It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UKRAINE/RUSSIA WAR - looks like it’s started

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BZiker
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

I can only point out that you don't understand anything about Russians. And this is your most important problem.

My ONLY problem at the moment is that russia can't seem to stop with the neighbor invading.

You?

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Freeborn

But at the same time, you blindly believe that the Russians are evil, and invaded Ukraine only because Putin went crazy.
You haven't even noticed all the arguments I've given. You don't have a question about the real reasons for what is happening. You already own the complete and holy truth, so why listen to these Russian barbarians. Am I right?)

Yes.

Even the blind know that russia should stop with the neighbor invading.

Do you have some kind of problem with those without your perfect russian vision?

Is that like being racist, or is this something new?

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   

a reply to: saadad

A ban on the flights of our civilian airlines in the airspace of adjacent countries? Why do you think it should scare someone?
Especially in the age of covid. I think there will be a ban from Russia on flights of airlines from those European countries that will impose such restrictions.Asian airlines will gain a competitive advantage in the prices of their tickets. They won't have to fly around Russia.

I thought you were talking about a real no-fly zone in which neither civilian nor military aircraft can take off. And you're talking about some kind of lobbying for the interests of Asian and American airlines. It's not serious

EVERY country on the planet except china.

And it's a LOT more than just banning russian flights.

They are banning RUSSIA itself.

Russia just got canceled.

Hilarious.

edit on 27-2-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Then you don't have to worry

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BZiker

Did putin just withdraw his troops from Ukraine?

He wasn't predicted to surrender until noon Wednesday.

Guess we are better at this than we thought.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I don't think Russians are evil at all, nothing of the sort.

I've met lots of Russians over the years - a very good friend of mine is married to one, she's a lovely lass, if a little 'demanding'.
Vast majority of them are good, honest people same as you find the world over.
They like a drink and a laugh....always good traits in my book.

However, I think Putin is off his #ing trolley.
He's used Russian natural nationalist sentimentality to control and manipulate.....all for his own personal glory and adoration.

He's forcing a major confrontation for what?

Someone in Russia needs to do EVERYONE a favour and 'retire' him one way or another as soon as possible then we can try to sort this cluster# up the best way possible.

edit on 27/2/22 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   

perhaps in your imagination it is. in fact, only a few European countries supported this measure.
so Russian tourism to these countries will decrease. I sincerely sympathize with these countries. but I think they will survive it.
Russia will not even notice this measure. Aeroflot is not the only airline in Russia.

I am really looking forward to when you decide to give up Russian gas, oil, fertilizers, metals, wood and other things. Seriously. Inside Russia, many believe that it is not right to sell real resources for pieces of paper that Europeans and Americans print for themselves as much as they want under the QE program.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Today here, I have already described three times why Russia is conducting this military operation.
The civil war in Ukraine has been going on since 2014. Russia, together with France and Germany, tried to convince the government of Ukraine to fulfill its obligations under the peace agreement concluded between the resistance of Donbass and the Government of Ukraine. 8 years old. more than 13,000 civilians killed.
Russia tried to put pressure on Ukraine economically. The threat of cancellation of gas transit through Ukraine. Nord Stream 2 was built.

at that time, NATO countries were pumping Ukraine with weapons and in every possible way hindered the launch of a new pipeline bypassing Ukraine.
now Russia is forcing Ukraine to peace by force. This is in Ukraine.

In general, NATO is too close to our borders. This makes no sense if there are no plans to attack Russia. Hence the direct demand to move NATO military facilities to the positions of 1997. Putin has spoken on this topic three times. He expressed his concern back in 2005. They didn't hear him. Or not taken seriously. Now everyone in Europe has a lot of problems

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   

No-one is denying that mistakes have been made - I'm certainly not as I've made clear in several posts.

But none of that excuses invading Ukraine, killing people and trying to re-absorb it into Russia against the wishes of the vast majority of Ukrainian people.
Putin is threatening other neighbouring countries as well.
And now he's issued another warning about Russia's nuclear capability.

The man is insane.

Do you honestly think NATO and 'The West' will back down?
They absolutely can't under any circumstances back down to him.
Where does that leave us?

Get rid of Putin for everyone's sake, the man is insane.

edit on 27/2/22 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   

The war has been going on since russia invaded in 2014.

Say anything you want, as many times as you want.

The war STILL started as a result of the russian invasion in 2014.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This morning, I've been reading the past several pages of discussion from last night...and found it informative and illuminating.

