It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 210
<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Reminder....

This is the topic:

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

Let's please stick to UPDATING that topic.

QUIT THE BICKERING!
And name-calling will not be tolerated.

Go after the ball not the player.

Do NOT feed the trolls!
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is it TROLLING, or just a difference of opinion????

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.
Ignoring this responsibility could include temporary POSTING BANS.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

edit on Mon Jun 13 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 10:26 PM
link   

đź’Ą High-precision air-based missiles (t.me...) near Udachnoe railway station in Donetsk People's Republic have destroyed a large number of weapons and military equipment delivered to a group of Ukrainian nationalists, including from the USA and European countries. In addition, a temporary foreign mercenary deployment site near Fedorovka, Lugansk People's Republic, and 2 batteries of multiple rocket launchers near Progress, Kharkov Region, and Volcheyarovka, Lugansk People's Republic, have been destroyed.

đź’Ą Missile troops and artillery (t.me...) have hit 247 areas of AFU manpower and military equipment concentration, 13 command posts, 63 firing positions of AFU artillery units, including 7 multiple rocket launchers near Artemovsk, Slavyansk, Soledar and Sol', as well as 1 radio-electronic warfare station near Pokrovskyi in Donetsk People's Republic.

t.me...

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Day 110 of Putins 5 day war -

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 12:20 AM
link   

"A plane of the Ukrainian army was shot down over Gorlovka, the pilot ejected, he survived and is being interrogated, militiamen say"

t.me...

The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine acknowledged the loss of control over the center of Severodonetsk.

Now the defense of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the rest of the city is holding on to the industrial zone with the Azot plant and the railway network adjacent to it.

▪️The size of the industrial zone of Severodonetsk is comparable to the size of the Mariupol "Azovstal": this is a site with an area of about 6 km2. Unlike Azovstal, the industrial zone of Severodonetsk turns into fields and forests, resting on the Seversky Donets River. The bridges have been destroyed and Ukrainians can only swim to retreat.
But this is still an extremely difficult territory for an assault.

▪️The command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine understands this very well: it was the commander of the grouping of troops in the Severodonetsk-Lisichansk agglomeration,Major General of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Nikolyuk, who yesterday ordered to blow up the Proletarsky bridge across the Seversky Donets in order to prevent the units defending in the industrial zone of Severodonetsk from leaving.
The destruction of bridges by the Armed Forces of Ukraine has been confirmed by the intelligence of Great Britain. According to British analysts, this is an effective method of curbing the pace of the Russian Armed Forces offensive. There is no longer a word about the need to protect critical infrastructure: on the contrary, Ukrainian protégés seem to be being pushed to destroy all roads and bridges so that Russian Armed Forces throw all their forces into Seversky Donets along its entire length.

▪️Now the defense of the industrial zone is held by joint units of the 4th Special Purpose Brigade of the National Guard, the 115th separate motorized of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the 118th territorial defense brigade, and a few detachments of a group of mercenaries.

The abandoned Ukrainian units are buying time for the group that has established itself in Lisichansk. Another group of 80 fighters arrived there the day before to strengthen the defensive lines. But the Ukrainian side still lacks people and equipment.

t.me...

[Forwarded from Eternal Bolshevik]
[ Video ]
Ukraine orders 100 BATT UMG armored vehicles.

t.me...

thegrayzone.com...

US agencies have directly and indirectly trained and empowered Nazis and ultra-nationalists at home and abroad to fight Russians in Ukraine. This program follows the blueprint established by Western intelligence agencies in Afghanistan and Syria.

Today, the CIA, US Special Forces, and other branches of government are training regular units in Ukraine. With US support, far-right elements of those units go on to train and recruit for Nazi paramilitary units and gangs. White nationalist Americans are allowed to travel to Ukraine and train paramilitaries and/or receive training, depending on the individual or group. State-corporate media have confirmed the existence of a major CIA training program involving “irregular” (i.e., terrorist) warfare, but we do not yet know the name of the operation.

By March this year, at least 3000 US citizens were allegedly on the Ukrainian battlefield. In April, John T. Godfrey, the State Department’s Acting Coordinator for Counterterrorism, said of American extremists going to fight: “when they return, they have skill – they typically come back more radicalized than when they left … [T]hey do have hard skills that they are able to, in some cases, use in attacking targets domestically.” In intelligence circles, this is called “blowback.”

