It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UKRAINE/RUSSIA WAR - looks like it’s started

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BZiker

Thanks for answering! Good to hear that Putin will not set foot on the other Soviet states. If he does I’m sure you’ll be the first to admit that the Ukraine invasion was not about specific Ukraine issues after all, but a broader plan to claw back the USSR. Relieved that you think that’s not the case.

Regarding the China connection you brought up. Forgive me if I read something slightly threatening in that, as though the point was ‘wait till we team on you!’. I bet I’ve got that totally wrong and you didn’t mean that at all (one too many glasses of wine for me, no doubt). Could you expand a little on what exactly you meant by Eurasia and you see this it’s relationship with nato developing; is it a Russia/China military pact?

🍻

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: IAMTAT

Estonia, and the US in 2018, I think?

Aliens, dude.

Aliens.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   
A little more Kremlin propaganda)

"Public statements at demonstrations and on social networks endorsing Russia's attack on Ukraine or expressing support for the leadership of the Russian Federation may be considered, in the circumstances, a criminal offense punishable by imprisonment for up to three years. This was stated in a press release by the Supreme Prosecutor of the Czech Republic Igor Strizh.

"Freedom of speech is enshrined at the constitutional level in article 17 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights and Freedoms. Everyone has the right to express their views as they see fit. But freedom of speech in a democratic state governed by the rule of law also has its limits," Strzyzh said.

Earlier, the Police of the Czech Republic announced on their Twitter account that, together with the prosecutor's office, they will carefully monitor speeches at rallies and in cyberspace for their compliance with the facts of these crimes."

This is impossible in Russia. I have heard about the upcoming rallies in Russia for the termination of the operation in Ukraine. No one forbids them to do this. everything is legal.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

You know too much....

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   

This is impossible in Russia. I have heard about the upcoming rallies in Russia for the termination of the operation in Ukraine. No one forbids them to do this. everything is legal.

Then why are they being arrested? Credibility is maintained thru the truth and yours is on shaky ground.

truthout.org...

edit on 26-2-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Well spotted! Putin is indeed not the only megalomanic control freak out there. Most nations have them - I know mine does.

edit on 26-2-2022 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Russia from what i read a few years back dont care about other countries, states, but for them Ukraine is important for reasons of locations.

Crimea is close to Russia.

edit on 26-2-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Your expressions on these subjects seem very succinct and comprehensive.

Are you speaking from the position of a typical Russian citizen...or as someone with involvement within the Russian government?

Again, thank you for your openness.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well, Roman Abramovich has handed off Chelsea and the queen’s cancelled events on foreign office advice. Let’s all hope that’s not because they know something we don’t and are making a quick exit, stage left.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

Russia from what i read a few years back dont care about other countries, states, but for them Ukraine is important for reasons of locations.

Crimea is close to Russia.

Nonsense.

Explain why russia keeps invading it's neighbors.

And stop lying.

That's no longer effective on ATS.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU).
No threats. China wants to protect its most important communications and neighboring regions from the aggressive influence of Western countries. It seems to me that this is normal when it comes to an independent state.
So is Russia. We are really stressed by the approach of NATO infrastructure to our borders. Russia would accept the NATO infrastructure not later Germany. Plus the neutral status and joint guarantees of Russia and NATO for the countries of Eastern Europe. And peaceful development within the framework of the Eurasian Economic Union. But your politicians think that this is impossible.
They don't understand how Russians perceive the approach of any threat to their borders. Literally every family in Russia suffered losses during the Second World War. And this memory, backed up by historical knowledge, unites Russians in the face of the threat.
If your politicians wanted a peaceful Russia, then they went the wrong way. And it's not a threat. I'm just stating a fact.Now in Russia, even the opposition forces do not believe the statements of Western politicians.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Good luck with the direct approach 🙄

🍻

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

🍻

Apt 29 and wumao aren't likely to engage in any kind of meaningful discussion here.

They have propaganda orders.

Sauce is so weak though that I actually took a long nap today.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

You know too much....

Not nearly enough.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Aren't protesters never detained by the police in Western countries? Emotional people often insult police officers. They attack them. Often the organizers of rallies ignore the legal procedures for holding them, and hold them as a flash mob at other events, for example at a thematic children's exhibition, where there were many young children who had nothing to do with the protests.

Most of our oppositionists are provocateurs who do not have any program for the development of the country or experience in managerial and political activities. Through social networks, they earn cheap popularity among students and schoolchildren. They also actively collect donations for their performances.

In general, take a closer look at them, and you will understand everything yourself. They provoke the police for the sake of promotion in the Western media and social networks, after which they monetize their popularity among young people with donations

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BZiker
If your politicians wanted a peaceful Russia, then they went the wrong way.

Western politicians haven’t gone tight way since before I was born (and I’m getting on a bit). The Russian rationale for invading Ukraine is no different to the US rationale for invading Greneda in ‘83.

But the irony here is that by invading Ukraine Putin has probably sent every non-nato country begging to be part of nato and have a ton of hardware set up on their eastern borders. What will happen then?

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

🍻

Apt 29 and wumao aren't likely to engage in any kind of meaningful discussion here.

It's thick on the other thread as well...

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Russian person

Your posts are far to informed on every level for you to be an Ordinary Citizen of the Russian Federation,
You can tell us over and over the Kremlins view of the World and i will ignore you.

Western politics are bad ... Russian Politics are way worse...

NATO frustrates and Riles the Russian Government, but you cannot argue with any conviction that NATO isnt a defensive
force.

What was you r view of Putin appearing to Threaten anyone coming to Ukraine's aid with Nuclear attack?

Really appreciate you answer this one.
edit on Sat, 26 Feb 2022 16:56:11 -0600564America/ChicagoSaturday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

🍻

It's thick on the other thread as well...

I see.

ATS folks have been doing pretty well at smacking them down though.

I expected a challenge.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   

🍻

Sauce is so weak though that I actually took a long nap today.

IDK...this Russian citizen seems very knowledgeable and is willing to answer all questions very comprehensively.
Seems a waste not to hear them out...as long as they are kindly making themself available to answer questions.

His (or her) points have given me pause to seriously consider that this conflict is much more complex than the 'Good Guy/Bad Guy' scenario we're being sold by media.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join