It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southwest cancels 1000 flights We all know why

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
You leaving out the flights to hawaii is hilarious.

The fact that you think Hawaii is not a domestic destination is what's really funny. Maybe you should call the state and explain it to them...

Vaccinated domestic U.S. Traveler Update
As of July 8, 2021, the state of Hawaii is now allowing all domestic travelers vaccinated in the U.S. (the exemption is for those vaccinated in all U.S. states and territories) to skip quarantine without getting a pre-travel COVID test, a major step toward reopening Hawaii to all travelers. Hawaii..one of the 50 States

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They may not be required to provide hotels by law in the US (they do in Europe) but almost all airlines, including, Southwest, have internal policies to pay for hotels and meals if the delay is overnight. Just this July, Spirit was going to put me in a Las Vegas hotel complete with meals for two days but I had to get home so I found another flight.

You probably haven't heard of it because they almost never admit it's their fault. Usually if a plane breaks down or something they will pull another plane from a flight where they can rebook everyone. So it's really rare that they do this.

edit on October 11th 2021 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

edit on October 11th 2021 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Anything about walk offs or protests? No?

SWA dropped the ball on scheduling and didn't want to take the hit. I said back on page 1 it was most likely their own ineptitude.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Just passing along a "non"-update, but still an update.

I haven't seen the operational status news yet this morning. I said I would update 1st thing, but I don't have anything yet.

C’mon man give us some insider tea

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You leaving out the flights to hawaii is hilarious.

The fact that you think Hawaii is not a domestic destination is what's really funny. Maybe you should call the state and explain it to them...

Vaccinated domestic U.S. Traveler Update
As of July 8, 2021, the state of Hawaii is now allowing all domestic travelers vaccinated in the U.S. (the exemption is for those vaccinated in all U.S. states and territories) to skip quarantine without getting a pre-travel COVID test, a major step toward reopening Hawaii to all travelers. Hawaii..one of the 50 States

You, again, putting posts in others font is hilarious.
I never posted it wasn't a domestic destination.
Not even a nice try.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2

They may not be required to provide hotels by law in the US (they do in Europe) but almost all airlines, including, Southwest, have internal policies to pay for hotels and meals if the delay is overnight. Just this July, Spirit was going to put me in a Las Vegas hotels complete with meals for two days but I had to get home so I found another flight.

You probably haven't heard of it because they almost never admit it's their fault. Usually if a plane breaks down or something they will pull another plane from a flight where they can rebook everyone. So it's really rare that they do this.

To be honest, that one hasn't heard of a lot.
It's ok, be kind to him.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Anything about walk offs or protests? No?

SWA dropped the ball on scheduling and didn't want to take the hit. I said back on page 1 it was most likely their own ineptitude.

www.yahoo.com...

The union representing Southwest Airlines acknowledged an “operational meltdown” over the weekend but said the cancellation of hundreds of flights doesn’t have to do with vaccine mandates. After the airline canceled more than a quarter of its flights on Sunday, speculation swirled that it was because of “sickouts,” or workers using their sick leave to stay home from work as a form of group protest. The Southwest Airlines Pilots Association said federal law doesn’t permit that type of action.

Read between the lines, “Federal law doesn’t permit that type of action”

So could a lot of pilots say they are sick but not “protesting”?

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Just passing along a "non"-update, but still an update.

I haven't seen the operational status news yet this morning. I said I would update 1st thing, but I don't have anything yet.

C’mon man give us some insider tea

It is what we are waiting for.
Info from someone who actually knows what is going on.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
They may not be required to provide hotels by law in the US...

I know, I just said that.

...but almost all airlines, including, Southwest, have internal policies to pay for hotels and meals if the delay is overnight.

Southwest has no stated policy on meals or hotels for cancellations.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I never posted it wasn't a domestic destination.

Nice try to move the goal posts, I said domestic, Caribbean and Mexico, you brought up Hawaii. Maybe you thought it's in the Caribbean since you got confused about domestic destinations.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I did.
However I never posted what you made up.
You could simply admit your error and move on.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Read between the lines, “Federal law doesn’t permit that type of action”

So could a lot of pilots say they are sick but not “protesting”?

Why read between the lines when the head of the union blamed it on a SWA meltdown.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I did.

I know, we established you brought up Hawaii and the USDA and were confused that it was a domestic destination.

edit on 11-10-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Sorry you are unfamiliar with the words "as well".
They don't mean non domestic.

The confusion is clearly only on your part, typical.

I am not explaining the USDA to you.
You can look that up on your own.

edit on 11/10/2021 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

So you just wanted to make an extraneous and pedantic post since your 'as well' was covered in one the three locations I provided? Nah, I think you thought flying over the water made it not domestic.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   

So you just wanted to make an extraneous and pedantic post since your 'as well' was covered in one the three locations I provided? Nah, I think you thought flying over the water made it not domestic.

That's the issue.
What you think ain't worth 2 squats.
Nobody cares.
But typical east coast elite ain't ever wrong.
Lol
Pathetic.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Hmm....
Why would they push back?

..to create fake outrage as the chaos continues as planned with explanations that create even more chaos and confusion.

Lots of old propaganda tricks in play since last November😉

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
No doubt, lots of old propaganda.
Sadly here more than ever.
Hopefully we can get some clarity soon.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I work at one of the busiest airports in the nation and I can without a doubt say that it definitely was not air traffic control issues.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

my goodness....I said internal policy. I haven't seen their policy but I know from decades of being a frequent flyer that yes, they will provide meals and hotels if the cancellation was their fault and you are stranded overnight. So they obviously have some type of policy.

They usually blame the weather to get out of paying - even if it's caused by a system in another city that created the delay. There's almost always bad weather someplace.

Can you imagine the bad press if they had thousands of passengers stuck overnight due to something that was there fault and they didn't pay for a hotel?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join