It is a seemingly in-depth article with a who-is-who right-wing nationalist lineup of those that have gone to Ukraine. The US will be a lot better off if they don't come back.

Many will, and there is definitely going to be blowback from this. Another interesting thing in the article was that their freedom of information requests were simply ignored. Which is supposed to be illegal.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 12:51 AM
link   

thegrayzone.com...

The Grayzone's news content is generally considered to be fringe, with its content ideologically centered around the website's desire for a multipolar world. Along this vein, the website has supported the government of Bashar al-Assad in Syria, publishing content denying that the Syrian government used chemical weapons against civilians during the Syrian civil war, and accused OPCW investigators of a "cover-up."]

The Grayzone maintains a pro-Kremlin editorial line. The website published pro-Russian propaganda during the Russian invasion of Ukraine, including the debunked claim that Ukrainian fighters were using civilians as human shields. The Russian fake news website Peace Data promoted articles from The Grayzone.

The website has also denied the scope of the Xinjiang internment camps and the Uyghur genocide, downplaying widely reported abuses by the Chinese government against Turkic Muslim minorities in Xinjiang.

False claims published by The Grayzone are referenced by Twitter users who back Assad and the Russian government.

The Grayzone is no better than Southfront or the Newsfront. All 3 sources are identified as propaganda pushing the Russian narrative. Be leery of news posted by Grayzone, Southfront or Newfront - It is not trustworthy.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 12:52 AM
link   
13 June update

Key Takeaways

* Russian forces pushed Ukrainian defenders from the center of Severodonetsk and reportedly destroyed the remaining bridge from Severodonetsk to Lysychansk on June 13, but Ukrainian officials reported that Ukrainian forces are not encircled in the city.

* Russian forces carried out unsuccessful ground assaults in an attempt to sever Ukrainian ground lines of communications (GLOCs) near Popasna and Bakhmut.

* Russian forces launched unsuccessful offensive operations southeast of Izyum and north of Slovyansk, and are likely setting conditions for an assault on Siversk and northwestern Ukrainian GLOCs to Lysychansk.

* Russian forces are likely conducting a limited offensive directly northeast of Kharkiv City in a likely attempt to push Ukrainian forces out of artillery range of Russian rear areas and secured some successes.

* Russian and Ukrainian forces are engaging in ongoing fighting for Davydiv Brid in northwestern Kherson Oblast.

* Russian occupation authorities likely staged terrorist activity in Melitopol and Berdyansk for Russia Day on June 12.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Bodies of Ukrainians discovered with knees shot 'tells us that people were tortured,' Ukrainian police say

* - Ukrainian authorities are still discovering more mass graves in the town of Bucha this week.
* - Russian forces occupied the Kyiv suburb for most of March before Ukraine retook the town in early April.
* - Bodies discovered on Monday had their hands tied behind their backs and had been shot in the knees.

Ukrainian workers this week exhumed bodies from yet another mass grave near the formerly-occupied town of Bucha, according to the Associated Press.

Russian soldiers occupied the Kyiv suburb for most of March, leaving behind a trail of atrocities upon their withdrawal. Since Ukrainian forces retook Bucha at the beginning of April, authorities said they've discovered 1,316 bodies, several of which were disposed of in mass graves or in Bucha's nearby forests, according to the AP.

click link for article

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 01:03 AM
link   
* - Kryvyi Rih, Dnipro, Dnipropetrovska Oblast(09:00). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Odeska Oblast(08:59). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Explosion at Russian military unit in Klintsy, Bryansk region (inside Russia)

* - Explosions in Kharkiv

* - Occupation authorities in parts of Donetsk region claim the most intensive shelling since 2014 targeted Donetsk today (contrary to what some say, there is still a Russian (includes the fake republics military) military presence in Donetsk.

