It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 181
<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Report: Units 1 and 2 HAVE DAMAGE at the nuke plant. Any more, and this could be a major catastrophe. They are begging Putin to stop.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Well there are reports now that the 40km long Russian convoy is finally starting to come under attack. I am also hearing the reason they are "stalled" and in the open is due to a lack of fuel. I have no way to confirm either report though.

russians ran out of fuel as a result of being trapped.

Someone exploded all their fuel trucks within hours of springing that trap.

Exploded the food trucks too.

My understanding is that the 1500 Javs are finally in position, wouldn't surprise me at all if things are kicking off now.

Also - for those sad folks still clinging to desperate hopes that russia is telling the truth about the number of russian dead...

The Pentagon just told everyone that 280 russian tanks were destroyed by 300 Javelins, confirmed via satellite data.

That's 840 russian dead, just from the tank crews destroyed by Javelins.

A small fraction of the kill count that Ukraine is reporting, and more than twice what russia is 'reporting' as TOTAL russian dead from all causes.

The Ukrainian reports are getting close to believable without much doubt now.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
a reply to: JinMI
I see this as mostly europe's problem.

We said the same thing in WWI. We said the same thing in WW2.

50 million civilian casualties just from WW2. All due respect to Europe but no, they do not get to choose appeasement again.

Too bad you don't work at the Pentagon.... hehe, or do you?

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

"All due respect to Europe but no, they do not get to choose appeasement again."

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   

a reply to: JinMI
I see this as mostly europe's problem.

We said the same thing in WWI. We said the same thing in WW2.

50 million civilian casualties just from WW2. All due respect to Europe but no, they do not get to choose appeasement again.

Too bad you don't work at the Pentagon.... hehe, or do you?

Nope...

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: pjb267
There will not be a "no fly" zone unless russians attack arms supply convoys from the West, which will be Article 5 etc etc. Putin is now "all in" Any face saving moves, minor annexing of the provinces is gone. Its all or nothing total commitment. The only way this ends is significant escalation into NATO when he goes beyond the Ukraine border or a coup in Russia that deposes him, and that depends on the REAL power he has over the people (not just fake approval ratings)

Not even in that case.

It would require large scale or repeated attacks on the soil of a NATO country.

VERY delicate dance, this.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 09:22 PM
link   
* - Russia is firing at the biggest nuclear power plant in Europe in Zaporizhia. A catastrophe ten times worse than Chernobyl may happen. This will be the end of all Europe, Zelensky warns

* - IAEA puts its Incident and Emergency Centre (@IAEAIEC) in full 24/7 response mode due to serious situation at Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant in Ukraine (because the first group I want in any emergency situation is the UN)

* - Johnson: Putin's "reckless" actions could "threaten the security of all of Europe"

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

In spite of any political leanings, elected representatives are calling for it from a nation not technically involved

Can't do anything about those political leaders in other counties, but we have ours on an unbreakable leash.

I highly doubt Europe would dare try it without us, they'd get wiped out.

There are a few specific things required for successfully doing this that only the U.S. has.

We're good for now.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Posobiec is on Tim Pools show currently and they are discussing.

Putin now has the ammo he needs. Pretty fuqed up that a politician whos nation is not techically in conflict with Russia is calling for that presidents assassination.

Dangerous is a gross understatement.

Well the concern with calling for a leaders assassination is the possible same action by Russia against our President.. I say Biden, Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Cheny, Kitzinger and Graham and call it even.

Would be nice but we both know it dont work that way.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 09:28 PM
link   

In my mind, and probably in some of our high command, this is not going to reach WWII levels until Putin attacks another country, beyond Ukraine. As bad as it is in Ukraine, it will probably take that before we get directly militarily involved. That's just the reality. And not sure I wanna be right or wrong on that. Either way is not good.

Is the lesser of two evils for the US to accept millions of lives lost to nukes? Tough call. Glad I don't have to make it.

