It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Oxford Michigan High School

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

The school pointed out that the kid was a danger, the parents refused to see it. They also failed in other areas as well.

I suspect the school will also be sued civilly due to their own failings.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
From all information thus far, application of that statute may apply.

Based on him having the gun that he believed was his because it was bought for him.

Thats two felonies by itself at the very least.

That's why I'm saying they are going to jail. They may end up in prison though if the Feds get involved which I think they will.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Discuss evidence?

Yeah, what the prosecutor presented.

You said you did not even know the law...LOL

About whether the school could physically search someone's child. Try to keep up, this isn't a tough conversation.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So did the teachers and staff and they allowed him on campus. Negligence.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   

So did the teachers and staff and they allowed him on campus. Negligence.

This is about Mommy and Daddy Stupid Asses. If/When the school gets charged then you can be an apologist for them too.

edit on 3-12-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I don't think so. I removed that section of the post. When I wrote it the source for my information hadn't mentioned the the school suggested mental help or the texts with his parents.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
...the texts with his parents.

Those right there are why they are royally copulated.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I revised that post. What I was using for a source didn't have that info on it. It just updated. I still don't see the involuntary manslaughter charge holding up. I do see a criminal negligence charge sticking.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

I don't think so. I removed that section of the post. When I wrote it the source for my information hadn't mentioned the the school suggested mental help or the texts with his parents.

Or so they claim. Still they can get out of this by dismissal of the charges on THEMSELVES,if i was the parents i would bury my kid and save my own arse.

As for the text, seems to me like they were trying to talk him down. the ammo one though,they prolly didnt realize that he was going to kill people with it.
edit on 21000000pppm by yuppa because: changed info a bit.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Not apologizing for parents. At all. I am discussing laws and how it will affect others. How can you not see that the school is responsible for allowing a child who was a threat to stay in their school. All they had to do was call the police or have the SRO remove the child.

Negligence.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Not apologizing for parents. At all. I am discussing laws and how it will affect others. How can you not see that the school is responsible for allowing a child who was a threat to stay in their school. All they had to do was call the police or have the SRO remove the child.

Negligence.

Yes,if the parents go to jail,this sets a bad precedent and soon people who were not even involved will be in jail for crimes they didnt commit.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I still don't see the involuntary manslaughter charge holding up. I do see a criminal negligence charge sticking.

Jin quoted that statute, I think it fully applies.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I am discussing laws and how it will affect others.

The law holds the parents responsible in this case, they even texted that scumbag after he did it with knowledge that it was most likely him.

edit on 3-12-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Here's the press conference:

I have no issue with a 15-year-old having a pistol. I have a big issue with a 15-year-old using a pistol, carrying a pistol, without direct adult supervision. And in MI, he is not allowed to own a gun anyway!

But I have an even bigger issue with the actions of the parents the day of the shooting. They were called in to the school because their son, who they just (illegally) gave a 9mm handgun to, was caught with a note that included a picture of the gun, a picture of a bullet, and a picture of dead person, with the words "blood everywhere," "the voices won't stop. Help!" and "my life is useless" on it. They were told to get the boy counseling within 48 hours, and then left the boy at school without even checking to see if he had a gun!

My God!

They could not be more guilty if they had put the gun in his hands, helped him point it, and told him to pull the trigger!

I watched the press conference with my wife. At one point, I paused it and asked her if she could imagine any world in which we would have left the child at school, or where we would not have searched him for the gun. There is no situation in which we would have done that!

The really bad part is that this is likely to create a call for more restrictive regulations on gun ownership... but the easiest way to have handled this would have been, if the boy is required to get counseling like that, he should have been suspended from school immediately pending the initial results of said counseling. Had he left with his parents, this would not have happened.

4 children would not be dead. 7 children would not be fighting for their life.

I agree with the charges. The actions of the parents were completely negligent and showed no concern for what their child was preparing to do with the gun they had just bought him. Their actions were reckless and irresponsible, and yes, in this case, they should be charged with 4 counts each of involuntary manslaughter. Their son should be charged as an adult with first degree murder. This is not a case of the parents not knowing... it is a case of them not caring.

I still stand behind my position that parents as a rule should not be held legally liable for the actions of children... but this case is the exception to that rule. This is more than an unruly child the parents fail to control... the parents literally enabled the child's actions!

I honestly believe the father may not be found guilty... but I cannot believe the mother would not. The father didn't send the enabling messages to the son, and did report the gun missing when he noticed it... too late, of course. That's for a jury of their peers to decide according to MI law.

For all those who claim these charges are some sort of "liberal agenda," please watch the video. If it doesn't change your mind, maybe you shouldn't be owning a firearm.

"Gun ownership is a right, and with that right comes great responsibility" - Karen McDonald, Oakland County Prosecutor

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I agree with you big guy, this makes legal gun owners like you and me look really bad.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

We'll have to see how the current administration handles this... shouldn't take long to hear the cries for gun control. The law is just; the politics after the charges are the problem.

The good news is that maybe, just maybe, those cries can be slowed enough for the next election. The bad news is, that assumes a next election instead of a next selection.

TheRedneck

edit on 12/3/2021 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I really don't want this to be political, this is all about personal responsibility which the parents failed at miserably.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Now the parents cannot be found. They were to be arraigned at 4pm.

James Robert Crumbley and Jennifer Lynn Crumbley are each facing four counts of involuntary manslaughter after police say their son, Ethan Crumbley, 15, killed four students Tuesday (Nov. 30) at Oxford High School. A “be on the lookout” alert went out to law enforcement at 3 p.m. Friday.

Clickondetroit

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Maybe they'll save the taxpayers some cash and go Brain Laundrie themselves in a swamp somewhere.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   
And just abandon the kid sitting in jail. Sorry kid, parents split. Smdh

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join