It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 235
<< 232  233  234    236  237  238 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Just in case you are wondering the bottom of the photo says when it was taken.

I see you learned a lesson when you posted an image taken in 2018 and claimed it was current. Apparently it is only one way with you though.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I was man enough to admit when I was wrong instead of going on the attack.

Unlike some here.
edit on 28-6-2022 by Grimpachi because: grammar

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I see you once again are lashing out without having all the facts. The article was removed when the other poster commented on needing sleep. That was done before your last comment in the thread.

and you were not man enough to admit you made a mistake. Instead you attacked me and lied about the article by claiming -

From page 226 of this thread -
After you got called out for making the false claim the picture was current, i pointed out your lie by showing the date on the picture - 2018. Since it is 2022 the image you posted is NOT current. You left the image, and never corrected your lie. What you did attempt though was this -

Lie? No. I guess you don't know what a euphemism is.

Trying to pass your lie off as a euphemism...
You lied then, you are lying now, and you wouldn't know what being a man is unless Putin told you

You done lying now?

Your lie - ATS p226
The truth - my post p 226
you pretending to be a man - euphemism
edit on 28-6-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   

There you go again.

You just can't admit you were wrong.

Now that I look back I see his post. Why do you assume that I read every post in this thread?

Did you know there is a function on ATS that lets you see whenever someone responds to you and allows you to reply?

It is in the top right corner.

I see your usual dishonest tactics are still at work claiming I was being literal about that pic being from that day even after I pointed out that I have posted it months ago.

Just as I thought you are still upset about when I busted you lying that you are ready to jump at anything while being dishonest about intent.

Edit to add- when you said I was wrong about a pic I honestly thought you meant when I was actually wrong about something here and admitted it. It happens. But no, This was just another one of your falsehoods. Much like when you went crazy mad over the fact I said I didn't know about a separate conflict and started lying claiming that I did and then started insulting me.

edit on 28-6-2022 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   

tell all the lies you want. no one is listening...

whats even funnier is the links are to your lie, err post. So were you lying then or are you lying now?

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   
more denial of truth and embracing ignorance from Putin -

Russian opposition politician detained in Moscow - journalist, lawyer

(Reuters) - Prominent Russian opposition politician Ilya Yashin was detained in Moscow on Monday, a lawyer for opposition figures and a Russian journalist said on their social media accounts.

Irina Babloyan, a journalist and a host at the now defunct Ekho Moskvy radio station, said Yashin was detained while the two were walking together.

"I was walking with my friend, Ilya Yashin, in the park ... The police came and took Ilya away," Babloyan said on the Telegram messaging app.

Lawyer Vadim Prokhorov, who has represented many Russian opposition figures, also said Yashin was in police custody for the alleged administrative violation of disobeying a police officer.

"I'm not allowed to visit the (Moscow) Luzhniki Police Department to (see) the detained Ilya Yashin," he said on his Facebook page.

Putin is a lying coward who is still waiting on the spine donor.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 09:38 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Why do you think it couldn't knock glass bottles off of their shelves? Wouldn't that depend on where the bottles are located more than anything?

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Why do you think it couldn't knock glass bottles off of their shelves?

Because 500 kgs of RDX high explosive is enough to almost completely level that entire mall.

That is the listed payload of a Kaliber cruise missile. Plus they can reach Mach 3.0 which would have added to the explosion when it hit.

Forget the idea of there being anything left on the shelves because there wouldn't be any shelves or walls.

From the video and pictures, we see where everything collapsed in from the fire. If a missile had hit the mall the roof would have been blown up and out.

The Oniks cruise missile has a payload that is about 200KG lighter, same speed but armor-piercing. This means it will leave a huge crater where ever it hits.

If it was an Iskander then they can carry up to 700 Kgs of high explosive and they move at almost match 6.

Whatever the missile was it definitely didn't hit the mall. It could have hit close by but it wasn't a direct hit. Of that, I am 100% sure.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 01:33 AM
link   

What makes you believe you are sure of that? That's not consistent with what I've seen, looking at this video of iskender strike on Aziz National Hospital in Syria, for example: www.reddit.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 02:55 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 03:01 AM
link   
* - At Lysychansk direction Russian army continued assault on Lysychansk and at Vovchoyarivka - Verkhniokamianka direction, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian army shelled Ukrainian positions near Mayaky and Serebrianka, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - At Sloviansk direction Russian army conducting assault actions at Bohorodychne-Krasnopillia, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - 2 dead as result of Russian missile strike in Dnipro city yesterday

