It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 174
<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Watched your vid. Some good points in it but also some misassumptions imo.

The Ukrainians have fortified there supply areas around Bakhmut and Solder. Sievererdonetsk hasn't fallen yet, and there is still fighting there for ground, four days after the dude in the vid said the city was done and everyone "disappeared" in it's defence. As well, the terrain lent itself to the advances the Russians have made in the last 3 weeks near Popasna. But that same terrain is about to cause the Russians a lot of headaches and will basically, imo, slow the advance to a crawl, even more so than now. He is right about the psychological hit that Azov surrendering had but he is wrong, again, imo about Azovs being despondent about "no help coming". They knew that by the first week or so of March, still they continued to fight for another 2 months. They hoped for resupply but knew how difficult that would be at the time and I doubt they really expected it to happen. As well, there was a small breakthrough in early April I think, by forces that knew they were on a suicide mission to try and get to Azov and reinforce them in a small way. And they succeeded in that mission.

Now to your comment about the article I posted...

Delusional? Maybe but ponder this Grim. NATO has been training the Ukrainian military for 7 years prior to this conflict. Ukrainians have been invited to several NATO exercises where these exact materiel has been used, as it's pretty standard NATO artillery. Think maybe a few folks from Ukraine may have been trained on this equipment during any of those situations?

Can you link me to this...

I read one of the US briefings that said only 130 UA personnel were trained to handle the M777s and 30 repair techs.

I'd be interested in reading it for full context.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It's pretty scary how far along aerial recon has come along over the last few decades. Back in Vietnam and Afghanistan in the 70s and 80s there was no such thing as drone. Nowadays drones fly around with impunity and pick off single human beings with impunity.

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...
edit on 29-5-2022 by fuzz4262 because: added link

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

As an after thought, I have posted a couple of vids a couple of pages ago. Would you watch them and offer me your opinion on them. Believe it or not, even though I don't agree with you I respect your opinion and have told you as much before in another thread or maybe this one way back. I watch most of what you post for videos, I respectfully ask you do the same for me.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Moscovite Rus shot down a Kievan Rus Phoenix Ghost which Americans specifically developed for Kievan Rus. It appears to be a smaller and inferior version of Lancet.

twitter.com...

for comparison

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: fuzz4262

. Back in Vietnam and Afghanistan in the 70s and 80s there was no such thing as drone

Drone's have been around since 1917.

The Aerial Target, a British radio-controlled aircraft from the First World War. Its remote control components, which were designed by Dr Archibald Low, are part of IWM’s collection (see AIR 567 to AIR 571). It became the first drone to fly under control when it was tested in March 1917. The pilot on this occasion was the future world speed record holder Henry Segrave

www.iwm.org.uk...
edit on 29-5-2022 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Orlan drones guide Moscovite Rus artillery fire against Kievan Rus units near Kherson / Mykolaiv front. Seems to be TOS thermabaric MRLS rounds.

twitter.com...
edit on 29-5-2022 by fuzz4262 because: added content

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

I am watching the first video now. I will watch the rest later today or tomorrow.

The briefing you want is this one. I miss remembered it is 419 trained instead of 130.

On the training side, we now count 419 Ukrainian soldiers have completed M777 training. That's the operator training. About 30 have completed the basic main -- maintenance course and then another 17 have completed the advanced 14-day maintainer course, which is a little bit longer, a little bit more detailed. And we'll continue to cycle students through that training as -- as needed and as the Ukrainians want.

www.defense.gov...

On a side note this one is also of interest since the US is now talking about training up more UA to fight Russia(Press Secretary John F. Kirby.)

www.defense.gov/News/Tran.Transcript/Article/3046797/pentagon-press-secretary-john-f-kirby-holds-a-press-briefing/

The 23,000 they trained wasn't enough it seems and that was done under ideal conditions over 8 years without a war going on. How well do you think that will work out now?

www.defense.gov...

We tried that in Syria.

A first group of 90 Syrian fighters have begun training with US troops in Jordan. The Pentagon forecasts it will take three years to train and arm thousands of moderate Syrian forces.

link

I really can't figure out how they can train up a new force in Ukraine to fight Russia in time for it to make a difference. They needed 3 years for Syria and they may not have three months in Ukraine.

edit on 29-5-2022 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Kievan Rus stated no negotiation with Moscovite Rus unless Moscovite Rus withdraws all army from Kievan Rus. So this si why I think this conflict is here to stay just like covid is here to stay.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   

"Kievan Rus."

What is that supposed to mean?

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It seems Moscovite Rus has captured most of Severodonetsk if not all of it from Kievan Rus. The building pictured is the city council building which is the most important building in the city and should be somewhere in the city center.

twitter.com...
edit on 29-5-2022 by fuzz4262 because: corrected typo

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Kievan Rus is the original Rus.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   

In the 9th to 13th centuries?!!!!

Why call it that now?!

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   

It's the same. Same language. Same culture. Same trident. Ukraine is the name the ruling Moscovites gave to them which means borderland and is derogatory. Ukrainians consider themselves Kievan Rus.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just like China is the name English speaking people gave to Zhong Guo which is the name Chinese people call their country. Chinese people do not call their country China. Chinese people call their country Zhong Guo which means Center Land.

edit on 29-5-2022 by fuzz4262 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

It's still a sovereign country that of its own volition chose to break away from Soviet hegemony.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   

leaving out ukraines name before the russian bolshevics staged a coup huh? it was a illegtiate coup as well. it wa sukraine before it was a soviet led republic. their ancestors always remembered the days before russian rule,and finally when they get their land back its no sorry its all russian.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Moscovite Rus Alligator artillery smashers in action. These come in handy for smashing Kievan Rus 155 mm howitzers and HIMARS MRLS purchased from America.

twitter.com...
edit on 29-5-2022 by fuzz4262 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Moscovite Rus entered Severodonetsk from the north through the forest.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Moscovite Rus Su-25 SM3 artillery smashers flying low to avoid Kievan Rus air defense

twitter.com...

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   

If it's so 'well defended', why has russia resorted to dropping thermobarics on villages in the area every day?

Do you know what doing that might mean for both russia's short and long term future?

Pro Tip: One bad strike might mean nukes suddenly dropping on moscow.

Even without that one 'bad strike', it will probably extend russia's global pariah status by a century or more if you keep it up, and may have already.

Tell us again how the putin madman is nothing like hitler.

edit on 29-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   

It's considered an extremely offensive term by russians, similar to the 'N' word that the By Any Means party used to call their freed slaves, while wearing those white robes to hide their identity.

Russian invasion supporters are suddenly using that term now because we took their absurd nazi name calling away from them with our ridicule, and they are still petulant children.

new topics

top topics

<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join