It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Oxford Michigan High School

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

AR500 plate in the backpack is a good idea too

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
You said they are guilty

LOLOLOLOL. I'm not the court and I'm not impeding their due process. Learn how the justice system works.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Sorry to hear you were bullied. It was just a thought. It seems this bullying issue just gets worse with each passing year with little change and I have to wonder if its because the schools have difficulty identifying who the actual bullies are.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

Granted, mine isn't necessarily the best of solutions. I don't know what the solution is, to be honest. It seems the bullying problem has exploded over the years and it does make one wonder why certain people are singled out for being bullied.

Maybe its a societal problem with no solution.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Thanks, but I"ve won that award before.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Sorry to hear you were bullied. It was just a thought. It seems this bullying issue just gets worse with each passing year with little change and I have to wonder if its because the schools have difficulty identifying who the actual bullies are.

Cameras in classes,and halls. Make it easier and also introduce complaint forms for students. also make it a toss out of school offense to mis use the forms.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: joejack1949

...and in too many cases, they remain bullies.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Democrats made it extremely difficult to remove bullies and other problem kids from the main schools, we used to have smaller specialized schools for them.

This problem has ALWAYS been easy to fix, and will likely continue until those Clinton admin policies are reversed.

Democrats are currently refusing to even consider reversing those policies, and attempt to group bully anyone suggesting such a thing.

Don't believe me?

Wait for their responses here.

(Or look at responses to previous similar posts)

(post by shooterbrody removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Yeah, you have no respect for due process...

LOLOLOLOL. You think I'm involved with the case. Too funny.

Learn how due process works. Basic civics.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

So much emotion.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Kids get singled out by bullies for bullying for two reasons:
  • Establishment of a pecking order. That occurs in practically any social species. Every kid who shows up in school is trying to figure out where they fit in the societal hierarchy. Unfortunately, not everyone can be in the top slot, and we need to learn to accept that fact.

• Simple insecurity. The bullies in school are always... always... cowards. They try to cover that up by picking on smaller and weaker kids. That's really not so much different than any other segment of society; there are always those who prefer to tear others down to improve their lot in life than build themselves up.

The real problem is that when they get away with bullying for so long, it becomes more than just insecurity... it becomes habit reinforced by insecurity. That's where most of the criminals come from. Some manage to escape that fate (usually when they come up against someone who fights back), but some do not.
What we have done recently is the exact opposite of what we used to do, and what we used to do worked on a lot of the problem. If two kids had a problem (usually because one of them was a bully and the other had just had enough), the coach would put them both in the middle of the gym surrounded by the other kids, with boxing gloves on, and let them just beat on each other until they either gave out or one (usually the bully) gave up. That did two things: it made the bully feel shamed and made him think twice before bullying again, and it made the bullied more confident in his decision to fight back against the bully. And no one got hurt... kids in boxing gloves are not going to injure each other.

Instead, we have instituted this "no violence zero tolerance" policy. Bullying still happens, because the bullies know when they can get away with it. But those being bullied? When they finally snap and fight back, the bullies have gotten very good at attracting attention and getting them accused of bullying. So anyone who tries to stand up to a bully is immediately branded as a bully and usually expelled, while the real bullies are free to continue since no one else wants to be expelled for opposing them.

Of course, when anyone brings this little bit of inconvenient truth up, it is scoffed at and poo-pooed... by people who used to be bullies! Go figure...

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The funny thing is that I'm leaving soon to go watch the Steeler game at a Club I belong to. I just got a call, from a friend, asking if I was coming, because his Son is home on leave and will be there. The guy who called was one of the guys who bullied me when I was in school. I spent a Summer working on a farm. Toughened up my hands and I gained some strength. First day of school he started his crap and I flattened him. Six years later I was an Usher at his wedding.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

a reply to: vonclod

Thanks, but I"ve won that award before.

Lol, sorry I was being a dick.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Things are starting to get interesting.
Oxford School officials could be charged in deadly Michigan shooting: prosecutor
www.foxnews.com...

I think this Prosecutor is over reaching.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Things are starting to get interesting.
Oxford School officials could be charged in deadly Michigan shooting: prosecutor
www.foxnews.com...

I think this Prosecutor is over reaching.

Charge everyone.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join