* - Russians storm Lysychansk and try to take control of Bakhmut-Lysychansk highway

* - Russian army shelled Tsyrkuny, Derhachi, 3 districts of Kharkiv city, Chuhuiv, Pechenihiv yesterday with MLRS

* - Smoke in Dnipro city after explosion

* - 7 wounded as result of Russian missile strike in Dnipro city yesterday

* - Explosions in Dnipro city

* - Possible air defense working over Synelnykove district

* - Residential apartments block destroyed as result of Russian missile strike in Mykolaiv

* - 2 killed, 3 wounded as Russian missile hit residential apartments block in Mykolaiv

* - Photos: parachute found in Kursk near Lukoil pertrol station in APZ-20 district

* - Explosions reported in Mykolaiv

* - Big fire in Kharkiv after Russian missile strike

* - 2 people killed, 3 wounded as result of multiple Russian attacks, including with helicopters, MLRS GRAD and howitzers shelling in Sumy region today

* - Photo: Missile launch from Bilhorod, explosion in Kharkiv in 65 seconds

* - Kursk governor Starovoit claims Ukrainian drone shot down east to Kursk at 22:17 local time

* - Explosion reported at airbase in Kursk

* - Explosions reported in Kharkiv

* - Farm in Ivanivka village of Donetsk was destroyed as result of Russian shelling

* - Ukraine's president calls on UN to investigate Russian forces' targeting of a shopping center in Kremenchuk

* - In addition to missile strikes, Russian artillery shells hit the Kryvyi Rih district during the day. Hits on Zelenodolsk and on Velyka Kostromka. 1 person wounded

As a reminder

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

Resources - Where most of the updates come from.
* - Flightradar24 - tracks flights worldwide
* - Live Ukraine control map 1 - updates on the ground
* - Ukraine Control Map 2
* - Ship radar
* - Military vessel tracker
* - Institute for the Study of War (ISW)
* - Stopfake - Countering Russian propaganda about Ukraine
* - MilitaryLand - Maps

Youtube resources -
* - Speak the Truth
* - War in Ukraine
* - Artur Rehi - Estonain soldier
* - Daily Report

Social media resources -
* - Twitter - Jomini of the West - Battlefield Maps

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Its being reported that the missiles which hit the shopping mall/industrial area were air launched anti ship cruise missiles called the Kh-22 or x-22.
One was captured on CCTV before inpact-
i.redd.it...

Yes its a reddit link,but other news outlets are also showing the photo.

en.wikipedia.org...

Why use an anti ship missile on land targets?
Maybe running low on other types?

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Because 500 kgs of RDX high explosive is enough to almost completely level that entire mall.

When Vesuvius erupted in 79AD it released energy equivalent to 100,000 times the Hiroshima bomb. The pyroclastic collapse column sheared buildings in half yet they found intact objects of delicate nature inside those buildings such as undamaged wax tablets. Violent explosions can have highly variable effects on their surroundings.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Setting a bomb off inside something compresses the blast wave. A bomb going off in a building is far different than a volcano explosion. Simply putting something as thin as a sheet of newspaper over a charge will compress it and cause a major difference. Plus the post above yours if true shows the second missile. The missile landed outside of the mall. That accounts for both missiles and would confirm that the mall was not hit.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Why use an anti ship missile on land targets?
Maybe running low on other types?

They are a 60 year old design with a 1000 Kg RDX charges. Why not use them instead of retiring them?

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   

In order to shear a building in half, the volcanic eruption has to enter the building. Similar to how a knife has to enter a cucumber to cut it. And I don't think they had newspapers in Pompeii, but they had brick walls.

When we're talking about a missile going off inside a shopping mall or on the roof, it's true that a higher share of the total energy will hit that building. Compared to a volcano and a city on the slopes of that volcano. But that doesn't mean a volcanic blast wave won't be compressed inside a building it encounters.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   

A bomb going off in a building is far different than a volcano explosion.

Actually it's not, the pyroclastic collapse column was an analog to the atomic bomb blasts just on a much large scale. The results in both cases saw combustible or delicate material survive both explosions while objects inches away were obliterated. Explosions are not uniform in their damage.

See Ghosts of Vesuvius by Charles Pellegrino.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
And I don't think they had newspapers in Pompeii, but they had brick walls.

There was instances of papyrus and wax tablets surviving, both very delicate material when it comes to heat and shockwaves.

new topics

top topics

<< 232  233  234    236  237  238 >>

join