It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Oxford Michigan High School

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
The parents appear to be crapbags.
Even crapbags get due process here.
We don't convict someone of something someone else did.
Well, you fat jerry loving new jersey people may.

Its a HUGE leap from putting a handgun in a nightstand to providing one to a raving maniac intent on shooting up a school.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Put some money on it if you think you're so right. Let me know what you feel like losing.

As if you hadn't welched here previously.
Lol
No thanks.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Good luck PROVING that.
The word KNOWING sinks the charge.
How does ANYONE know someone else will go ape#?

Oh, I don't know, maybe the homicidal drawings the kid's parents saw right before he went on a homicidal rampage.

The most likely scenario is that these parents created the monster and more than likely saw drawings like that all the time. The mom probably clasped her hands together and with a big smile, told him how good his drawings were, too ignorant to see the mental incapacities screaming out at the surface of it all. But then again, the kid had to get those mental issues from someone.

I haven't had time to keep up with this story, but after I saw that the authorities were looking to charge the parents, and then the parents were on the run, I knew there would be something more sinister brewing beneath it all.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm not sure if you're a parent. As a parent, aware of previous violence at schools across the country, if my child has access to a gun I've bought him, has video on YouTube of blowing up home made explosives, I was informed he was looking up where to get ammo while in school, then the school shows me a picture he drew shooting people, tell me we have 48 hours to get him mental health, tell me to take him home, how could I possibly not know there could be a possibility of something bad happening?

I have to be a parent to understand the law?
Take your feelz elsewhere.

Prove the kid did not steal the gun.
It is really that simple.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

Dey dinnit do nuffin wrong.

I don't think the Din Do Nuttin's are coming out for this one... Those parents definitely did sum'n.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsdogood

No.

It's because they know the authorities will do something to them.

Why would the authorities do anything to them?

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Good luck PROVING that.

Oh, I don't know, maybe the homicidal drawings the kid's parents saw right before he went on a homicidal rampage.

The most likely scenario is that these parents created the monster and more than likely saw drawings like that all the time. The mom probably clasped her hands together and with a big smile, told him how good his drawings were, too ignorant to see the mental incapacities screaming out at the surface of it all. But then again, the kid had to get those mental issues from someone.

On the surface, I see similarities to the parenting of Rittenhouse.

Is there a fine line between terrorist and vigilante?

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Well the mother posted a picture and said it was his Christmas present. So.. there is that. I'm sorry I read your post as more of how could the parent know, so I posted many reasons they should have.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I'm not sure if you're a parent. As a parent, aware of previous violence at schools across the country, if my child has access to a gun I've bought him, has video on YouTube of blowing up home made explosives, I was informed he was looking up where to get ammo while in school, then the school shows me a picture he drew shooting people, tell me we have 48 hours to get him mental health, tell me to take him home, how could I possibly not know there could be a possibility of something bad happening?

Because you'd be too blind to see the monster you created and you think your wonderful child could never do wrong and they're just harmless drawings. Of course, "you" refers to these parents who were oblivious or ignored all the signs.

My dad bought me a 20 Gauge shotgun when I was 9, he never left it laying out. He kept it locked up in a gun cabinet with a key that he kept with him at all times. He gave me a pocket knife when I was around 12, I jokingly told my sister I'd cut her arm if she bothered me and he took it from me for a year or so.

The parents of this shooter took zero responsibility with him and looked past all of his glaring mental issues.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Good luck PROVING that.

Is there a fine line between terrorist and vigilante?

No.

Big yellow triple line between them.

Not even remotely similar to allowing a well trained kid to legally carry a tool he was very familiar with and had used MANY times before to an event less than 2000 feet from his father's house where they knew other parents would be present, and surrounded by police.

This kid snuck a weapon that was not legal for him to possess into school and got caught producing homicidal drawings, parents were called, noticed the gun was missing, and told the kid to be less obvious so he doesn't get caught.

[SNIPPED]

edit on 3-12-2021 by Ghostsdogood because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Dec 3 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Good luck PROVING that.

What a shocker.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Because they charged them.

Does not mean they are guilty.

Yet.

BTW - democrats in Kenosha and nationwide also called Kyle guilty at this point last year, and tried to use his returning to his mother's house (running) as proof that he was guilty.

I will not jump to that same conclusion in this case. At least not without knowing more about the circumstances.

(post by LSU2018 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I have to be a parent to understand the law?
Take your feelz elsewhere.

Prove the kid did not steal the gun.
It is really that simple.

No need.

They discovered the gun was missing when school called about homicidal drawings and not only refused to pick him up and seek help as the school suggested, but sent him a text telling the kid to stop being so obvious that he gets caught.

Negligence.

Enough to charge negligence anyway, not sure if enough for conviction.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Yet.

BTW - democrats in Kenosha and nationwide also called Kyle guilty at this point last year, and tried to use his returning to his mother's house (running) as proof that he was guilty.

I will not jump to that same conclusion in this case. At least not without knowing more about the circumstances.

Respectfully, I disagree. They wouldn't run if they weren't guilty.

Rittenhouse didn't run, he turned himself in the same night he cleared the world of a pedophile and wife beater.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Once again, you and I agree. I know of many who had guns strictly for hunting which they taught the kids to do, kids who grew up on a farm so proud of the switchblade they got for their birthday. However these were responsible parents and made sure the kids were never handling the items willy nilly.

(post by Ghostsdogood removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Yet.

Respectfully, I disagree. They wouldn't run if they weren't guilty.

Rittenhouse didn't run, he turned himself in the same night he cleared the world of a pedophile and wife beater.

But the teevee said he ran, as did every democrat that could find a microphone.

(After kyle returned to mother's house in Illinois)

I don't KNOW the facts in MI yet, so not going to assume the teevee is telling the truth about parents running.

Yet.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join