It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: merka

originally posted by: carewemust
2-23-2022

Former President Donald Trump's reaction to Russia granting "recognition" and "independence" to two Ukraine territories.

Former President Trump on Tuesday called Russia's recognition of two breakaway territories in eastern Ukraine a "genius" move ahead of its military invasion.

In an interview on "The Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Show," Trump said Russian President Vladimir Putin's recognition of the Donetsk and Luhansk people’s republics in eastern Ukraine on Monday was "smart" and "pretty savvy."

"I went in yesterday, and there was a television screen, and I said, 'This is genius,'" he said. "Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine — Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful."

"I said, 'How smart is that?' He's going to go in and be a peacekeeper," added Trump, who regularly praised and sought close ties with Putin during his time in office. "That's the strongest peace force. We could use that on our southern border. That's the strongest peace force I've ever seen. There were more army tanks than I've ever seen. They're going to keep peace, all right."

Following his recognition of the two Donbas areas, which are controlled by Russian-backed separatists, Putin moved in troops, which led to international condemnation.
More at: thehill.com...

The words "Recognition" and "Independent" and "Peacekeeping", sound like GOOD THINGS, which is why the vast majority of ordinary people are not getting upset over Russia's movements, like Joe Biden and a handful of other "outsiders" are.

Sometimes its scary to think that Trump has the same basic idea of others, except in far stupider terms. I mean he's not wrong. Putins cause for war as "peacekeepers" was seen coming a mile away.

Trump is no fool, and he isn't wrong here. Putin is being extremely savvy about this. He's been casting doubt on the legitimacy of the entire Ukrainian state, and now he's set himself up as a peacekeeper to protect Donbass, instead of as an invader.

It's looking like it's probably going to work, too, because it seems like even the Ukrainians aren't freaking out about this.

Everyone is tiptoeing around an acknowledgement no one wants to make:

Admitting a nasty ex-spy is a genuine Master of Words & Manipulation.

Putin's good, VERY good at getting a Master Troll level # You across to foes while still getting the end goal that the foes said wasnt happening.

And that's something to openly see, understand & acknowledge. It certainly doesn't make someone a Putin ass kisser to point it out, it means someone else hasnt realized the shark circling them is also actively outthinking them.

Now that we are openly observing the shark (Putin) circle us while it concocts our next sleight-of-hand distraction, what next on our part? Are we going to maybe try to outthink the shark for once & avoid the foot nips?
edit on 2/23/2022 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Now that we are openly observing the shark (Putin) circle us while it concocts our next sleight-of-hand distraction, what next on our part? Are we going to maybe try to outthink the shark for once & avoid the foot nips?

It's starting to look like the shark is going to win...

Biden's "Milquetoast" Russia Sanctions Defanged After Berlin Says Nord Stream 2 Halt Not Permanent

Basically, everybody seems to think Biden's sanctions are lame, and Germany is already starting to walk back the cancellation of the pipeline, suggesting that it might only be temporary.

Among Biden's central threats Tuesday was his reiterating "there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2" after Germany announced it has halted the natural gas pipeline's certification process. But already as of Wednesday Berlin is signaling this "does not mean it will never go into operation," according to the latest words of German Economy Minister Robert Habeck.

Habeck made additional comments which imply that Germany is not on the same page as Biden here.
edit on 23-2-2022 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Again, where is 45 wrong? What Putin did was genius. It does not have to be right to be a smart move for the person who did it. This is all to make it look like Biden is the man rallying the troops and 45 is just praising Putin for his actions against...Ukraine? Ok PSaki...

Putin did not make the US look weak. That is the fault the current president, Joe Biden.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Invading a sovereign country, claiming Ukraine is not a proper country etc is a "smart move"?

You approve of that?

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

What is it with some of you and reading comprehension? This is what I said....

It does not have to be right to be a smart move for the person who did it.

No. I do not agree with someone invading a country without provocation. However, the way he did it is smart. Tactical. Like a leader would do.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Fair enough, I missed that. Apologies.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

It certainly looks that patently obvious, doesn't it?

The shark metaphor works rather well, Putin has us so worked up that we think it's (Russia) going to eat us & everyone else around for lunch.

