It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 285
<< 282  283  284    286  287  288 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: just4fun
Did they dirty bomb Europe?
How are those extremely high radiation levels coming?

russian troops allowed Ukrainian firefighters to put out the blaze so levels didn't rise all that much.

Sounds like you are disappointed about that.

Is vlad planning more attacks on nuke plants?

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

originally posted by: Erno86
Ukrainian BMW convertible outfitted with a machinegun

Way to go....

Am reminded of several teenage fantasies I had about a station wagon with a sunroof.

I wonder if I can fit my 2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro with a machinegun mount (thru it's sunroof)?
edit on 15-3-2022 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   

We aren't EVER going to come together as 'one America

We will still work together on things of national and international importance

That sounds a lot to me like coming together as one America.

Democrats can't just wave a magic wand and make the consequences of their actions disappear.

While this isn't the place for punditry....

I'm a Democrat.....
I'm a Republican....
I'm a Libertarian....

I'm an American FFS....

I care about you, I care about your issues....I dont want us to agree on policy, i want us to compromise on policy. I implore you however, think about what in the grand scheme of things, is most important. To me, it's our Constitution and our people, which includes you and me...is it really what "party" is in the oval? I mean seriously, is it? Is it $5000 a year for Health insurance instead of $7500 a year? Is it who gets to deliver the oranges to Wakefern in a more timely fashion? What is the redline that finally throws you over the threshold saying "today would be a good day to want to kill my neighbor, my fellow American"?

Does it all sound as ridiculous to you as it does to me?

SMDH..... i think i've said my piece here, Democracy and our way of life hangs in the balance man, i wont die on the hill of Democrats versus Republicans....i value us all.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   

russian troops allowed Ukrainian firefighters to put out the blaze so levels didn't rise all that much.

Or it was just a fire in the parking lot as the video showed...

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Sure, there was only one video.

Why were russians attacking nuke plants?

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
Putin's morbid answer for dealing with Ukrainian snipers: Call in a artillery strike.

I do agree with military assessments...that any funneling of weapons from China to Russia --- like weaponized drones, for example --- will be a major escalation with the current war in Ukraine.

China is already distancing itself from Russia they will not prop up Russia they will help destroy it. Vladivostok used to be Qing dynasty's Manchurian homeland named Haishenwai but was annexed by Russia in 1860 after China's second opium war defeat. but China doesn't forget they will get it back either by force or negotiation, Putin will have to give up this territory if he truly wants Chinese help. Until then China is more than happy to take advantage of Russia for example offering them below market value rates on oil. because they know Putin has no other options

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: just4fun

So glad that you find all this so funny.

You have nothing but snark.

You are.....no, I'll bite my tongue.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Sure, there was only one video.

Why were russians attacking nuke plants?

If they did which they did not it was probably because there were Nazis there

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Oh ffs.......give it a rest?

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

So glad that you find all this so funny.

You have nothing but snark.

You are.....no, I'll bite my tongue.

I am not offended by random people on the internet so by all means..

I just like to point out the Bull S####

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Oh ffs.......give it a rest?

no

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Just like to post it, more like.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   

But if they intentionally dirty bombed Europe why did they let them put the fire out?

hmmmm. So they didnt intentionally bomb it?

Make it make sense
edit on 15-3-2022 by just4fun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Agreed.

Just a difference in personal definitions I guess.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If my math is correct, for my current wage that is roughly $30 USD for a loaf of bread.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
Marina Ovsyannikova: Russian journalist fined after TV protest

Breathtakingly brave individual! She deserves the Nobel peace prize, but i fear it may have to be posthumous, or least delivered to her in prison.

But here's hoping that she gets a better deal than Julian Assange got from the West when he dared to air the truth.

She got a 300$ fine and gets to keep her job

OMG

They said the fine was for the video she uploaded before she crashed the live news show. That sounds to me like the punishment for the sign hasn’t been decided, or announced yet.

But you’re saying that absolutely 100% there’ll be no more punishment for her?

How exactly can you be so certain?

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Very well put. This absoluteness about one side or the other is ridiculous. There are many here I've not agreed with or agreed with me, however there are things we have agreed on. I have no personal ill will or absolutes. We are all Americans. We love our country even with its faults. If an outside source were to threaten us, I certainly wouldn't say, " no, I can't work with you because your party did this or that. "

We are all Americans at the bottom line. If you can't support your fellow Americans because they don't believe as you, then that's a serious problem. Instead of taking up arms together I would have to worry you would shoot me in the back because you believe we're not really being invaded, or it's some sort of deep state conspiracy and the Vax turned us all into zombies or something.

