It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 335
<< 332  333  334    336  337  338 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   
A couple of links to video clips that at the very least show how each side wishes to present the way they treat their POWs to the world.

In the village of Nikolaevka near Kiev, Russian troops captured a protected, buried command post of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. 61 Ukrainian servicemen of the command post surrendered, more than half of them were senior officers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

video in link
t.me...

Deputy chief of staff of the 503rd separate battalion of Ukraine marines was caught triying to leave Mariupol as a civilian.

t.me...

Russian POW are blindfolded and lined up on a ditch, threatened with execution.

t.me...

t.me...

t.me...

t.me...

t.me...

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I think the reality is Ukraine has been far too nice to the invaders. Shouldn't even bother taking POWs when they have limited resources because of the Russian shelling of their cities. I know if someone invaded my country the last thing I would do is take prisoners they effectively take that unit out of the battle as they deal with them.

by the way, half the videos don't work but from what you describe typical scare tactics people tend to talk when they think they are about to die.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   
China’s state-run Sinopec group suspended talks for a major petrochemical investment and a gas marketing venture in Russia, sources told Reuters news agency, heeding a government call for caution as Western sanctions mount.

The war is driving commodities prices up and will likely reduce global growth prospects, US Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen says.

Germany’s economy minister says his country has forged contracts with new suppliers that will allow it to significantly reduce its reliance on Russian coal, gas and oil in the coming weeks.

The US and the European Union have announced a move to further squeeze Russia economically — a partnership to reduce Europe’s reliance on Russian energy and dry up the billions of dollars the Kremlin gets from the sale of fuel. The US will supply Europe with more liquefied natural gas to help curb reliance on Russia.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Best outcome will be for interests in Russia to rid themselves of Putin and approach Ukraine and the West for an end to the war that doesn't completely trash the Russian economy and punish the people of Russia.

Would such a group be more oligarchs? Yes. But if the West is lucky, they would be more pragmatic oligarchs who want to guard their interests without trying to force a return to the geopolitical situation of the 1980s.

That noted, the Russian state has placed itself into a position of owing Ukraine for the staggering damages inflicted by the invasion. That reckoning will be fraught with tension and may derail any attempts to end the war soon.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Reports that Shoigu had a heart attack and that is why he has not been seen lately. Take the information FWIW.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The links work fine. If you don't have a telegram account you may not be able to see them.

As for prisoners of war, you can judge the character of their military by how they treat those who can do nothing to them. By treating them with humanity it gives their enemy no reason to treat their own with brutality. However, from the stories I have seen from civilians and Russian POWs, Ukraine's leadership would love to see Russia being abusive because they could use it as a tool to make their own fight to the death.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
So many Putin supporters!! I wonder if it's a hold over from trumps bromance with Putin.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
how the hell do you watch these videos?. An instructional video should come with the videos, preferably not in the same format.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

The links work fine. If you don't have a telegram account you may not be able to see them.

As for prisoners of war, you can judge the character of their military by how they treat those who can do nothing to them. By treating them with humanity it gives their enemy no reason to treat their own with brutality. However, from the stories I have seen from civilians and Russian POWs, Ukraine's leadership would love to see Russia being abusive because they could use it as a tool to make their own fight to the death.

Who on gods earth has a telegram account?.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

People who are not satisfied with big tech companies filtering and or censoring what you can see, hear, or read.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   

People who are not satisfied with big tech companies filtering and or censoring what you can see, hear, or read.

I have a telegram account and they filter and censor any thing that doesn't adhere to the rightwing agenda, just like truthsocial. trumps new media site.

truthsocial.com...
edit on 26-3-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Do you seriously believe this website is not hackable or the owners can't be bought off?. Nothing online is safe. Governments hand out $10, 000,000 to a good hacker for one hack these days...if and when they need it.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I never said anything about hacking.

But if you are worried about it then just use an online phone account. That is what I did.