* - Occupation authorities in parts of Donetsk region of Ukraine asking Putin for “additional military forces”

* - Explosion and fire in Olenivka

* - Head of Luhansk regional administration: all bridges to Sieverodonetsk destroyed, but there is a communication line with a town

* - Parts of projectiles after shelling at Hladkivka district of Donetsk

* - Fire today in Shebekino district of Belgorod region

* - During the day Russian army shelled Oleksandrivka, Ivashky, Svitlychne of Zolochiv territorial community. No casualties, only material damage

* - Damage at Tryoneva street in Donetsk as result of shelling

* - At Bakhmut direction Russian army shelled Ukrainian positions with howitzers and MLRS. Hostilities at directions Toshkivka-Ustynivka, Orikhove-Zolote, Komyshuvakha-Vrubivka, Vasylivka-Bilohorivka, Nyrkove-Mykolaivka, Dolomytne - Novoluhanske, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - Russian forces bringing more reinforcements at Kryvyi Rih direction, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - Russian forces conducted assault actions in Sieverodonetsk, conducted offensive at Metyolkine, but failed, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - Russian army conducted assault actions at Bohorodyche, failed and withdraw, fortifying in north-western part of the village, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - Russian army shelled Zapsillya of Sumy region, Hirsk and Hremyach of Chernihiv region, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - More explosions in Donetsk

* - Lithuanian TV Anchor Andrius Tapinas: We just bought and will deliver asap 110 powerful Lithuanian made antidrone cannons - EDM4S Sky wipers. Price - 1 500 000 euro. Cannons will be distributed among 35 Ukrainian military units

* - Grave with 7 bodies with signs of tortures found at former positions of Russian troops near Myrotske village of Kyiv region

* - Destruction in the town of Zelenodolsk after Russian shelling overnight

* - The government of Ukraine has banned the export of fuel oil, Ukrainian gas and some types of coal

* - European Commission today had an orientation debate on the membership application of Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia today. looks like candidate status with conditions for Ukraine and Moldova but still question marks about Georgia. decision on Friday and member states to give final verdict next week

Resources - Where most of the updates come from.
* - Flightradar24 - tracks flights worldwide
* - Live Ukraine control map 1 - updates on the ground
* - Ukraine Control Map 2
* - Ship radar
* - Military vessel tracker
* - Institute for the Study of War (ISW)
* - Stopfake - Countering Russian propaganda about Ukraine
* - MilitaryLand - Maps

Youtube resources -
* - Speak the Truth
* - War in Ukraine
* - Artur Rehi - Estonain soldier
* - Daily Report

Social media resources -
* - Twitter - Jomini of the West - Battlefield Maps

edit on 14-6-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Genocide. Do you mean the Bandera groups that genocided tens of thousands of poles and Jews?

No, I was clearly talking about genocide directed at Ukrainians. Bandera himself was Ukrainian, but I think you're well aware of that.

You act like everything happened separately. As if Ukraine was not a stronghold SS divisions. You honestly paint them as poor victims when they are anything but.

What makes you think I've acted like that, could you explain? I wasn't just talking about the Holodomor but also previous centuries. And are you implying that what Bandera did gives Russia the right to genocide Ukrainians now, you think they have the right to take revenge on modern Ukrainians?

I really don't get how so many are so dedicated to whitewashing Ukraine and it's history.

As for it being inconsequential. Inconsequential to who? Obviously you.

You keep throwing these accusations that you never back up, but I won't work on me. And I mean inconsequential to you as well as me. That's clear because you're now bringing up real atrocities from history since your fake ones from this day and age didn't impress me.

I have news for you. That happened on both sides. Look up little green men and I think it was black pajamas or men in black.

So I take it you admit that the Russians used illegal combatants, but Azov did not? It's just hard for you to say it in so many words?

The criminals of course. Do you know what safari means in Ukraine? It means rich white guys that would come out and pay to hunt down humans in Donbas. It didn't have to be military hunted down either.

Well then I can answer your question, I don't think Russia made any criminals join Azov. That's a cool story though, lol. Did they also hunt down Russian babies and old babushkas?

They can be sovereign. They are just going to have less territory to be sovereign on after this. Actions have consequences and the sovereign designation doesn't stop those consequences from coming to fruition.

If Russia fails, yeah. I don't think they're ready to give up yet though, we'll have to see what happens. Of course personally I think a "coalition of the willing" led by Poland or maybe UK or something should get involved directly in the war.

That includes sponsoring coups, yes?

Yeah, I could see people saying "they sponsored a coup in a sovereign country". It's probably less attention-grabbing than an invasion.

IMO it is up to the people living there and having to deal with the consequences of the regime change to decide.

Woah hold on, so you actually don't support Russia sponsoring coups and moving in their army to decide for them?

In most places they get older they can leave or they can take part of the benefits from that contract.