My wife just asked me:
"Why can't this attack on the largest nuke plant in Europe be considered a nuclear first strike?"

I still don't know how to answer that one. Help.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Are the cams still live?

My feed died awhile ago.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Are the cams still live?

My feed died awhile ago.

Some, yeah.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

There's a couple of the ones I keep open with audio.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hmmmm...

War crimes: How Putin could be tried in the International Criminal Court

Ukraine, Russia and the US are not members of the ICC.

Who can be tried by the court?
Anyone accused of a crime in the jurisdiction of the court, which includes countries that are members of the ICC, can be tried. The court tries people, not countries, and focuses on those who hold the most responsibility: leaders and officials. While Ukraine is not a member of the court, it has previously accepted its jurisdiction.

Putin could, therefore, theoretically be indicted by the court for previously ordering war crimes in Crimea.

However, the ICC does not conduct trials in absentia, so he would either have to be handed over by Russia or arrested outside of Russia. That seems unlikely.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I think it opens the door for other countries to join the war in order to stop it before Russia shows up what Chernobyl 2 looks like. A nuclear strike and damaging a nuclear power plant arent the same thing (but I get where she is coming from).

Moldova called the Belarus ambassador to answer for the map lukachenko (sp) displayed, showing Moldova as a possible target.

Moldova and Georgia are already asking the EU for membership So Russia is not to far off from conquering neighbor countries.

edit on 3-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Also, as some might know, my channel SpectroNet is alive and well:
www.youtube.com...

After seeing the nuke signature from when N. Korea launched that one in 2017, it has a distinctive imprint. To a degree, I will recognize a nuke signature on the spectros should one go off somewhere in range. We still have the video of that here, back in the early days of the feed:
www.youtube.com...

And of course that assumes that we are still alive, we still got power, and the seismic feeds haven't gone kaput in the blast.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 09:48 PM
link   

What is that low level hum im hearing? its on both links.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 09:51 PM
link   

In my mind, and probably in some of our high command, this is not going to reach WWII levels until Putin attacks another country, beyond Ukraine. As bad as it is in Ukraine, it will probably take that before we get directly militarily involved. That's just the reality. And not sure I wanna be right or wrong on that. Either way is not good.

Is the lesser of two evils for the US to accept millions of lives lost to nukes? Tough call. Glad I don't have to make it.

My wife just asked me:
"Why can't this attack on the largest nuke plant in Europe be considered a nuclear first strike?"

I still don't know how to answer that one. Help.

I'm stuck in the same dilemma.

As much as we WANT to help Ukraine with something like a No Fly Zone, there is a very real chance that this escalation, while easy for us to do, would make things FAR worse for Ukrainians, and the entire world.

That's a price that nobody is willing to pay.

I HATE it.

But we just can't go there.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   
* - U.S. energy secretary Granholm says the department has activated its nuclear incident response team and is monitoring events at the Ukraine nuclear plant

* - French Defense Minister: The aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle will take up a position in the Mediterranean for reconnaissance missions over the Baltic countries

* - Minutes ago, the Ukrainian emergency services issued a message indicating that firefighters had been sent to the scene to extinguish a fire. (translated statement below)

* - SpaceX Chief @elonmusk says "almost all Viasat Ukraine user terminals were rendered permanently unusable by a Russian CyberAttack on day of invasion" @SpaceX Chief ElonMusk when asked if Starlink could also be under threat of a cyberattacks from Russia, tweets "yes"

edit on 3-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Heh, she replied back... "Well, when has another country directly and intentionally attacked an operational nuclear power plant?"

Note that the Israeli and Iranian attacks don't qualify as operational. Lol, wifey's got me in a noose on that one.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thats what I was about to say when she shot the argument down.

Operational
* - The US destruction of a research reactor in Iraq in 1991
* - Attempted military strikes by Iraq and Iran on each other’s nuclear facilities during the 1980-88 war
* - Iraq’s attempted missile strikes on Israel’s nuclear facilities in 1991

new topics

top topics

<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join