It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

He is a victim of believing his own propaganda. Also Putins approval ratings were in the high 60's before Ukraine. Now that he has given the Russian people a distraction, his popularity has jumped to the mid 80's. Contrary to Putins claims, he wants to resurrect the Soviet Union / Russian Empire.

If I was a Russian, living in Russia...I would be fearful of speaking my mind on any popularity phone poll for "butcher" Putin and his jackbooted thugs.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

He is a victim of believing his own propaganda. Also Putins approval ratings were in the high 60's before Ukraine. Now that he has given the Russian people a distraction, his popularity has jumped to the mid 80's. Contrary to Putins claims, he wants to resurrect the Soviet Union / Russian Empire.

If I was a Russian, living in Russia...I would be fearful of speaking my mind on any popularity phone poll for "butcher" Putin and his jackbooted thugs.

Over the last eight years, Pro-Russian Ukrainians living in Ukraine know exactly what that's like

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

there are two nuclear warheads for cruise missiles on board the Moskva,

I certainly hope they remain intact with whatever safely measures they have in place still fully functional.

Especially after the majority of the stored ordinance and ammunition being on fire.

Any idea how deep the water is where she sank?

last i heard it wasnt sunk,but it is gutted basically and was towed away. so TECHNICALLY you could call it "sunk"

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Russian state news confirmed it sank yesterday as stated earlier in this thread several times.

I find it hard to believe that there were no casualties.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Russian state news confirmed it sank yesterday as stated earlier in this thread several times.

Casualties depend on how the damage was caused in order to make it sink, there's nothing conclusive on that as yet

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

If it was hit by a missile or missiles I'd have thought there would have been casualties.

If the Russian version is what happened, a fire and ammunition popping off, ditto.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Mariupol is pretty much now in mostly Russian control. Guessing by Monday if not this weekend it’ll be over.

Going to look weird next weeks with people seeing on MSM about Eastern Ukraine getting taken over under Russian control.

While being misled daily with biased news shoving in their face how Russia sucks and Ukrainian army/NATO arms too good etc.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   

If it was hit by a missile or missiles I'd have thought there would have been casualties.

If the Russian version is what happened, a fire and ammunition popping off, ditto.

Of course, there's also still the possibility that neither of those things happened

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Russia has engaged in retaliatory strikes against those that sunk the ship. To me that is acknowledging that this was a successful Ukrainian strike.
Didn’t this also coincide with the release of the Snake Island stamp. Wasn’t this the same day?

Source?

As far as I'm aware, Russia threatened to hit "decision-making centres" in Kiev due to repeated Ukrainian attacks on Russian soil, Ukraine didn't desist and so Russia hit Kiev locations yesterday. There's also reports that Ukraine fired 2 Tochka-U rockets (similar to that used on the attack in Donetsk), both of which were shot down by Russian AD, and they also launched a helicopter attack in which they lost 1, also due to Russian AD.

I’m just reading the room so to speak.
Orcs bombed the anti-ship missile factory right away.
And of course the Snake Island Stamp release was pure coincidence?

Or, I guess it was just a ship that survived for 40 years, the offed itself on Snake Island Stamp day.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

Mariupol is being reported by MSM daily. They aren't exactly predicting a good outcome for Ukraine there.

How is that misleading?

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Yeah. Perhaps it just sank from natural causes?!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   

"It's not sunk. It's a 'Special Submarine Deployment Operation'."

quote: Jacq Daniels

"In 1993 the ship was commissioned as the Slava. In 1996 it was renamed Moskva. In 2022 it was renamed The Snake Island Memorial Reef."
quote: nub

"The 'Russian warship' always has only one direction."

"Russian ships can only go to the bottom."

quotes: President Zelenskyy

Russian Warship 'Moskva' SINKS In Black Sea: What Does It Mean? | DW News

edit on 15-4-2022 by Erno86 because: added a few words

edit on 15-4-2022 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Russia has engaged in retaliatory strikes against those that sunk the ship. To me that is acknowledging that this was a successful Ukrainian strike.
Didn’t this also coincide with the release of the Snake Island stamp. Wasn’t this the same day?

Source?

As far as I'm aware, Russia threatened to hit "decision-making centres" in Kiev due to repeated Ukrainian attacks on Russian soil, Ukraine didn't desist and so Russia hit Kiev locations yesterday. There's also reports that Ukraine fired 2 Tochka-U rockets (similar to that used on the attack in Donetsk), both of which were shot down by Russian AD, and they also launched a helicopter attack in which they lost 1, also due to Russian AD.

Or, I guess it was just a ship that survived for 40 years, the offed itself on Snake Island Stamp day.

Bombing Ukrainian military armament facilities has been a key Russian objective since day one, if we're thinking of the same factory, then the only difference there is that one was in a Kiev district, and it's exactly what Russia said they would do after Ukrainian attacks on their soil.

Rest is a mixture of conjecture and Ukrainian propaganda

If you say so, my point was that there's any number of reasons

edit on 09-19-1976 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I thought whilst being towed away it exploded capsized and went under yuppa.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

My understanding is there is not much of Mariupol left standing or undamaged.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
China is preparing to attack Russia. They have seen how ineffective they have been against Ukraine and how much equipment they have lost.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Source?

Bombing Ukrainian military armament facilities has been a key Russian objective since day one, if we're thinking of the same factory, then the only difference there is that one was in a Kiev district, and it's exactly what Russia said they would do after Ukrainian attacks on their soil.

I get it.
It either sunk by Russian negligence. Or by the flying fickle finger of Neptune.
The timing of events leads me to believe the latter.

Either way, The ship is gone.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Member3877

Yes, of course they are.........

Seriously?

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Member3877

That really would provoke a nuclear response from Putin because its not like he would have much else to lose.

China can simply sit back and watch the chaos thus win by not doing anything much.
edit on 15-4-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Source?

I get it.
It either sunk by Russian negligence. Or by the flying fickle finger of Neptune.
The timing of events leads me to believe the latter.

Either way, The ship is gone.

You're saying it yourself, it's conjecture then, which I guess is the main point here, until it's known for sure how it was sunk, then your flying, fickley Neptune thingy description is as good as any other reason I guess

edit on 09-19-1976 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join