I don't need Patriotism shoved down my throat or to attend a rally. This county took my family in and they worked hard at being Americans. My now blended family of different races and ethnicities are happy, joyous and prospering. I'm not sorry we don't have such blind anger about the other political party. Must be a miserable way to live.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Maybe just criminally reckless?

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   
* - Poland's deputy PM Kaczynski after the meeting with Ukraine's president @ZelenskyyUa in Kyiv: a NATO peace mission or a wider alliance is needed, which will operate in Ukraine - this mission cannot be defenseless

* - Prime Minister Morawiecki after the meeting in Kyiv: Russia's invasion must end. The EU must give you candidate status as soon as possible; you must get defensive weapons. We will not leave you

* - President Zelensky, PM Shmygal meets PM's of Poland, Czech Republic and Slovenia (@MorawieckiM, @P_Fiala, @JJansaSDS) in Kyiv

* - Violent clashes for hours at Bucha, Irpen, Stoyanka, Vorzel

* - Missile strike targeted Nikopol'

* - Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) overwhelmingly passed the opinion asking Russia to be withdrawn from the Council of Europe

* - Russian army shelling targeting Saltivka district in Kharkiv

* - Shelling targeted civilian infrastructure today in Chernihiv

* - Aide to office of President of Ukraine on talks today: A very difficult and viscous negotiation process. There are fundamental contradictions. But there is certainly room for compromise. During the break, work in subgroups will be continued

* - The US State Department: We will not allow Russia to use the nuclear agreement to evade the sanctions imposed on it as a result of Ukraine war

* - Shelling continues in Kharkiv

* - Occupation authorities in parts of Donetsk region claim that air defense shot down ballistic missile over Horlivka

* - A convoy of cars evacuating from Mariupol to Zaporizhzhya was blocked by Russian troops near Vasyliyika (Zaporizhzhya region). People are left in the middle of the road under control of Russian soldiers with no possibility to move in any direction

* - President Joe Biden signed a bill providing $13.6 billion in additional military and humanitarian aid to Ukraine

* - Of the $6.5 billion, $3.5 billion is for replenishment of U.S. stocks for equipment sent to Ukraine through drawdown. DoD will also consider sending Ukraine: Anti-air and anti-armor capability, small arms & ammunition, tactical gear, Meals Ready to Eat and military medical kits

* - Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Tuesday he was sending his foreign minister, Mevlut Cavusoglu, to Moscow and Kyiv this week as part of Turkey's mediation efforts to secure a ceasefire in Ukraine

* - Some 20,000 residents left the besieged Mariupol through a humanitarian corridor, Kyrylo Tymoshenko, deputy head of the Ukrainian President's Office has reported. Some 570 cars, out of 4,000 private vehicles that left Mariupol since morning, have arrived in Zaporizhzhia

* - Russian convoy filmed speeding out of Kherson

* - Russian military convoy near Mariupol

* - Geolocation of drone footage showing a civilian being shot by Russian soldiers in Myla, Kyiv Oblast

* - Senior US defense official: Russia ground forces making "limited to no progres in achieving their objectives" in Ukraine

* - A senior Pentagon official: The Russian military convoy near Kyiv is still stuck and not advancing

* - Ukraine's Foreign Minister: Pressure must be increased on Russia to stop its military operations

* - Explosions at Novi Budynki in Kharkiv

* - Russian ships shelled area of Bazaryanka, Levedivka and Tuzly in Odesa region

* - Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy is expected to ask for more financial support from the United States as he addresses Congress in a video call, Psaki said

* - "Our thoughts, our prayers are with his family," says @PressSec, reacting to the death in Ukraine of Pierre Zakrzewski of @FoxNews

* - Morawiecki: It is here, in war-torn Kyiv, that history is being made. It is here, that freedom fights against the world of tyranny. It is here that the future of us all hangs in the balance. EU supports UA, which can count on the help of its friends - we brought this message to Kyiv today

* - "We're on Day 19 here" and one of the reasons Ukraine has been able to hold its own and push back Russia invaders is because of the security assistance provided by the US, says @PressSec

As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

<< 282  283  284    286  287  288 >>

join