It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 283
<< 280  281  282    284  285  286 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Teaching and showing them that they are not "immune", is a good thing.

Spoken as a true Son of Liberty and defender of Freedom of Speech and all other Libertarian values!đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

edit on 15/3/22 by Freeborn because: Add quote

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

There were concerns that she would be charged with criminal hooliganism, but this report suggests that she was given lesser charges.

She has been charged with organising an unauthorised public event.

The administrative charge could be punished with a fine, community service or up to 10 days in jail.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Its just breaking that Russia has officially withdrawn from the EU Council. Not sure what that actually means .

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Can you perhaps give a link to precisely where that is breaking? I see nothing about it anywhere, though i wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

So many "patriots" on ATS.....

If this war has done ANYTHING good, which is really difficult to find a silver lining, it has shown who truly believes in American democracy and ideals and values..... and who favors autocratic rule.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Well thank god for small mercies and good luck to the brave Woman.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Ta, read it when i get in, on a school run.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I know this can be confusing but the Council of Europe is not part of the EU organisation and the EU Council.
The Council of Europe is a human rights organisation which most European countries, including those in the EU, have signed up to.
The EU Council is part of the EU bureaucracy and EU legislature body.

It is true that they have resigned from the CoE and also intend to denounce the European Convention on Human Rights.

Seems to me that Putin is no longer even bothering with maintaining any pretences of him being anything other than the authoritarian tyrant that he is and that he will repress all dissention and punish all who dare to voice any opinion other than his.

edit on 15/3/22 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   

You know I've spent years here on ATS reading certain members literally non-stop preaching about how they, and they alone, are the Defenders of Freedom and Liberty, the sole opponents of tyrants and despots, of how they stand alone in the fight against authoritarianism.
How they would fight to their dying breath for their country and their inalienable right to own arms will defend them from any invasion.
How they support the oppressed in the world.

Yet in the space of a few weeks these self same people are advocating that a nations people should meekly surrender and lay down their arms to an invading army and submit to the dictates of an authoritarian tyrant.
Basically disavow all those values they have alleged to hold so dear.
They blindly turn and twist everything in support of their new found hero, a man who is brutally suppressing all opposition to him and hanging the threat of nuclear war over the world in order to impose his will on everyone.

Sadly it hasn't come as any great surprise.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
So many "patriots" on ATS.....

If this war has done ANYTHING good, which is really difficult to find a silver lining, it has shown who truly believes in American democracy and ideals and values..... and who favors autocratic rule.

Mostly the same people who were for 'limited martial law' in late 2000/early 2021 are pro-Putin. They need to be told what to do, free thought and action are too scary for them.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Re: accurate targeting. I think that is standard for modern missiles. Whoever set the targeted coordinates for the missile was competent.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Marina Ovsyannikova: Russian journalist fined after TV protest

Breathtakingly brave individual! She deserves the Nobel peace prize, but i fear it may have to be posthumous, or least delivered to her in prison.

But here's hoping that she gets a better deal than Julian Assange got from the West when he dared to air the truth.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
It is true that they have resigned from the CoE and also intend to denounce the European Convention on Human Rights.

Seems to me that Putin is no longer even bothering with maintaining any pretences of him being anything other than the authoritarian tyrant that he is and that he will repress all dissention and punish all who dare to voice any opinion other than his.

That's an interesting observation. I have been quietly observing the news coming out of Russia for several years about their crackdown on freedom of worship and the press. Mostly targeting the minority Christian group of Jehovah's Witnesses. There were many watch-groups watching as well. And strong condemnation from the European Union and the United States on what was going on.

Some speculated that it was Putin's testing of the waters. And not a few were warning that his actions against that small group were going to escalate to include others, probably religions as a whole in the near future, and bordering nations.

I remember showing this music video to a friend who is Russian and he didn't believe what was going on there.

Music Video

If what watchdog and governmental groups were saying is true, Putin intends to crack down totally on free speech, freedom to assembly, freedom of press, which obviously he is already doing, but this was being forecast for years. He will also soon begin to crack down other other religions, including the Russian Orthodox Church. They are not going to escape.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Sadly it hasn't come as any great surprise.

I'll be honest FB, it has been surprising to me.

I have several firearms, no surprise there, i've had them and proclaimed this for years, out in public and here on ATS. I'm the first one on the front lines arguing FOR second amendment rights.

It's surprising to me that the same people i see arguing those same - Constitutional Democratic Republic - values, become aligned more with despotism than with our own freedoms.

I think for some, the whole QAnon / Trump is messiah / Tribalism mentality has become so indelibly etched into their minds that it's near impossible to see a path forward. Furthermore, if we dont start coming together as one America and all start fighting.... whatever the hell this is.... then i fear our legacy. We CANNOT go down as the generation that killed the USA! We just can't, and yes im very emotional about this, i dedicated 2 decades of my life to fighting for everyone, not just Conservative, not just far-right, no just democrats, not just neo-liberalism or progressives....everyone, especially those i disagree with so vehemently.

Was i stupid?

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I've said it before, their psyche cannot take being wrong. They are so invested in the election conspiracy which ties into the covid conspiracy which they are now linking to the Russia and Ukraine conspiracy. They have invested years now, money into their causes, some have lost loved ones and relationships. It would be too devastating to them. So, they will continue to tie absolutely everything in the world to their election, deep state conspiracies.

And don't get me wrong we're all here because we are looking for alternative news or input, but this group is too far gone even for me and I've been here for over 18 years now.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

You Sir are far from stupid.
You have remained true to your values and I commend you for that.

That's quite an impassioned and heartfelt post and one that commands respect.

I may not agree with all of your views - what an awful world it would be if we agreed on everything - but as long as there are people like you I feel there is hope for America....and the world.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ha the reporter only got a 300$ fine.

THE HORROR

Wasnt it you guys that said she was gonna get 15 years? and possibly murdered .

I dont think she even got fired

Its funny watching the narrative get exposed
edit on 15-3-2022 by just4fun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

If its all part of some joined up Globalist/NWO/Deep State conspiracy that they are trying to engineer then its got be said they aren't very #ing good at it.
Given the resources at their disposal and the length of time they've been trying to manufacture it they haven't made much progress have they....and its hardly a bloody secret given the amount of people who rattle on about it at every given opportunity.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
Marina Ovsyannikova: Russian journalist fined after TV protest

Breathtakingly brave individual! She deserves the Nobel peace prize, but i fear it may have to be posthumous, or least delivered to her in prison.

But here's hoping that she gets a better deal than Julian Assange got from the West when he dared to air the truth.

She got a 300$ fine and gets to keep her job

OMG

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: just4fun

Probably because even Putin knew he wouldn't get away with it.

But you laugh and sneer.

I'd never heard of a "douche canoe" until the other day.

Very apt, though.

<< 280  281  282    284  285  286 >>

join