It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southwest cancels 1000 flights We all know why

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jidnum
Thanks for the update!
It is appreciated.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Update: Okay, so here's the latest:

FAA saying ATC delays were isolated to Friday evening in the Jacksonville, FL en route Center. Delays were a combination of thunderstorm activity in the area, military training and FAA staffing issues. All ATC en route Center issues were resolved Friday evening. FAA further stating any delays remaining after mid-Saturday afternoon are purely on the airlines owing to airline staffing and equipment location issues.

SWA cancelled 800 flights on Saturday...and then cancelled another 1,000 flights (fully 1/3rd of all of it's flights) on Sunday.

Sunday was absolutely NOT an FAA ATC issue. Flight delays today are also NOT an ATC issue. If 1/3rd of SWA's equipment is in FL at any given time, somebody has got a serious airline management problem!

Take it for what you will.

That is all.
edit on 10/11/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
"Sanders Shelves" are appearing fast all across the Country !! 😃

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Thanks for the update!

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
That's the issue.
What you think ain't worth 2 squats.

It sure matters to you since you felt it was important to point out that Hawaii isn't a domestic location.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

No I will not just get the vaccine. Lmfao...i can't believe you just said that. This is what they bank on. People like you complying just to get back to normal which will never happen. I never thought people who frequent a conspiracy theory site that talks about the corrupt government would be giving in to the corrupt government out of fear over a virus that has been blown way out of proportion. When nurses and doctors say they won't get it, it has to at least make you question no? I guess mommy and daddy, I mean, government, knows best.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That's the issue.
What you think ain't worth 2 squats.

It sure matters to you since you felt it was important to point out that Hawaii isn't a domestic location.

Nope
Not a bit

Hope you have a blessed day!

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
I haven't seen their policy but I know from decades of being a frequent flyer that yes, they will provide meals and hotels if the cancellation was their fault and you are stranded overnight. So they obviously have some type of policy.

They have no official policy, it's based, like the other airlines, on their whims. For example, I've had IRROPS occur on United and not get a voucher when I had no status to getting a $200 a night voucher when the same thing occurred and I had status. I agree that generally they will do something when it's on them but that doesn't mean they ever have to do something.

edit on 11-10-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

But usda cant pull me off

I think you need to pay extra for that though.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Nope
Not a bit

Me: SWA flies domestic.

You: You forgot Hawaii.

Hawaii: We are in the United States

Nice try.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

So general airline incompetence? Shocker...

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Nope
Not a bit

Me: SWA flies domestic.

You: You forgot Hawaii.

Hawaii: We are in the United States

Nice try.

Sadly, and typically I may add, that is inaccurate.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FatherLukeDuke

But usda cant pull me off

I think you need to pay extra for that though.

Perhaps.
It may be worth it tho.

edit on 11/10/2021 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Sadly, and typically I may add, that is inaccurate.

Sure:

SWA flies almost all domestic with some flights to the Caribbean and Mexico.

www.hawaiinewsnow.com...

They fly to hawaii as well.

Since Hawaii falls under one the the three general destinations above we'll all accept that you're confused.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
French?
Mouse in your pocket?

The voices could cause your confusion I guess?

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Also, just as an FYI for any of those wondering...

Airlines do not (and can not) make up for cancelled flights. In other words, if your flight was cancelled yesterday, it was "cancelled" (gone, nada, never existed). An airline isn't going to send a 'make-up' flight. When a flight is cancelled, it is gone, like it departed and traveled to it's destination as planned. When you hear the term "re-book" or "re-accomodate" this does not mean a person is getting a seat on a 'make-up' flight. It is a brand new flight, as if the one which was cancelled never existed in the first place.

Though this may seem minor, it is a very important distinction. Many people imagine an airline can just magically add flights to their schedule to make up for cancelled flights. They cannot. They have a finite amount of aircraft and crews. If they have a flight issue today, and flights get cancelled, then those flights are gone. Tomorrow, the schedule will resume as normal, like those flights went to their destination. And yes, sometimes this means flying empty aircraft from one city to another (I've ridden on many of them personally) (though it doesn't work exactly like this, they usually come from different city). It's called "repositioning".

So here's an example: If you're on a flight from DFW to MIA and your flight gets cancelled late in the operational day. It never leaves the ground at DFW. If a the same equipment type is scheduled to make a flight from DFW to LAX the next morning, then the aircraft you would have been on (if it hadn't been cancelled) will go to LAX (not MIA). If there's not enough equipment at DFW, then an airline will "ferry" equipment from the nearest upline station. So, if there's an excess of equipment at DEN, they will ferry equipment from DEN to DFW to pick up the slack. BUT, because that equipment was probably scheduled to go somewhere else from DEN, they sometimes just have to ferry an empty aircraft.

The whole time, there are people at DEN, and people at DFW, and people at MIA that never got to their destination because of the cancellations. These are the people standing in the enormously long lines. Even though equipment flew between those destinations.

It is an exquisitely complicated process! Especially when you add in crew scheduling, aircraft maintenance, RON (remain over night) and hundreds of other factors.
edit on 10/11/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

French?

No, it was in easy to read English, not my fault you think Hawaii didn't fall under one of the three destinations I mentioned.

You leaving out the flights to hawaii is hilarious.

What were they 'left out of' in the domestic, Caribbean and Mexico list? Maybe you think they are in Mexico.

edit on 11-10-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

So general airline incompetence? Shocker...

Or...crew staffing issues.

I would say the verdict is still out.

General airline incompetence would have them operating erratically more often than not. They wouldn't be in business long at all if that were the case. A couple weeks of corporate wide incompetence in daily ops would put any of the majors pretty much underwater.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Thank for the info.
You are too kind.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Thank you, and now we wait and watch.

SW stocks took a dip, so that tells me where there is smoke there’s fire.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join