It is good to get as much information as possible...in order to begin to understand the big picture.

To our Russian member, here, I think many of us here appreciate your unique perspective.

I have been very doubtful of the lockstep narrative we are all being fed, verbatim, by the MSM (left and right).

The new military information regarding Russian troop movements, strategy, motivation, long-term goals and success provided by our Russian member is useful and thought-provoking.

However, we all must remember that this information is also adulterated by government propaganda in the same manner as what we are being fed through our own MSM and politicians.

Somewhere, in the middle...is the true story...the true grand design of what is currently taking place.

Accessing the propaganda from all sides of this, while employing proper caution, skepticism and understanding...can help give the true (and much more complicated) picture of what is closest to the truth.

Anyhow...I've enjoyed this thread and specifically this most recent exchange very much.
Much to ascertain and learn within.

Thank you one and all.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   
A U.S. military analyst say's there at least two options for Putin, for dealing with his military invasion of Ukraine:

One...is to install a puppet government that is friendly to Russia in Ukraine.

The other...is to create military havoc and civilian carnage in Ukraine --- like he's doing now --- then Putin would have to say: I've proved my point, now I'm getting the hell out!!!

Erno
edit on 27-2-2022 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   

well one thing im glad of is the vast difference in civilian casualties and that they didnt embark on a bombing campaign in terms of airforce bombing runs to decimate civilian populations and infrastructure.

Lets hope it all ends soon before others throw down.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

perhaps in your imagination it is. in fact, only a few European countries supported this measure.
so Russian tourism to these countries will decrease. I sincerely sympathize with these countries. but I think they will survive it.
Russia will not even notice this measure. Aeroflot is not the only airline in Russia.

I am really looking forward to when you decide to give up Russian gas, oil, fertilizers, metals, wood and other things. Seriously. Inside Russia, many believe that it is not right to sell real resources for pieces of paper that Europeans and Americans print for themselves as much as they want under the QE program.

Look closer.

Mother russia just got canceled by the planet.

Step. By. Step.

Why do you keep insisting we should fear you financially in any way?

Do you not understand just how puny you are compared to the NATO countries you keep absurdly threatening with financial ruin?

This is beyond dumb.

Do you really believe any of this?

We're not kidding, give it your best shot.

We can take it.

But please don't get all ragey if we laugh at your pathetic attempt.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Our Russian friend here told us, in general, Putin is very popular among the Russian people.

If he or she is still lurking...I would respectfully ask how the Russian people feel about Putin having accumulated such enormous wealth.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

One...is to install a puppet government that is friendly to Russia in Ukraine

Poroshenko was installed in Kiev after the 2014 chaos. Friendly to NATO/US.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Way to rewrite history.

Do you have an airbrush? By any chance?

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Remember a US official meddling in Kivy Protests victoria nuland handing out treats to the protests?
edit on 27-2-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Gosh. How evil is that?

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   
president at the time (Yanukovich) was a piece of # who left his country to be run by few of his guys while he spent time #ing around with his new woman. Those guys, including his son, ran a racket without giving thought to consequence by using their power to pressure other oligarchs, when someone finally got to him long enough to explain just how # of an idea EU association was he changed direction and went to Putin, people who were brainwashed by EU/US propaganda got upset about it, especially in Kiev, and the oligarchs decided to use the opportunity to overthrow him (they could have just waited a year and voted him out of office but they aren't long term thinkers), they ended up in the pockets and at the mercy of US state department, and neonazis and russophobes (many of whom were funded by yanuk and his party to provide contrast and show how reasonable yanuk is) jumped on the bandwagon and got co opted by state department to be used as tool to suppress russian speaking population and combat russian influence in general. So neonazis and neolibs held hands and stage a coup under guidance of StateDep with oligarch support. Donbass/Crimea/Kharkov/Odessa and some other southern areas were fed up with the coup, especially given that it was second time (2004 was the first attempt and it succeeded but didn't last) and wanted to bail/revolt so reached out to russia for help. Putin supported it at first but then kind of backed off. He ended up annexing crimea, using donbass as enclave/prop, telling Khrakov to sit still and Odessa was simply suppressed by force win neo-nazis burning protesters alive.

Putin got criticized for leaving Donbass to the wolves, 8 years later he apparently decided to do something about it.
edit on 2272022 by stormbringercompanion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join