It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Wondering again about the fires.

You made the point that these were valuable facilities to be targets of false flag actions.

Yet, it is difficult to imagine a resistance movement in Russia that has sprung up so quickly AND been able to penetrate the security of these facilities, assuming the fires were not accidental (3 in a week make that seem unlikely, at least for all 3).

I wondered about the timespan as well-It does seem too fast for a new group to have infiltrated these locations,but I was thinking it may be that other seperatists within Russia who have spent years infiltrating as sleeper cell types.
They may have decided now is the time to activate.

There are certainly a few groups in the Chechenya/Caucus areas who may very well be anti Kremlin after the # they have had done to them.

I was also wondering about hackers-I don't know if this is doable,but could it be possible to do something software related which would overload power systems resulting in fire?

I bet more than a few intel agency/official hackers are trying stuff like that,and now we have Annonymous,the official hackers can do what they want and blame Annonymous-pretty convienient really.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The Russians are using a de mining system in a strange way-

The system is called the UR-77 Meteorit and it uses a rope of high explosive which is shot longish distance and can destroy mines over a big area.

The Brits and US have something similar,which you may have seen used in Afghanistan-generally used to clear roads to allow vehcle to pass safely.

That is not how the Russians are using it however(at least in this instance)-

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I've been watching there is not alot to stop Ukraine from taking Crimea troop wise their threat is the black sea fleet. They are still a huge threat to anyone trying to get into Crimea.

Ukraine if successful will have the land bridge and then it is easy push if they can get that far. I think the Black sea fleet is a little worried about what happened with the Moskva. It was pretty ingenious they launched the missiles with out active guidance system on and then directed them with airborne radar. Moskva really didn't have a chance.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   
OK I have just found out there was a 3rd fire at another site of interest within Russia-Ths one took place on Friday(other 2 on Thursday)

twitter.com...

All three fires are covered here-

Russia has had three massive fires in two days.
One of the fires is at the largest chemical plant in the nation.
One is at a government design bureau specializing in ballistic and air defense missiles.
The third is either at a facility that makes ballistic missiles or a supporting warehouse.

While none of the three directly affect Putin’s War, they are all strategic targets that strike at Russia’s defense sector or its “private sector.”

The simplest explanation, by far, is action by someone to hurt Russia and send a public message that Russia is not off-limits to attacks, even if those attacks are not rockets and bombs.

redstate.com...

Looking less like a coincidence/accident now wth 3 fires on strategic targets in 2 days.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

*********************** BREAKING!!! ************************

Russia/Ukraine War: Ukraine Announced There Is Nuclear Warheads Onboard The Sunken Moskva

edit on 24-4-2022 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Russian Journalist Gives Update On What Russians Are Hearing About The War

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86
Russia have apparently sent a 110 year old "unusual" ship to salvage something from the sunken Moskva-

One of the most interesting ships of the Russian Navy, Kommuna (Коммуна) was laid down in 1912 and launched in 1913.
The unusual catamaran arrangement allows for small submarines to be carried between the hulls. It was originally intended to lift stricken submarines into this area.

www.hisutton.com...

They reckon this ancient ship likely has a DSRV minisub on board which it can use to investigate and maybe collect stuff from the wreak.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Let's hope not.

But it seems Russia has sent a salvage ship and a submersible to the wreck.
Looks like there could well be something onboard they don't want anyone else to find.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   
most likely fake news - deleted
edit on 24-4-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   
More on the 110 year old salvage vessel here-

Kommuna is a submarine salvage ship in service with the Russian Navy's Black Sea Fleet.
A double-hulled catamaran, she was laid down at the Putilov Factory (now the Kirov Factory) in St. Petersburg in November 1912 as Volkhov.
The ship was launched the following year, and commissioned on 14 July 1915.
She was renamed Kommuna on 31 December 1922.
Kommuna has served in the Russian Imperial, Soviet, and Russian Federation navies through the Russian Revolution and two World Wars.

en.wikipedia.org...

OK its super old-but it looks way ahead of its time to me and it has stayed in service so it must be useful.
Have a look at this picture of the ship leaving its dry dock for the first time in 1913-It straight away reminded me of the giant ship which sort of "eats" the submarine James Bond is on in one of the earlier Bond films.

en.wikipedia.org...:Volkhov_launched_at_Putilovskaya_Verf_in_Saint_Petersburg_17_November_1913.jpg

edit on 24/4/2022 by Silcone Synapse because: link

edit on 24/4/2022 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Nukes.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

At this point I'm going to say fake. I can't find any other source confirming the vote, or even that a referendum had been put forth.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Kind of what I was thinking...

so as not to drag the thread off topic the post has been removed.
edit on 24-4-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
a reply to: Xtrozero

*********************** BREAKING!!! ************************

Russia/Ukraine War: Ukraine Announced There Is Nuclear Warheads Onboard The Sunken Moskva

I thought they had a good number of them, not just one.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

If so, I hope they find them.

I know that might seem a bit strange given my dislike and distrust for Putin....but rather him than some of the more extreme elements operating in the area at the moment - on both sides!

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Agreed, mate.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   
More crazy theories from Russia:
The Boss of Russias chem/bio/nuke protection force reckons the Americans are planning a chem/bio/tactical nuke attack in Ukraine,and blame it on Russia.

MOSCOW, April 23. /TASS/.
The United States is preparing provocations to accuse the Russian side of using chemical, biological, or tactical nuclear weapons, Chief of Russian Radiation, Chemical, and Biological Protection Force Igor Kirillov announced on Saturday.

"The Russian Ministry of Defense has information about the United States preparing provocations to accuse the Russian Armed Forces of using chemical, biological, or tactical nuclear weapons," he said.

tass.com...

This is info meant for Russians at home I think-in case Putin decides to make a crazy move,he's already planted the idea that it was the US..

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 09:03 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Crazy as it is, the US already did it too.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Sunday, April 24, 2022 (BREAKING NEWS)

Secretary of State Blinken announced during his visit to Ukraine today, the U.S. is reopening its Ukraine embassy.

Source: www.npr.org...

Did the Russia-Ukraine conflict suddenly end?

new topics

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join