It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

There you go obsessing with redundant US party politics that don't mean anything to the rest of us poor sods.

Pull your finger out of your bottom and wake up to stuff that has nothing to do with your petty internal political squabbling.

Please?

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Well agreed there. Sanction as much as you can. Send as many weapons and bombs to Ukraine as you want. No problem there.

WW3 is barely worth risking to defend NATO. But ultimately still worth it. But for non-NATO? In a country that matters to Russia strategically but not to us strategically? I’d be against military force

If it isn’t worth launching the nukes it isn’t worth putting our troops in harms way

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Very well. For you carpy 😁

I still say this whole thing could’ve been averted if Obama/Biden and that total disaster Hillary didn’t try playing King Maker back in 2013/2014

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Yes, no one is sending troops to Ukraine.

But if Russia is on Poland's border and threatening Baltic breakaway state with assimilation back into Mother Russia, like he ranted in a recent speech, what then?

No one is talking sending troops to Ukraine or nukes.

But the bigger picture is a bit worrying.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: olaru12

And there are US spies in Russia doing the same.

It is common day to day intelligence activity and has been going on for at least 100 years. There’s also Chinese spies, Cuban spies and god knows who else.

Spies are as old as warfare itself. And humans have been killing one another in an organized fashion since the beginning of our species.

I know that, I served. I don't think cozying up to Putin and making it easier for our domestic enemies is a good thing. In fact I think it's treasonous.

Diplomacy is one thing but kissing a Murderous dictator azz is treason, imo.

edit on 23-2-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Yeah, but we have to live in the now, not the Hitlery past.

Agree she's a witch, though.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   

You're a partisan yourself. You make my point.

My thesis goes for governments and ideas as well.

To you, the left is all bad.

I'm not arguing against having an opinion but against automatic black and white thinking.

Often it's based on ideology

And actually on this point although Trump with his Putin love influences folks a lot on the right, on the most part even the right-wing automatically hates Putin. Maybe on this issue, they're justified.
On the Syrian issue, IMO Putin did the right thing. But not on this one.
That's my point politicians can one day do a good deed and the next week do bad.

edit on 23-2-2022 by peaceinoutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: matafuchs

Wow...you are really going off of the deep end now.

What do you call, giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Russia is not our friend!

There are Russian spies in the US as we speak, looking for vulnerabilities. trump and his bromance with Putin gave it to them.

Excellent one dimensional view.

What should we do about China? Burn everything “Made in China”? Stop them buying up the Midwest farmland?

We definitely have been MORE than comforting our “enemies “.
edit on 23-2-2022 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   

BIDEN is giving comfort to our enemy right now. The current POTUS. Why? Because he is doing nothing. Meanwhile, the media is trying to blame gas prices and empty shelves on Putin, 45 and the Ukraine. Shills....

Also, if 45 and Putin were such good friends why did he not invade during this term? I mean, if there is a bromance why not Winter 2018?

Russia is not our friend. You are correct. Never said they were. Neither did Trump.

All Putin did was follow The Art of War. Pretty simple ideas and our admin is so concerned about other things they allowed this invasion to happen.

Biden did....not 45.
edit on Febpm28pmf0000002022-02-23T16:48:57-06:000457 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Aw, flinging more sheet around today....

US warns Ukraine there will be a full-scale invasion in 48 hours and 80% of 190,000 Russia troops are 'ready to go': Kremlin promises 'painful' response to Biden's sanctions and Kiev's banks and government are hit with massive cyberattacks

And...

Why Is Russia Doing Naval Training Over the Undersea Cables Connecting the US and Europe?

ww... w.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10542199/Vladimir-Putin-warns-Russias-security-non-negotiable-Biden-hits-Kremlin-cronies.html
www.theorganicprepper.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   

This can be traced back further than Obama/Biden etc.
When the old USSR broke up instead of turning a blind eye, enabling and being active participants to the rampant corruption and asset stripping etc that occurred during Yeltsin's drunken tenure as leader we, 'the west', should have invested and assisted in the development of the new Russia.
But no, 'free enterprise' and profit took priority.

I've watched a few video's of Putin over the last few days; his eyes have gone....megalomania.

I have absolutely no desire to see any UK involvement in any military conflict.....seen far too many British soldiers come home in body bags from needless wars in foreign lands in my lifetime.
But I can't help but wonder if Putin will stop at LPR and DPR?

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

This can be traced back further than Obama/Biden etc.
When the old USSR broke up instead of turning a blind eye, enabling and being active participants to the rampant corruption and asset stripping etc that occurred during Yeltsin's drunken tenure as leader we, 'the west', should have invested and assisted in the development of the new Russia.
But no, 'free enterprise' and profit took priority.

I've watched a few video's of Putin over the last few days; his eyes have gone....megalomania.

I have absolutely no desire to see any UK involvement in any military conflict.....seen far too many British soldiers come home in body bags from needless wars in foreign lands in my lifetime.
But I can't help but wonder if Putin will stop at LPR and DPR?

I agree. During Putins speech the other day, you saw at times this ZERO tolerance and dread look on him. Like talking about past Soviet leaders messing up borders and giving crimea to Ukraine as a gift etc.

