It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 278
<< 275  276  277    279  280  281 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Im not sure xpert11

I have heard a load of there APC tires are falling apart down to poor vehicle maintenance and dry rot.

As to the fuel situation, Russia seem to be having major problems with supply lines or so it seems to me.

Going going off-road burns more fuel and breaks things more easily, they seem hard pushed to manage simple columns imho thus far, im thinking blitzkrieg might be beyond there ability if I'm honest.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11

The Russo Georgian war exposed the limitations of Soviet-era military equipment and doctrine. Yet nothing beyond Soviet-style proclamations and displays took place in the years leading up to the war in Ukraine. For instance, the T-14 Armata's production numbers were never planned to replace Cold War-era tanks.

I think this is what happens when you let the personal oligarch friends reap the benefits of state run oil, instead of investing in national defense. For comparison in 1988, near the end of the (first) cold war, USSR defense spending was $319 billion USD, the latest current estimate for Russia is $48.2 billion. By way of comparison, the US FY 2022 defense budget is $778 billion.

For all their limitations, the Russians are entrenched in Ukraine. Strategically, the Russians are likely to defeat Ukrainian forces via attrition. Putin will pour reinforcements into the meat grinder.

Unless there's a successful coup. It's entirely possible the Russian people stand against Putin, unwilling to be meat shields against people in Ukraine that they, ultimately love - or used to anyway.

Yet the Ukrainian's inability to destroy enemy supply lines and launch counteroffensives is their undoing.

Are we certain it's inability and not intentional? I, personally, am not convinced of that just yet.
edit on 14-3-2022 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

They should have been maintaining and replacing there equipment instead of buying super yachts.

In a nut shell the oligarchs and army have been at the bump bigtime.

Who could have seen that one coming, well not Putin or so it seems.

edit on 14-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

They should have been maintaining and replacing there equipment instead of buying super yachts.

In a nut shell the oligarchs and army have been at the bump bigtime.

Who could have seen that one coming, well not Putin or so it seems.

They are just doing what the Boss is doing. Putin never had a pot to piss in before he became head of state. He's now probably one of the richest guys on the planet.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

And of course, as all good leaders do, Putin cut off the Russian peoples' communication from the rest of the world so they couldn't see how mighty the Russian military is.

Why didn't we think of that? (/slapforehead)

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

I hope the this doesn’t sway populist leaders (such as Boris Johnson) to piggy back that outraged swell to gain votes. That’d dig us into this mess perhaps so deep that’s it’s impossible to climb out.

Honestly, I dont think you need to worry about that. NATO and EU nations collectively - even if there were a rogue populist element within it - are leading the charge here, no one will be drawn in unless a NATO country is attacked.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I tend to agree that Putin probably has a # load of monies tucked away all over the planet in all sort of different accounts and deals.

But that begs the question all the same, why rock the boat in the manner he is now doing?

Coz that's sure as eggs is eggs not working out to plan.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I tend to agree that Putin probably has a # load of monies tucked away all over the planet in all sort of different accounts and deals.

But that begs the question all the same, why rock the boat in the manner he is now doing?

Coz that's sure as eggs is eggs not working out to plan.

If the rumours are true that he's in God's waiting room then what does he care.

If he has the same mindset as Stalin he will sacrifice his and everyone else's children to grab his moment in history. No matter the cost.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The thing is Solo, his place in the history books are pretty much irrelevant if there's no-one around to read them.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   

He must care about his daughter and other family's future existence surely?

As to history, how he is going to be remember is pretty much guaranteed now.

That is, and like Freeborn suggests, people still left around to record it.
edit on 14-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   
you guys tired of being lied to yet?

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Vehicles may not be as good as advertised, or, poor maintenance and/or common parts (like tires) may be culprits.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Maybe they should lock Boris in a hotel room with a couple of his mistresses til this is over - just to make sure

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

Maybe they should lock Boris in a hotel room with a couple of his mistresses til this is over - just to make sure

Poor Boris....

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Good grief no man....and increase the risk of even more little Boris's running around. There's already more than enough!

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Looks like the Germans are going to continue funding the destruction of Ukraine...............

"Germany has warned that an immediate boycott of Russian gas and oil supplies could hurt its own population more than Vladimir Putin, bringing mass unemployment and poverty.

“If we flip a switch immediately, there will be supply shortages, even supply stops in Germany,” the economic and energy minister Robert Habeck told public broadcaster ARD"

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: just4fun

Yes. Please stop it.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It's going to be a long haul for Putin, if he figures to conquer Kyiv. But I fear that Putin's ace in the hole, is the use of biological or chemical weapons on the city of Kyiv.

So Biden has threatened serious consequences to Russia, if Putin uses any bio/chem weapons on Ukraine.

Any thoughts on what Biden and the U.S. Congress might do, if the Russkies used bio/chem weapons on Ukrainian territory?

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Good point! Give him ladyboys and lock the door

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: just4fun

I know all those white women look the same huh, Just so you know that isnt the same person enlarge it on a monitor and youll see.

top topics

<< 275  276  277    279  280  281 >>

join