He's still circling, if only just for amusement, and still outthinking us. Takes talent to see a political pratfall (Biden admin) on a global stage, and lead the faller to show they're just signboard-wearing nucking futz looney tunes after all.

It's a bad look for the US. We keep reacting to the stupid nips.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Perfectly said.

link   

How do you think the US should react?

link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

No. I do not agree with someone invading a country without provocation. However, the way he did it is smart. Tactical. Like a leader would do.

Do you approve of a leader that praises another leader of a country that has nuclear missils pointed at US? I don't!!!

foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Yes. Nothing to see here….

Truth is, IMO, this has nothing to do with Russia or the Ukraine.

This is all about the USA keeping control of Europe, and in particular, Germany.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Do you approve of a leader that praises another leader of a country that has nuclear missils pointed at US? I don't!!!

Like what does that even mean? You can respect your enemy, and most likely should when called for. BTW do you approve of a leader that personally rakes in 10s of millions from countries that have nukes pointed at us?

Seems the left always falls back to little tit for tat that mean nothing and they try and make it a big deal, like a phone call, but then really BIG deals they blow off as nothing to see here when it is on them.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

How do you think the US should react?

Well, call me old-fashioned, buuuut since you asked....

Applies in all aspects of life, really.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I asked you a straightforward question, and you respond with that?!!!

So, how should the US react?

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

What was that you said again? So 3 former presidents praise him but 45 is bad....

Obama

www.politico.com...

President Barack Obama had some kind words for Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday. Really.

As the U.S. and Russia remained locked in a tense stand-off over Putin’s grab for Ukraine, Obama said he was pleasantly surprised by the foreign leader’s assistance in clinching a historic deal with Iran over its nuclear program.

Bush

news.yahoo.com...

ormer President George W. Bush said on Monday that he has “always felt” the United States should be tough in countering Russian President Vladimir Putin’s aggression.

“He’s a very smart tactician,” Bush said in an interview with Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo. “The problem is, his whole attitude on most issues is, ’I’m going to win and U.S. is going to lose.’

Clinton

www.themoscowtimes.com...

Former U.S. President Bill Clinton offered some rare words of praise for Vladimir Putin on Wednesday, describing the Russian president as "very smart," "brutally blunt" and true to his word.

"Mr. Putin … he's very smart," Clinton said in an interview with CNN talk show host Piers Morgan. "And, remarkably, we had a good, blunt relationship." Asked to describe just how blunt that relationship was, Clinton replied, "Brutally blunt," indicating he preferred this level of frankness in private conversations.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I've seen this a couple times and am trying to confirm. Here is just a quick breakdown from what I have seen posted a few places.

The secretary General of the UN states that Ukraine has not applied for Border Registration since 1991 as a sovereign state, so the state of Ukraine does not exist. Therefore it can be assumed that Russia is not committing any right violations in relation to Ukraine. According to the CIS Treaty, Ukraine territory is the administrative district of the USSR. As a result no one can be blamed for separatism and and forcibly changing the borders of Ukraine. This is supposedly backed up as well in the Budapest Memorandum and other agreements that Ukraine has no borders and does not exist as a state. All Russia needs to is declare the area to be Russian and everything that happens within the area is now an internal matter of Russia.

If this is true that changes things quite a bit.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   

More to the point, all those Presidents have come and gone but Putin remains?

Democracy in action. Or maybe not.

He's a dictator.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Once the US has milked this 'crisis' for what it's worth it will move on, probably to Iran. It needs constant war and threat of war, it's the American way. People forget that the US has spent billions over the past decades in Ukraine, funding and creating political unrest through NGOs. How it can demonise Russia over Ukraine is beyond me. It has just finished destroying countries and murdering countless people all through the Middle East.

edit on 23-2-2022 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Obama, Clinton and Bush were clowns just like trump who also likes Lil Kim; another dictator that hates America. Have you ever questioned why trump likes to cozy up to dictators?

edit on 23-2-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I asked you a straightforward question, and you respond with that?!!!

So, how should the US react?

AND I gave you a bluntly straightforward answer. It is NOT my fault if you don't understand the point of not feeding trolls.
Ignore those provocations designed to erode credibiity, I. E don't feed Putin anymore, he's trolling us. Ergo, stop feeding the troll with asinine histrionics reactions.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join