It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 221
<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Too right and the beatings for speaking in the alternative languages are happening all over Planet earth right now. I'll be honest with you I'd take the word of a scouser who married a Ukrainian lad pretty seriously. The Russian minority have been made scape goats for everything wrong in Ukraine. Treated exactly like the jews gippos and homos in the 1930s. It's an ever revolving door of same tactics used by all sides in the middle east of Eaurope and you never know which side is doing the acting when they all play a part in the theatre show put on for the world. I just wish the gangsters behind both sides woulod do a deal and order Putin and Zelomensky to do a deal for the sake of humanity. We got so much in common worldwide when fossil fuels are taken out of their equation

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Rumors of Syrian fighters being hired by Russia to fight in Ukraine:

Russia is reportedly hiring Syrians adept in urban combat to fight in Ukraine, as the invasion ordered by Moscow focuses on key cities and major urban centres including the capital Kyiv.
Moscow has been recruiting fighters who were operating from inside Syria since 2015, The Wall Street Journal reported citing four US officials.
Though it is unclear how many fighters will be recruited, some were said to already be in Russia readying themselves to participate in the ongoing invasion.

www.msn.com...

If true these fighters will be from the pro Assad/Syrian regime side,those who Russia was supporting in the Syrian war.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I dont know what else to say but heartbreaking. Especially the little girl singing "Let it go" in Ukranian near the end. Imagine that poor girl having to wake up each day in a crappy bomb shelter? Heartbreaking.

edit on 7-3-2022 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

It will be true mate. Vlad will take in anyone can get to do the fighting all the ways from the Wagner group to the Syrian man I the street. Good news for Vlad those Syrians will be battle trained, indeed the word 'Syrian' is probably a cover for Iranians and Chinese. I have no doubt whatsoever on the Iran front they will be sent to Ukraine if Vlad is running out of numbers. Russias military has always been very multi national and has been recruiting for eigners to serve in its pro ranks for a while now. I saw some British who joind Vlad's official forces recently somewhere. If you are willing to fight and take the Kings Crown then Russia will welcome you.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I'm beginning to think Putin might not be able to get his mainline troops and units to attack Ukraine.

And that's why he's resorting to sending in the majority of conscripts and 3rd rate soldiers.
edit on 7-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The very best may be in reserve (but not some of the airborne units that are in Ukraine).

Telling that Russia is sending mercenaries to fight in Ukraine.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Russia isn't acting like Ukrainians have killed over 6,000 soldiers.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes thats what's called repelling the invaders.

You notice there are no flowers, unicorns or rainbows bestowed on the Russian forces.

edit on 7-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

care, always hard to know how accurate casualty reports and claims are.

One indication is the loss of two Russian generals as well as a regimental commander. That means the senior guys are up front, trying to motivate the regular troops.

Last 24 hours have been more positional than anything else, although there is a report of a successful raid on a Russian-held airfield.

My impression is both sides are readying themselves for the next series of battles.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I saw some British who joind Vlad's official forces recently somewhere. If you are willing to fight and take the Kings Crown then Russia will welcome you.

Had a good look around mate, can't find anything at all to support that.

Lots of reports of British based Ukrainians returning to fight for their homeland.
And several reports of ex-UK servicemen signing up to fight for Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I'm beginning to think Putin might not be able to get his mainline troops and units to attack Ukraine.

And that's why he's resorting to sending in the majority of conscripts and 3rd rate soldiers.

It looks that way,sending in the least trained,worst equipped first to soften defences and gauge the firepower of Ukraine.
Cannon fodder basicly.
Sucks to be those guys.

Also this video is doing the rounds-supposedly these vehicles are entering Ukraine via Belarus on a train-loads of civilian vehicles.
I can't believe the Russians have run out of military trucks,but I would guess they are loading up civilian vehicles with resupply-munitions,fuel etc in an attempt to avoid them being targeted maybe?

old.reddit.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I saw some British who joind Vlad's official forces recently somewhere. If you are willing to fight and take the Kings Crown then Russia will welcome you.

Had a good look around mate, can't find anything at all to support that.

Lots of reports of British based Ukrainians returning to fight for their homeland.
And several reports of ex-UK servicemen signing up to fight for Ukraine.

It might of been a dream FB was on Abbotts ale last night

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Telling that Russia is sending mercenaries to fight in Ukraine.

Cheers

It is, in fact.

What i think Putin didn't count on, necessarily, is that it would be reported so quickly. I'm not sure why i believe this, but i DO believe he might have wanted to suggest (and still might do so considering he has blocked the country off from alleged fake news) that Syrian fighters are taking up Russia's cause on their own accord without promissory obligations behind it. To show his people "look even the Syrians whose men, women and children we bombed in hospitals want to join our righteousness!!"

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Seems to be a trend among our leftist friends lately.

"Blame it on the Jews'

Pathetic

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Then those russian invaders should LEAVE Ukraine.

Problem solved.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

Then those russian invaders should LEAVE Ukraine.

Right.

One doesnt have the luxury of judging good, bad, indifferent, black or white while embroiled in war.

Let Russian invaders leave, then we can argue about who is bad or good later, but right NOW, as it stands, only Russia (meaning Putin) is bad in this scenario, he is the only abrasive one pushing into sovereign territory, Ukraine is not.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   

See if they do manage to invade and occupy Ukraine.

Watching them trying to control and hold sway over 44 million people.

The majority of such who wont want them there and hate the guts is going to be rather interesting.

They are apt to be sending thousands of bodies home each week in various different bits and pieces.

Russia just bought an Afghanistan/Northern Ireland type affair that will last decades.

And the only thing its apt to pay out is blood sweat and pain.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Watching them trying to control and hold sway over 44 million people.

I would think, at the very least, the last thing they (Russia) would want right now, is additional peoples under their umbrella that they further cannot support. Russia is coming close to being ruble-less

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I have heard rumor that the Vasily Bykov, Russian warship that bombed Snake Island, has been taken out by a Ukrainian missile. Has anyone heard anything about this?

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

top topics

<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join