Well then they'd have to participate in some other country. So it depends on what they can find.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

The Bandera fixation of the pro-Russia crowd is more cherry picking. They don't want to talk about Vlasov, the Russian general who fought for the Nazis after the Soviets left his shock army to be destroyed behind German lines. They don't want to talk about the "Russian Army of National Liberation", a bunch of former Russian soldiers organized to fight for the Nazis.

Ultimately, it is all stupid misdirection. The events of 2022 are not direct outgrowths of the politics of the 1940s.

Once again, the best way to end the war is for Putin to pull his army out of Ukraine. The Russian state just can't get away from its love of 19th century colonialism.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

thegrayzone.com...

The Grayzone's news content is generally considered to be fringe, with its content ideologically centered around the website's desire for a multipolar world. Along this vein, the website has supported the government of Bashar al-Assad in Syria, publishing content denying that the Syrian government used chemical weapons against civilians during the Syrian civil war, and accused OPCW investigators of a "cover-up."]

The Grayzone maintains a pro-Kremlin editorial line. The website published pro-Russian propaganda during the Russian invasion of Ukraine, including the debunked claim that Ukrainian fighters were using civilians as human shields. The Russian fake news website Peace Data promoted articles from The Grayzone.

The website has also denied the scope of the Xinjiang internment camps and the Uyghur genocide, downplaying widely reported abuses by the Chinese government against Turkic Muslim minorities in Xinjiang.

False claims published by The Grayzone are referenced by Twitter users who back Assad and the Russian government.

The Grayzone is no better than Southfront or the Newsfront. All 3 sources are identified as propaganda pushing the Russian narrative. Be leery of news posted by Grayzone, Southfront or Newfront - It is not trustworthy.

Of course, it's propaganda just like your articles are.

But, can you prove they lied?

Your article is interesting tho.

They claim to have found over 1300 bodies when the investigation with outside observers said 320 last I checked and the mass graves they were digging up were ones that Ukraine filled after they took back the city. I even have video clips of them filling the mass graves.

There is a strong smell of BS coming from your article especially since the info comes from Kyiv authorities. The same Kyiv that released a video of Bucha with footage from Irpin.

Oh well, it is all propaganda. It is up to us to determine fact from fiction from them all.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 01:29 AM
link   
'Putin’s palace': inside this lavish $1.4bn Russian mansion

The Black Sea behemoth said to belong to the Russian president
Anti-corruption activists have released hundreds of photos of what they claim is the $1.4 billion mega-mansion Vladimir Putin has been covertly building on the Black Sea coast. Ridiculously opulent, the magnificent residence is fit for a tsar, never mind a president, and boasts jaw-dropping amenities you won't believe, like an underground ice rink, 'aqua-disco' and even a louche lap-dancing lounge. Click or scroll through for a tour of the OTT pad.

click link for slideshow of Putin's billion dollar palace.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Does Russia idolize Vlasov? Do they erect statues to him? Is part of their identity and chants involve Vlasov our father?

If not then you are making a false equivalence.

In fact looking him up it says this

Review of his case
In 2001, a Russian Federation-based social organization, "For Faith and Fatherland", applied to the Russian Federation's military prosecutor for a review of Vlasov's case, saying that "Vlasov was a patriot who spent much time re-evaluating his service in the Red Army and the essence of Stalin's regime before agreeing to collaborate with the Germans". The military prosecutor concluded that the law of rehabilitation of victims of political repressions did not apply to Vlasov and refused to consider the case again. However, Vlasov's Article 58 conviction for anti-Soviet agitation and propaganda was vacated.

FYI, there is a big difference between idolizing Nazis and having a history where people became Nazis. It is hard to believe you don't get that fundamental difference. So, I wonder why you try to make these false equivalencies.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Yeah its kinda like me questioning you on the number of Ukrainians who surrendered in Mariupol... I said a few hundred and it turned out to be over 2k +/-.

funny how that works when we have initial info and updated info arrives changing the info we originally got.

As far as your propaganda sources people are free (at least in the west) to believe what they wish. There are people who don't like the ground updates I post. Fact of the matter is people haven the ability to do their own research and figure out for themselves what they wish to believe. However your track record on sources, and lack of, compels me to question and research your sources.