Over half the videos people are watching from that conflict area on Twitter or youtube originally came from Telegram.

Your security concerns are yours. I am just tired of getting info from one side. Propaganda is just as strong here as it is there. Maybe more.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Perhaps this thread could get ON TOPIC again. It ain't about opinions in general about censorship, social media, and so forth.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: wordforword
a reply to: McGinty
You should send this to Ukrainians who are stuck in bomb shelters, to Ukrainians who lost their families and all the possessions bec of Putin. Send it to those who are still fighting for every inch of their own land. Tell them, 'let Putin take whatever he wants bec we all here are afraid of getting nuked.'

Yeah, you're right, better to get nuked than to negotiate.

Also, with all the rumours coming from the Russian side, do we still think the 'nuking' is on the table?

Which rumours are these exactly (that includes proof they're not from a western source) ?
edit on 26-3-2022 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   

We invaded Korea and Vietnam?

Wasn't someone else already invading?

Either way, it doesn't change what the madman did, and trying to pretend that he isn't doing madman things won't either.

Nobody was threatening russia.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

You should send this to Ukrainians who are stuck in bomb shelters, to Ukrainians who lost their families and all the possessions bec of Putin. Send it to those who are still fighting for every inch of their own land. Tell them, 'let Putin take whatever he wants bec we all here are afraid of getting nuked.'

Also, with all the rumours coming from the Russian side, do we still think the 'nuking' is on the table?

Which rumours are these exactly (that includes proof they're not from a western source) ?

Is russia threatening to nuke Ukraine if Ukraine doesn't give russia everything russia wants in 'negotiations?

Tell us again how putin isn't a madman.

edit on 26-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your madman assessment. But imo short of an unlikely Russian coup diplomacy is the only route out of this that doesn't run into a nuclear war. In fact a madman would be all the more likely to take that route, so let prey you're wrong on that score.

We know what he shouldn't have done and what he should do now if he wants us to like him. He strikes me as someone well past giving a toss if we like him (if he ever did at all). We need to understand his perspective and use that as the starting point reach a settlement. Or, we could stand on principle and carry on telling him he's a bloody awful sh!thead and ultimately probably all fall under the shadow of the mushroom cloud (to paraphrase Queen)

I just don't see the logic in accusing him of madness and butchery, then expecting him to act rationally and morally correctly.

It's so easy for us keyboard jocks to sit in our not-being-shelled rooms and demand the Ukrainians fight on. I expect those opinions would quickly change to 'whatever, just stop bombing me ffs!' if we were transported to that location. But the Ukranians fight on - very good for them - though with fighting age men being banned from leaving the country and told to fight i'm not sure they have a choice.

However, the telly tells me they really want to fight the russians and show a couple of vox pops and it also tells me the russian soldiers are being forced to fight and really don't want to... Thanks God the west never bulls!ts or i might start thinking that really no one fighting in Ukraine really wants to fight and would love someone to come up with a peaceful settlement.

edit on 26-3-2022 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   

No one here has demanded anything of Ukraine. Any demands of Ukraine have been made by Russia.

If the Ukrainians have the means and will to fight, then that is THEIR decision ... not the decision of people at keyboards comfortably removed from the conflict, as you put it.

If the Ukrainians want to fold, then that as well should be THEIR decision, not the decision of comfortable westerners who would rather not be troubled by those quarrelsome folk on the fringes of Europe.

Cheers
edit on 26-3-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

originally posted by: McGinty

Is russia threatening to nuke Ukraine if Ukraine doesn't give russia everything russia wants in 'negotiations?

Tell us again how putin isn't a madman.

Truman nuked Japan twice. Was he a madman?

Point being that it's all a matter of perspective. Western kids certainly aren't taught that Truman was a madman, but i suspect quite a few folk in Hiroshima and Nagasaki would say he one mad motherf*****

<< 332  333  334    336  337  338 >>

join