Ever.

Enforce existing laws? Why do we have laws if we do not enforce them?
Congrats. You solved the problem from an intellectual stand point.
How do we get it enforced?

Elections matter.

Post will likely be deleted if I say more.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Because, just like Ukraine and all of Eastern Europe remembers what russia did to them for half a century, we remember what the British did to us for a century while not allowing anyone to own or possess firearms.

I don't want to derail the thread...but could you please try to explain this as I really fail to see the comparison with the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact countries and the UK/US.

What exactly did 'the British' do to you 'for a century'?
Are you sure no-one was allowed 'to own or possess firearms'?

I'm sorry, I honestly can't follow your reasoning here.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I don't want to derail the thread...but could you please try to explain this as I really fail to see the comparison with the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact countries and the UK/US.

What exactly did 'the British' do to you 'for a century'?
Are you sure no-one was allowed 'to own or possess firearms'?

I'm sorry, I honestly can't follow your reasoning here.

The British banned Americans from owning nearly any kind of weapon and treated Americans extremely poorly at the time, most (maybe all) of the first 10 amendments were a direct result of what the British had done, and were considered a direct slap in the face by the British government until they needed our assistance in ww1, haven't heard of a peep about it since then.

It resulted in things like the indiscriminate killing of civilians with zero repercussions, stealing land and homes from individual families (and the horrible things done to those families), and many other things that I hesitate to go into here. There's a reason the 'redcoats' were so hated here, that hatred had been well earned.

Perhaps someone interested should create a thread on the subject. Some of our well known users are actually historians, history authors, and history teachers, along with many learned ameteurs from both sides of the Atlantic so it could be a popular and informative topic for someone.

I don't create threads when I'm here to focus on a single major issue, and rarely even participate in threads unrelated to that issue, but murdering more children in schools will always get my attention, distraction or not.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 04:04 AM
link   

This dude Simon Whistler has some rather interesting facts regarding the American Civil war if you have a spare 15 mins.

I'm glad you won that one, considering what the British Empire was all about back then.

Shame you smashed a monarchy all the same but failed to beat the bankers.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The 'bankers' now work for us.

For better and worse.

That one is obviously still a work in progress.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Mate the bankers serve their own agenda, and that agenda is simply green.

Only two nations remain without connections to the world bank, Cuba and North Korea.

There are another 3, Andorra, Liechtenstein, and Monaco but they have more money than sense.

"Can you see what it is yet"?

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Mate the bankers serve their own agenda, and that agenda is simply green.

Only two nations remain without connections to the world bank, Cuba and North Korea.

There are another 3 others, Andorra, Liechtenstein, and Monaco but they have more money than sense.

"Can you see what it is yet"?

I was referring to the U.S. banking system and Americans.

Like or not (I don't), the bankers now work for us.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I was referring to the U.S. banking system and Americans.

Was not really the U.S. banking system that funded the American revolutionary war

Like or not, the bankers now work for us.

That's just not true, they bastards don't see lines on maps, they simply see future profit margins and spoils of war.

The banker's loyalties lie to themselves and the financial institutions they created.

If they want something they simply use their lobbyists and politicians to affect the political opinion.

People and places are just pieces on the game board to that mob.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 05:51 AM
link   
In the 80s I graduated and kids, students, carried their guns and or knifes to school. Lots of hunters and country boys. Never a problem. I don’t even remember hearing about one anywhere.

These drugs we give people make them crazy. Staying inside on devices all day some on these drugs at the same time makes them crazy. Go the f outside and play a sport.

We had common sense. Kids today are afraid to be hit. They are more willing to get in a gun fight than to throw hands.

We are raising crazy lazy cowards. When they do act out they will attack the easiest targets. A target rich environment with the least likelihood of resistance.

Sports, no video games, no drugs, two parents in the home, get them jobs out of the house.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

Sounds like you are describing the kind of people that probably should not have access to military-grade hardware and weapons all the same considering the type of horrendous acts of depravity they perpetrate.

That wee dude apparently walked into a shop on his 18th birthday and bought two rifles.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tropics
The only solution is to remove the guns.

There will always be irrational people in this world.

As an Australian, I am so f**king thankful we took care of this problem in the 90s and we haven't had a mass shooting since. USA are having more than one mass shooting a day this year.

If our gun laws were the same as the USA, we would have the same problem. But we don't, because we removed the guns.

Caring about your "right to bare arms" is not more important than all the lives that are being lost, not only in mass shootings, but all homicides and accidents involving guns.

It's time you get over yourselves and start caring about the lives of others.

You will never fix this if you don't remove the guns.

I've been saying this for years... It's clear to everyone except Americans..

Unfortunately their sense of "freedom", (Which in itself is ironic as the USA has the highest level of incarceration of any country on the planet), is intrinsically linked to owning a firearm... Strange...

Also, Americans believe more guns = safer....

I believe less guns = safer...

But you are beating your head against a brick wall..

"Caring about your "right to bare arms" is not more important than all the lives that are being lost, not only in mass shootings, but all homicides and accidents involving guns." VERY WELL WRITTEN COMMENT.. BRAVO.

PA

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join