It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 255
<< 252  253  254    256  257  258 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Do you honestly think the soldiers who have been fighting on the frontlines and constantly retreating believe they will be taking those lands back?

Ukrainian soldiers on the frontlines after they heard about the coming Kherson offensive.

t.me...

Ukrainian soldiers have been leaving scorched earth all through this war.

They have repeatedly tried to blow dams that would kill 1,000s of Ukrainian civilians. They don't care about civilian casualties. They would probably try to blame Russia for them and MSM would run their story.

t.me...
t.me...
t.me...
t.me...
t.me...
t.me...
t.me...

Since they targeted the Nuclear power plant once it is likely they will again. Just like with the dams they keep targeting. I don't need you to believe it. But if it gets targeted again and there is a radiation leak then I will just point back to my post on this attack and say "I told you"

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Do you honestly think the russian canon fodder who have been fighting on the frontlines and constantly retreating and deserting and surrendering believe they will be holding the lands they illegally occupy??

edit on 21-7-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

constantly retreating and deserting and surrendering

Is today opposite day? Last I checked Russia has over 6K Ukrainian POWs, they have been advancing and taking territory for months. The desertion thing makes no sense. Where are they going to go? They would be afraid to run in to Ukrainian forces because of all the videos Ukrainians released of them murdering and torturing POWs. They wouldn't be able to run to Russia or anywhere else. It is not like they can hike back through all the territory they took and not be caught or be mistaken for Ukrainians.

I would be surprised if Ukraine has even 1000 POWs. There were a lot of videos released by Ukrainians saying they don't take prisoners. Which was really dumb on their part. Every POW is a valuable source of intel. I assure you that Russia has the good sense to have utilized all the videos of tortures and murders of Russian POWs to instill a deep fear in Russians about surrendering. On the other hand, Russia constantly releases videos of how they treat Ukrainian POWs well on telegram and other sources that the Ukrainians with poor discipline with their phones can access.

Wow, believe whatever you want. lol

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Deflection is not answering the question... try again.

Why is Putin attempting to use russian prisoners to beef up the numbers on the field?
Why is Putin attempting to seal a deal with Iran should things continue to go south for Putin in Russia?
Why has Putin gotten a bunch of new laws to go after people for criticizing Putin and the military?

Why cant you answer questions directly instead of deflecting?
Why cant you answer questions without lying?

I look forward to your deflections.
edit on 21-7-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Deflection is not answering the question... try again.

Your question was based on lies. Ones that defy factual information and logic. To answer would be like agreeing with the premise.

Ask an honest question or don't. Not that it matters because we both know you won't accept an answer that doesn't conform with your narrative.

I am not siri either. You don't get to just ask questions on any subject you like and demand answers without me calling out your BS.

However, I will answer the question of if they plan to hold the territory. The answer is yes and there isn't any possible way that Ukraine can take it back without hundreds of billions more in begged and borrowed assistance from NATO nations.

Since you only listen to Biden, MSM, and Ukraine I am sure you disagree but I am way past carrying what you think.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Reports being posted of 3 Ukrainian Kamakazi drones attacking the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant.

The reactor in the facility is reportedly still functioning.

t.me...

I don't doubt it. Russia is storing missile systems and launching them from the power plant grounds. Also said to be using jamming equipment from the site. Oh, by the way, they are not attacking the power plant; rather, the Russians and their equipment that are/were on the grounds near the power plant. There's a difference to anyone with a critical mind.

Russia is using Europe's largest nuclear power plant as a base to store weapons, including "missile systems", and is using it as a base from which to shell the surrounding areas in Ukraine, an official with Kyiv's nuclear agency said Friday, while nearly the entire country was placed on air raid alert

www.france24.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Do you honestly think the soldiers who have been fighting on the frontlines and constantly retreating believe they will be taking those lands back?

History is often a good teacher. Usually, the invader ends up back where they started. Just look at the lands the Russian took and occupied during and after WW2. It's all back where it belongs, except a few bits.

Just because Russia has the stupidity to start a war and occupy someone else's land does not make it either right, or permanent.

So yes, I do think that lands illegally occupied by the Russian regime will ultimately be returned to Ukraine.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 07:27 AM
link   
20 July update

Key Takeaways

* The current Russian offensive will likely make marginal territorial gains northeast of the E40 highway in Donetsk before culminating along the E40.

* Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said that Russia is pursuing expanded territorial gains in Ukraine beyond Luhansk and Donetsk Oblast, confirming ISW’s assessment that the Kremlin seeks to capture territory beyond Donbas.

* Russian forces resumed limited ground attacks northwest of Slovyansk and around the Donetsk City-Avdiivka area.

* Russian forces continued localized ground assaults east of Siversk and made marginal gains northeast of Bakhmut.

* Ukrainian forces conducted the second consecutive high-precision strike against the Antonivskyi Bridge-- a major Russian logistics artery east of Kherson City.

* Russian occupation authorities are likely propagandizing recent Ukrainian high-precision strikes and partisan activity to set conditions for mass deportations of Ukrainian citizens to Russian territory.

More at URL above.

Looks like the Ukrainians may be conducting preparatory fires in south Ukraine. Offensive coming soon?

Cheers

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

I don't doubt it. Russia is storing missile systems and launching them from the power plant grounds.

Your source is a government official of Ukraine making a claim.

Also said to be using jamming equipment from the site.

That would explain why the Kamakazi drones didn't manage to cause a nuclear disaster.

That is good news and I am glad they had the foresight to have it if it is indeed true.

Are you under some false impression that jamming equipment there could be used as anything aside from defensive?

Oh, by the way, they are not attacking the power plant; rather, the Russians and their equipment that are/were on the grounds near the power plant. There's a difference to anyone with a critical mind.

Again, your source is a Ukrainian official making a claim. Don't talk to me about having a critical mind if you are unconditionally trusting what he claims.

They have access to US satellites and imaging. If the claim was true then they could make a huge stink about it just by providing a tiny bit of photographic evidence.

Where is your critical thought?

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   

"Where is your critical thought?"

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   

More from Putins Fan Boy Brian " Uncle Fester " Berletic.

He has never spoken a true word in his life.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   

edit on 21-7-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   

"Again, your source is a Ukrainian official making a claim. Don't talk to me about having a critical mind if you are unconditionally trusting what he claims."

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   
BBC News - Russia about to run out of steam in Ukraine - MI6 chief
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

History is often a good teacher. Usually, the invader ends up back where they started. Just look at the lands the Russian took and occupied during and after WW2. It's all back where it belongs, except a few bits.

It might look like it's "all back where it belongs," but it isn't. Stalin moved everything westwards and created the illusion of normailty.

Shifted at least 12,000,000 Germans out of present day Poland, Rumania, Hungary, Baltics, Czech Sudetanland, moved them west. Largest migration the world has seen until recent years. Filled that region with Poles. Those Poles were moved out of present day Ukraine and Belarus and settled westwards. Everything was moved to the west. Stalin was obsessed with moving everything to the west.

The important check over the next couple of years is watching out for a similar ethnic cleansing through moving the goal posts westwards. The Russians have been doing this for centuries and they create an illusion of everything's back to the status quo, all the time shifting peoples to the west.

If we see a time whereby Moscow controls Donbas, the Kharkov zone, also maybe Odessa, basically the east and south, watch out for large scale population movements of Ukranians going west and Russian incomers taking the vacant properties. Polish cities like Lvov of the last century were filled with Ukranians post 1945 in an effort to further Moscow's domain. Now those residents of places like Lvov have proved their loyalty to Moscow has waned I seriously expect them once again to be turfed out long term and new settlers to take their place.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Yes. Russia, ethnic cleansing for a hundred years. The policy of the utterly morally broken.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Yes. Russia, ethnic cleansing for a hundred years. The policy of the utterly morally broken.

For sure
and a devious tactic they've used for hundreds of years. Keep an eye out for more of the same. Destabilisation is a major result of the movement westwards. In many ways the masses of Jewish people forced westwards by the Russians pre 1917 gave rise to the Nazi style parties all over the central European cities in the early 20th century. End result a world war. Same could well happen again if the Russians again send millions and millions of people westwards into a central European region currently eetering on the edge of a major recession, ironically caused by Moscow's weaponisation of gas. Russia are really going for broke by the look of things and the decree turning over industry recentlky to a full war economy adds to the conspiracy.

(post by nolabel removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   

<< 252  253  254    256  257  258 >>

join