It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southwest cancels 1000 flights We all know why

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Might it be because the flight schedule was lighter so they had less cancellations due to less flights?

Monday is typically the busiest day of the week for air travel, being that it's a 'holiday' I can see some lessening of demand but when there are little to no delays tomorrow this explanation won't work.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If youre smart you fly on like a Thursday or a Tuesday it's cheaper.
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with smart, when you travel for work you typically fly out on Monday and none of us care how much it costs.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It has nothing to do with smart, when you travel for work you typically fly out on Monday and none of us care how much it costs.

OK.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Excellent point.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   
So I check and about 10% of todays flights were cancelled. Down from the weekend but still causes mass hysteria for the airline.

If you look at the other US airlines, they are running about 1-2% cancellations.

Mondays and holidays are always major travel days.

The drop in cancellations could be due to the following:

1. The sick out was just set for a few days on purpose and they are easing back to work.
2. A handshake and wink agreement was reach with the union. Perhaps SW agreed to be very lenient with exemptions or something along those lines.
3. SW used those two days to start having managers (who are licensed) fly or perhaps call people back from vacation or other leave. Say someone was schedule to fly Wednesday, they would move that person up to Monday in hopes that the sick out person would return to be able fly Wednesday. They might add additional hours too but that's limited due to FAA regs but sometimes they have a little room to add in an extra flights.

BTW - about three hours ago CNN posted an entire article about comp during flight cancellations.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Might it be because the flight schedule was lighter so they had less cancellations due to less flights?

Monday is typically the busiest day of the week for air travel, being that it's a 'holiday' I can see some lessening of demand but when there are little to no delays tomorrow this explanation won't work.

Actually, it's Thursday, but okay.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Actually, it's Thursday, but okay.

TSA numbers are showing Fridays, so it looks like both of us are incorrect.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Im on a plane now sitting in seattle. Two hours delay.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well, I make no predictions about travel stats now, after/during covid, but historically it has been Thursday, at least for us and most of the major hubs.

TBH, I was actually surprised to learn that statistic; I always thought it was Monday's too. Nope, Tuesdays and Thursdays.

As you state, you go when you have to go. (but, this is a flight class status; Business class and First aren't competing for overhead and seats). I know I always did/do, but most of the low and mid-level road warriors avoid Mondays because they want to avoid the leisure travelers returning home on Monday to avoid the jacked up weekend fares. Demographically, Thursdays are the big day because parents want to be home for the weekend. So, historically Thursday takes the prize, because it gives a day for reroutes without making the wife and kids angry.

One guy told me once..."Hey, when was the last school play / band / sports game / recital, etc. on any other night than Friday?? You think I want to be traveling on Friday afternoon??? No WAY! I'd be sleeping in the barn!"

edit on 10/11/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

This airline pilot, says enough is enough he is serious.vwww.bitchute.com... It appears they have said a mandated vaccine changes their terms and conditions of employment, the engineers at Air NZ have done the same.www.bitchute.com...

edit on 11-10-2021 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

You should post a link to this video. The best part of his speech:

"You may support the vaccine mandate because it falls in line with your beliefs but one day there will be a mandate that doesn't fall in line"

I wish more people understood this concept. That's why I can't believe so many minority groups are supporting all these restrictions. It wasn't that long ago their immediate family probably had first had experience with bad laws.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

That’s the worst. It’s usually hot and stuffy and there is usually one crazy on the flight.
Last flight I was on there was a guy that went absolutely batsh*t crazy. He had claustrophobia and wanted out out out, which in turn triggered anger issues in others. I was so ready to get off that tin can!
Somehow flying brings out the absolute worst in people.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

i wish every public service employee would simultaneously strike until the mandates are abandoned. yes it involves a bit of difficulty for us all but at least it's for the right reason, unlike the difficulties everyone has suffered from the draconian BS 'covid' restrictions. the covid lunacy has to end. it has to be STOPPED.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: carewemust

That’s the worst. It’s usually hot and stuffy and there is usually one crazy on the flight.
Last flight I was on there was a guy that went absolutely batsh*t crazy. He had claustrophobia and wanted out out out, which in turn triggered anger issues in others. I was so ready to get off that tin can!
Somehow flying brings out the absolute worst in people.

My work has me travel all the time, I’ll drive if the trip is under 12 hrs. I despise flying airlines and it’s the absolute worst part of the job. I refuse to take AA, I’d rather pay extra for the cattle seating SW has and take my chances, even though that airline sucks too.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Nonesense.

This is what a real revolt looks like. You can't make people do anything.

And that's the damned point.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm This world is too much!

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Lots of airports using every excuse in the book to coverup this boondoggle bulls#t 🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

A new development?

Abbott bans vaccine mandates from any 'entity in Texas'

Southwest is headquartered in Dallas, Texas

Will it look like it's Abbott that caused Southwest to ditch the mandate instead of the employees that wielded their might by calling in sick?

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You think these such cancellations would be other flights as wells? not just Southwest?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join