I don’t think it’s a front. It’s pretty legit.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Agreed, if he threatens a treaty ally then he means to go all the way. That would be a completely different story, since despite the news media framing, this is Russia vs Ukraine not Russia vs NATO

I have nothing against Ukraine. But expecting Russia to remain silent while we assimilate Ukraine into NATO was never realistic. Putin’s only move is to create a stalemate or outright take the country

But I do agree if NATO is attacked then we have no choice. With a little luck our submarines might even disable enough Russian missiles before both Russia and the USA are both smoldering holes in the ground. I would say the odds are 1000000:1 he moves on the Baltics maybe that is hopeful thinking

It all comes down to what you believe is likely. I refuse to give the hysterical MSM credibility but each is their own. Is Putin is off his rocker and plans a confrontation with NATO? Or is he reacting from a defensive position due to perceived encroachment of NATO on his border?

Because depending on which of those statements are true, the NATO scenario is either quite likely or very unlikely. I believe the latter of the two suppositions. I do not believe the MSM is capable of objectivity or impartial direct transfer of knowledge

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Putin is proving that Ukraine is justified in trying to get into NATO

A classic catch 22.

If they try to get in NATO Putin will use that to attack them, so in order to stop that they have join NATO!

Also, Putin has reinvigorated NATO. Now more countries will join.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Agreed.

Funnily enough, I'm watching "Hunter Killer" at the mo.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I don’t think rejecting a narrative counts as supporting a foreign enemy.

Claiming this situation is Russia vs US is a lie and is propaganda. It is Russia vs Ukraine.

Claiming this situation exists in a vacuum is a lie and is propaganda. Obama/Biden/Clinton’s 2014 “meddling” actually laid the groundwork for all of this.

I prefer objective reality. Putin is a bad guy, but interjecting ourselves into Russian/Ukrainian affairs would not be appropriate. I’d prefer the “leadership” class stay far away from the situation, on all sides they are totally inept and incapable of performing the roles they occupy. Turns out giving someone a title doesn’t actually make you that thing. Calling myself a machinist won’t suddenly make me good at machining.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

BIDEN is giving comfort to our enemy right now. The current POTUS. Why? Because he is doing nothing. Meanwhile, the media is trying to blame gas prices and empty shelves on Putin, 45 and the Ukraine. Shills....

Also, if 45 and Putin were such good friends why did he not invade during this term? I mean, if there is a bromance why not Winter 2018?

Russia is not our friend. You are correct. Never said they were. Neither did Trump.

All Putin did was follow The Art of War. Pretty simple ideas and our admin is so concerned about other things they allowed this invasion to happen.

Biden did....not 45.

Bidden is a national ... nay International embarrassment .
He should be removed from power .. he cant manage a sentence with out a gaff , and they are serious gaffs.

If you want to lead the Free world for the love of God vote for a leader that can actually lead us.

Im a Brit so cant really say much more , apart from Bidden is a dangerous Idiot.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Good one! 🍻

Hey World Wars have started for less, I just hope it doesn’t spiral out of control

Those missile submarines are impressive though 😁 Russia knows we would wipe it out if they provoked NATO. Unless Putin really has lost his mind, I can not see him getting into a suicide pact. I do know that an attack on NATO would be perceived by most folks in a totally different way

I wish I was wrong. That the country was what it was during the height of manufacturing in WW2. People working in munitions plants, planting victory gardens and rationing gasoline along with pretty much everything else. War bonds. The death rate was staggering on all sides and out of an unimaginable horror came the weapon that offered a chance to create a true stalemate with adversaries that can actually be thought of as a lasting a sustainable peace when rational actors are involved

It is why I scoff at the idea of provoking the Russians to this extent. Even China doesn’t pose an existential threat to us with its 400 something nuclear arms

Maybe I am biased because of disliking Clinton and to a much less extent Obama and Biden but I don’t see all of Russias grievances as made up or unfounded. Not that grievances alone give them the right to invade their neighbors

Personally, I had hoped Trump would manage to get Russia into NATO

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You are spot on Freeborn

Why in the heck did we sleepwalk on Russia for 30 years. We had a chance to bring them into the fold, show them through tangible gains why what we offered was better than what they had. And instead the can was kicked down the road

It isn’t all our fault, Russia could have tried harder to not present itself as an adversary. It did help fight Islamic State at least

I see it as lots of missed opportunities

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

There have been some strange stories going around about Putin's behaviour recently.
Sure, some of it may be propaganda and good old fashioned lies.

But he's changed.
His posture.
His attitude.

I've been around the block, been in quite a few dodgy situations in the past.
And I worked as a doorman for quite a few years, you learn to read people.
And a lot of that is done by looking into the eyes.
I've seen it lots of times, when someone is hell bent on kicking off. No matter what anyone says or does they have decided on a particular course of action....and it rarely ends well.

Now I know this is on a massively different scale, but he has that exact same look in his eyes.

I don't know how this is going to develop.
Like most things it might blow over.

But at this moment in time I don't think there will be any reasoning with Putin, he's going to 'reclaim' that land one way or another.
Who knows what will transpire after that?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join