It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 287
<< 284  285  286    288  289  290 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: JinMI

Not yours, no.

False.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yep maybe so.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Yes.

Glad you now agree.

False indeed.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   
* - British intelligence: Russia is redeploying its forces from as far away as the eastern region, the Pacific Fleet and Armenia

me thinks putin is in trouble,

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Glad you now agree.

Also false.
edit on 15-3-2022 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Makes one wonder, based on Russia's on going issues, if the "peace talks" are nothing more than a smoke screen to buy time in hopes Chain will follow thru.

russia is trying to find a face and economy saving way out of their national suicide catastrophe.

Same for over a week now.

Maybe Putin will take the two provinces and announce to the world that he has successfully eliminated the evil NATO / US biochemical labs in Ukraine and saved the world from the imperialists so he wins hero hero.

(I wonder if anyone expected the success of the Bayraktar drones. they really seem to be kicking buttski.)

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Here, my brother. Reaching out to you via the medium of music.

I mean, check out the lyrics, man.

Then the song.

Peace. Out.

asia after the war lyrics g.co...

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Doubtful. As long as he has nukes, chemical weapons, and what ever other skunk works. If anything I get the impression he is holding back. There is a crap ton of propaganda, out there. This is a modern war happening in a modern country, not Iraq, not Afghanistan. If I had to guess, Ukraine, is some kind of ruse. By the way, I love your current event updates on the war. We should all be hoping and praying this conflict is resolved diplomatically.

There is allot of emotion reflecting this current event, however absolutely nothing good comes from war. It’s not romantic, I suppose is the proper way to put it. It’s brutal, dying from a bomb dropping on you, or a missile or worse more personal a bullet or another man(s) bare hands is not right or wrong in war. Let us be reminded of this.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Music is my favorite medium, happy to meet upon these sacred grounds.

My rebuttle - The Stage

Lyrics

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Angry Putin alleged to have placed Russian FSB spy chiefs under house arrest

A Russian FSB spy chief and his deputy have allegedly been placed under house arrest by an agitated Vladimir Putin
According to Andrei Soldatov, editor, and co-founder of a watchdog that keeps track of the Russian secret services’ activities, an agitated Vladimir Putin has placed one of his top FSB spy chiefs under house arrest.

The editor of Agentura claims that sources inside the FSB have confirmed to him that Sergey Beseda, who is head of the foreign intelligence branch for the FSB, along with his deputy, Anatoly Bolyukh, have both been arrested.

Exiled Russian human rights activist, Vladimir Osechkin, also confirmed the report. He also intimated that colleagues of the pair, suspected of leaking information to journalists, have had their homes searched in at least 20 addresses in Moscow.

Speaking to The Times, Mr Osechkin said an accusation that the two men had been arrested on accusations of fund embezzlement was simply a smokescreen to cover the reality. He claimed the “real reason is unreliable, incomplete, and partially false information about the political situation in Ukraine”.

Click link for article...

Head of the FSB has been placed under house arrest.
* - Russian general killed and clutch of spy chiefs arrested
* - ‘Putin’s spy chief and his deputy under house arrest’
* - Kremlin arrests FSB chiefs in fallout from Ukraine chaos

Ukrainian forces have now killed 5 generals in the last week.
edit on 15-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

Makes one wonder, based on Russia's on going issues, if the "peace talks" are nothing more than a smoke screen to buy time in hopes Chain will follow thru.

russia is trying to find a face and economy saving way out of their national suicide catastrophe.

Same for over a week now.

Maybe Putin will take the two provinces and announce to the world that he has successfully eliminated the evil NATO / US biochemical labs in Ukraine and saved the world from the imperialists so he wins hero hero.

(I wonder if anyone expected the success of the Bayraktar drones. they really seem to be kicking buttski.)

That's basically what putin's hoping for.

That everyone just forgets what he did to Ukraine and goes back to 2014+ status quo.

edit on 15-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I doubt he will get it.. He wants his land bridge to Crimea, which means Russia will have to take an additional 2 provinces/oblasts (just North and East of Crimea). I also doubt he will giver up Odessa either.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Odessa would be a grear bargaining chip however.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

It also happens to be what the Putin's of this world are counting on, that we eat each other alive. In that particular war, Putin - 1, US - 0.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I doubt he will get it.. He wants his land bridge to Crimea, which means Russia will have to take an additional 2 provinces/oblasts (just North and East of Crimea). I also doubt he will giver up Odessa either.

He certainly doesn't want to, and still wants a few other things as well, things he knows he'll never get.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I doubt Russia would negotiate on Odessa because of Transnistria ("breakaway province" from Moldova that Russia currently occupies). I think Russia's position is they want all the territory along the black sea.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I think we know that Russia wants all of Ukraine.

What hell get however, if anything, wont exactly correlate with their wants.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 07:05 PM
link   

He also wants a new Ukrainian government and constitution, permanent NATO ban, to get out of paying for the damage he did to Ukraine, and for elimination of all the sanctions and cancellations against russia.

And for Ukraine to be banned from rebuilding it's military after russians withdraw.

edit on 15-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 07:10 PM
link   

He also wants a new Ukrainian government and constitution, permanent NATO ban, to get out of paying for the damage he did to Ukraine, and for elimination of all the sanctions and cancellations against russia.

And for Ukraine to be banned from rebuilding it's military after russians withdraw.

It's amusing that Putin actually believes he's in any position to make demands at all. The world right now is merely putting up with him, in much the same way as we put up with Kim Jung....and in the same manner, he will destroy Russia which brings me no great joy to say.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

It's amusing that Putin actually believes he's in any position to make demands at all. 

Then on what date is Putin going to tuck tail and go home?

<< 284  285  286    288  289  290 >>

join