People are free to believe or not believe the info your sources make up... errr post. At least they have an idea about the source in question though.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 01:40 AM
link   

No, they idolize Stalin and Putin.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

No, they idolize Stalin and Putin.

Exactly.

That comparison made no sense in any case. Vlasov is recalled as a traitor in Russia, so of course he would not be idolized.

Bandera is not recalled as a traitor in Ukraine. Regardless of what other peoples think of him, he was foremost a Ukrainian nationalist, which is why he lands on the psychopathic radar of the modern Russian state. But while the pro-Russia crowd loves to bring up Bandera, they steadfastly avoid mentioning the Ukrainians who loyally served the Red Army in the war.

Cherry picking of an obvious sort.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
But while the pro-Russia crowd loves to bring up Bandera, they steadfastly avoid mentioning the Ukrainians who loyally served the Red Army in the war.

Cherry picking of an obvious sort.

Cheers

Sounds like the same thing they do when they argue about Donbas but claim ignorance on Chechnya, especially when its pointed out in detail.

Cherry picking indeed.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yep.

Another thought about Bandera. Given Russian war crimes around Bucha, I can hardly believe the Russian state of today has any particular bone to pick regarding the methods of Bandera's units. What irritates the Russian state is that the memory of Bandera as Ukrainian Nationalist has potential to stir further Ukrainian resistance to Russia's aggressive war in Ukraine. Thus, they trot him out as a boogeyman to scare their own people.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

What makes you think I've acted like that, could you explain? I wasn't just talking about the Holodomor but also previous centuries. And are you implying that what Bandera did gives Russia the right to genocide Ukrainians now, you think they have the right to take revenge on modern Ukrainians?

Genocide with a specific meaning. You are going to have to prove that they are trying to genocide them. And there is another word from you. How are they taking revenge? What has been vengeful in their actions? Do they execute prisoners and post videos of it like Ukraine does? Are there any torture videos of Ukrainians? How about pictures of Ukrainians chained and burned to death like what Ukraine has done.

Russia sure does treat their POWs pretty well for the claim of taking revenge and genociding them. They even give the monsters of Azov medical care.

IMO your question is based on lies so I cant explain or defend the lie that you fabricated.

You keep throwing these accusations that you never back up, but I won't work on me. And I mean inconsequential to you as well as me. That's clear because you're now bringing up real atrocities from history since your fake ones from this day and age didn't impress me.

Your fake atrocities of today do not impress me one bit either.

So I take it you admit that the Russians used illegal combatants, but Azov did not? It's just hard for you to say it in so many words?

I had you define illegal combatants and by "your" definition they both indeed used them.

Whether they were illegal combatants in the eyes of the some law remains to be seen.

That was a nice try tho.

Well then I can answer your question, I don't think Russia made any criminals join Azov. That's a cool story though, lol. Did they also hunt down Russian babies and old babushkas?

In fact, they did mark an old babushka death. It is the one that came out with the old USSR flag waving it when she thought the military coming up was from Russia. Have you seen that video? They marked her for death when the video gained popularity. It is on the Ukrainian channels still.

If Russia fails, yeah. I don't think they're ready to give up yet though, we'll have to see what happens. Of course personally I think a "coalition of the willing" led by Poland or maybe UK or something should get involved directly in the war.

More mercs? Is that what you mean by a coalition of willing?

I have a feeling that within the next month or two most of the mercs are going to be fleeing back to where they came from.

Woah hold on, so you actually don't support Russia sponsoring coups and moving in their army to decide for them?

Within the confines of our conversation, what do you mean by coup?

Because the definition of coup is

Definition of coup (Entry 1 of 2)
1: COUP D'ÉTAT
2: a brilliant, sudden, and usually highly successful stroke or act

Definition of coup d'Ă©tat
: a sudden decisive exercise of force in politics

I won't agree to something that is vague or so broad.

I don't think I ambiguous about the term coup when I referred to the documented one in 2014 Kyiv. Did I?

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 02:15 AM
link   
When we discussed the leg punishment by UA militants I noted that shooting POWs in the legs is counterproductive.
That they will treat UA POWs worse from there and it will result in less surrendered Russians.
Although if Bucha victims were civilians, if these war crimes happened sooner, and the scale kinda gives us a new perspective. Not sure about the timeline or if it matters anymore. Everything they do is a reaction to intense violence

new topics

top topics

<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join