It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

His speech the other day was a bit weird.

With him sat there asking all his puppets their opinions.

Power corrupts, absolute power.... Etc.

I'm no psychiatrist, but, he is a swivel eyed lunatic.

Allegedly.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Freeborn

You are spot on Freeborn

Why in the heck did we sleepwalk on Russia for 30 years. We had a chance to bring them into the fold, show them through tangible gains why what we offered was better than what they had. And instead the can was kicked down the road

It isn’t all our fault, Russia could have tried harder to not present itself as an adversary. It did help fight Islamic State at least

I see it as lots of missed opportunities

Putin said recently you didn’t want to be friends.

From Space partnership and fight IS, I’m sure Russia at times since the fall of the Soviet Union, wanted to be Allies at least

But the military industry always needing a big “boogeyman” doesn’t help either
edit on 23-2-2022 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

We invested in lots of the ex-Warsaw Pact countries but left Russia dangling.
Ex KGB, Communist Party officials and old fashioned mobsters and racketeers stepped into the breach exploited the situation.

The Russian people's pride and self-esteem was at a low.
Putin got into power, stayed in power and is now obsessed with achieving what he see's as his legacy and restoring Russia's former glory.

'We' had lots of opportunities to work with Russia but successive administrations in the US/UK/EU etc screwed up.
As usual the interests of bankers and industrialists took priority....and as a result we are where we are.

Profit, greed and the thirst for power....always been an unhealthy mix.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

Not seeing that, myself.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

Who is you?

Clearly quite a few of us had high hopes for US/Russia future. Russia is a WW2 ally for God’s sake. Now we’re discussing the real possibility of putting our military on the other side of theirs? Seems like a big mistake to me

It’s a constant effort by the media and war profiteers to beat the drums. But make no mistake, a sizeable group of people do not buy it. At least not all of it

Our leadership class is too proud to admit their foreign policy failures. We took credit for the fall of the USSR but made little effort to replace it with anything better. We have so much in common with Russia, including customs and cultural values, it really is a missed opportunity

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Well, I'll give you Vodka, if nothing else?

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I prefer objective reality. Putin is a bad guy, but interjecting ourselves into Russian/Ukrainian affairs would not be appropriate.

The objective reality is that Putin is much more than just a bad guy as you put it and would like nothing more in his megalomaniacal mind to use this Ukrainian mess to draw the US and Europe into a shooting conflict. imo, it's just a matter of time and praising putin just for being trump brofriend is not going to end well. There are Russian ships over the undersea communication cables as we speak. Your blame game is pointless in todays current events.
Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense.

www.upi.com...

edit on 23-2-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: carewemust

The network and Joe Biden really want a U.S. involved war against Russia, it seems.

Anything to get away from having discussions on the Inflation, Economy, Mandates/passports.

Still, we must give Kudos to Joe for using (what's left of) his brain today.

Biden knows what he likes, so he knows where to hit the Russian big shots.

He's frozen the accounts they use for satisfying their personal perversions.

time.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Russian missile cruisers on battle alert face NATO carriers in Mediterranean www.debka.com...

If Putin is dumb enough to attack NATO forces he would be done.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   

To put it in perspective Russia was NOT an ally to the west when WW2 started. They were allied with Nazi Germany, assisted in the invasion of Poland and only yelled for help when Germany backstabbed Russia.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Russian missile cruisers on battle alert face NATO carriers in Mediterranean www.debka.com...

If Putin is dumb enough to attack NATO forces he would be done.

It's just a matter of time before someone accidentally presses the wrong button, or gets tired of being on "high alert" and presses a button to take down a NATO jet, or whatever.

Fog of war posturing.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken told NBC News on Wednesday that he expected Russia to invade Ukraine before the night was over but still sees a chance to "avert a major aggression".

"Everything seems to be in place for Russia to engage in a major aggression against Ukraine," Blinken told NBC in an interview, adding he could not be precise about time or place.

Blinken believes Russia will invade Ukraine before night is out

Sounds like the boy who cried wolf at this point. I hope that he is wrong this time as well. If not then, that sucks for the civilians of Ukraine.
edit on 23-2-2022 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   

CNN's Frederik Pleitgen has witnessed what he describes as "a lot of very ominous movement" on the ground in Russia, near northeast Ukraine.

"We've seen ... military trucks, who have actually had their license plates on backwards. They turned the license plates around, which could be them trying to mask some sort of movement," Pleitgen told CNN.

"The Russian military really [is] in a position where it certainly seems as though they could strike at any point in time," he added

Russia has issued a notice banning civil aircraft from flight routes bordering north-eastern Ukraine.

Russia issued a NOTAM (notice to airmen or notice to air missions) that covers a corridor of territory where Russian forces have gathered over the past weeks.

The NOTAM remains in force until May 18.

Source: www.cnn.com...

The war talk on CNN is ratcheting up. I hope that's all it is. Just talk and speculation. I'm trying to find other sources verifying the above.

Edit: verified the no fly zone reports of explosions audible from Mariupol which is close to the border of Donbas. liveuamap.com... for more updates.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Lots of reports of civilian airliners turning around and exiting Ukrainian airspace. I'm on my cell phone at the moment so I cannot verify.

Edit: here is one that turned away: www.flightradar24.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: majesticgent Not looking good.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

Yes. I think so too...

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   

The Ukrainian government is closing airports in eastern Ukraine from midnight through 7 a.m. because of the confrontation with Russia.

Ukrainian aviation authorities also have declared some airspace in the east to be “danger areas” because of attempts by Russian aviation authorities to seize control of the airspace.

Ukraine acted after Russia issued a ban on civilian air traffic in airspace over eastern Ukraine.

Ukraine shuts airports, warns of airspace danger

Not too sure about the source but it appears that Ukraine closed their airspace.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: majesticgent

CNN as usual is playing the CIA propaganda card.
They are equal to what RT is for Russia, though not as gross as RT.
Their idea is to try to expose Putin in order to, as they think( the US government) get him not to attack or maybe they want them to attack. You never know what these characters are really up to.

I hope it doesn’t go down since your right, as usual, the civilians will pay the price for evil egomaniacal leaders, as Bush did in Iraq, XI, and his antics, and now Putin.

Whatever his beef is it doesn’t justify tormenting the Ukrainian citizens.

He's made his point. If he does attack untold suffering will occur which doesn't have to be.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Breaking...

Russia-Ukraine updates: Russian military leaders have gone to command center, US official says

The official said cyberattacks are also underway

Source: abcnews.go.com...

Nothing to say really...

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I think I'll move to Grenada...

Folks, get your shelters ready!

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join